Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

A new year for Dash posts has begun

large.jpeg

Uh-oh. Rarity's fan club is trying to rally up posts for New Years Eve. We better retaliate.

So what are your Rainbow Dash related predictions for 2017?

I'll start off.

The map calls Rainbow and Applejack to solve something together.

The other wonderbolts start actually calling Rainbow Dash by he REAL name.

As for a map episode, I'm hoping for one with AJ or Rarity, both pairings are overdue for another episode together

More Scootalove episodes, and maybe even an episode with Dash's family. Hopefully a WB episode that sort of an apology for ND/isn't a huge middle finger

But for the love of all that is holy, if they keep giving us more episodes like 28 Pranks Later or Newbie Dash I'm going to be livid

• Brohoof 6

So my dad and I went out to 3 stores today just to pick up some 4x6 note cards. There weren't any at Big Lots or Target, but we found some at Kroger. But, however, there was also almost a FULL RACK of giant MLP plushies. I was tempted to pick up a Rainbow Dash plushie, but I had to resist. That was the first time I had ever seen MLP plushies in a store... and I couldn't get one...

• Brohoof 3

This is my first post to the RDFC, so I thought that I should just write in detail why Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony.  :sneer:

RD was the first thing I saw about the show. In addition with the heaps of fan art, I remember that the famous "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" PMV was the first specific thing I saw. So, when I first started watching the show, I had big expectations for RD, since it seemed that everyone loved her.
My first impression of her in the show wasn't that positive. When she and Twilight had their first conversation together, my first thought was "How can anyone like this pony? She's so arrogant" or something like that. I still thought that the action scenes with Rainbow were one of the best moments in the show, and I really wanted to like RD, but she still was one of my least favorite ponies for a long time, because I didn't understand her personality yet, and she hadn't had time to develop. 

But over the course of now six seasons of FiM, Dashie has gone through some immense development and growth as a character, to the point where she's the most complex character in the show. 

We know that RD spent her childhood on Flight Camp, where bullying was an everyday occurrence. Anyone would end up developing a tough, taking-shit-from-nobody-attitude, especially when having to stand up for your friends, which Rainbow did with Fluttershy and Gilda. And that personality has stuck with her ever since. Or that's how I see it. 

Of course Rainbow Dash is brave by nature, but we've seen that she's not completely fearless. She's a pony that doesn't hesitate a second to kick a dragon tens of times her size, but will go full on panic-mode when having to perform at The Best Young Flier -competition. She also felt the need to hide a part of herself in "Read It And Weep", because she thought it would affect on her public image negatively. She holds herself at enormous standards and other ponies do to, and sometimes she crushes under the pressure. That's something that I, and many others, can relate to.

But the best thing about her isn't her flaws, but that she gets over them. She knows that she is and HAS to be better than that, both for herself and her friends. If that's not inspiring, I don't know what is! Rainbow Dash reprisents something I wish to become like, something to look up to as a role model.

Rainbow Dash is also an important reminder that people are not black and white. Sure, she is a
popular athlete, but also a huge geek, who gets nerdgasms over fantasy books and musicals, and is the first to jump into a role-playing game in "Dungeons And Discords" (and plays as my favorite class, rogue, and looks super cool while doing it). One of the best things about Mane 6 is that while they represent a common trope, they have more going on as characters than you might think on a first look, and it's really apparent in Rainbow Dash.

And I don't care how tough she's trying to look, she is the cutest pony ever. :3 Somehow it's even more awesome when it's a small, adorable pony that does all them feats of strength. 

26b04821f67ff14769de8a7d781106ac.gif
  • Brohoof 5