Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's Mother?

Tall_But_Short_37

Alright, so this latest episode gave us a new big piece of canon: Rainbow Dash's daddy. I actually missed this fact on my first watch of the episode, but went back and found it after I saw everyone freaking out about it. However, upon closer inspection of that flashback scene, I noticed that there may have been another previously unseen parent in that crowd...

Scoots_mom.png

The hair, mane, and it's hard to discern, but I believe eye colors all match up. Could this be Scootaloo's mother? She looks not quite fully grown, but this flashback is before RD even had her cutie mark, so I feel it's fully possible it could be her mother. Did the animators sneak this little easter egg in, or is it just a coincidence?

Opinions, thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

Wait, what about the third pony from the left, he kinda looks like Derpy's dad, doesn't he? And two ponies left of Scootaloo's mom-look-alike, there's Thunderlane's dad, these are all possible dude, we can't know, but maybe the writers just wanted to have fun throwing these in :P

• Brohoof 1

I SURE HOPE STUDIO B WOULD SAY IT'S REAL

*crazed fan mode off*

The Mythbusters say: PLAUSIBLE

It could be true, but there's no evidence, if Scoot was near her, then we'd know, but now we can only speculate.

Edited by ~Хаотичан Четник~

So Scoots is not an orphan!

Well, not legitly anyway. She might as well be. The pony on the right looks a lot like derpy...AHA! WE CAN ADOPT HER AS DERPY2!

I SURE HOPE STUDIO B WOULD SAY IT'S REAL

*crazed fan mode off*

The Mythbusters say: PLAUSIBLE

It could be true, but there's no evidence, if Scoot was near her, then we'd know, but now we can only speculate.

Well from how young she looks in that shot, I doubt she's old enough to have a filly anyways. But yes, you are correct that we can only speculate at this point.  :huh:

Wait, what about the third pony from the left, he kinda looks like Derpy's dad, doesn't he? And two ponies left of Scootaloo's mom-look-alike, there's Thunderlane's dad, these are all possible dude, we can't know, but maybe the writers just wanted to have fun throwing these in :P

Wait. You're a freaking genius dude.

*starts weeping*

I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU, GREAT EYE, SON

Oh look, two of Thunderlane's uncles.

Oh look, Derpy's mom.

Even Moondancer's dad from G1, the list goes on and on

I don't get why everyone thinks that Scootaloo is an orphan. Just because you never see her parents doesn't mean she doesn't have any. 

You don't see the characters brush their teeth, but it doesn't mean they don't do it. 

Edited by Vallo
  • Brohoof 1

I don't get why everyone thinks that Scootaloo is an orphan. Just because you never see her parents doesn't mean she doesn't have any. 

You don't see the characters brush their teeth, but it doesn't mean they don't do it.

Well season 3 will end next week and we still have no information about if Scootaloo has a mother and or father or even a home to go to so it makes sense to assume she is either homeless or an orphan or possibly both.

Edited by cmarston1

The animates for MLP are geniuses. I wouldn't be surprised if thy did that on purpose. However, I think this is just a coincidence. But they could always do what they did with Derpy and put that pony into the show.

Scoot is one of my fav background ponies in truth,  some rumors I’ve come on is half the reason
she has a hard time flying is due to her mother was a earth pony and dad a
Peggy.   Which make some sense a
bit.    Now that pony could be her mom but
as said,  they use color mixes a lot to
save on money and such.  I also think the
writers might have more planned with her by not showing her parents at all for
later  eps.

As we all know Scootaloo is my all time favorite pony

But that is definitely not her mother

I see only a mild resemblance, not an actual resemblance

So for me this is not enough for it to be her mother

Well season 3 will end next week and we still have no information about if Scootaloo has a mother and or father or even a home to go to so it makes sense to assume she is either homeless or an orphan or possibly both.

Then wouldn't every pegasi be without a family? There has never been mention of Rainbow Dash's or Fluttershy's families, so I guess they have no family either? I don't get why everyone focuses on Scootaloo and not the other pegasi. It'd would be too dark to have Scootorphan be canon. Maybe Scootaloo's family just doesn't have any major role and doesn't need one. Either way, the absence of Scootaloo's family makes her a more cryptic character, and that makes her character more interesting.

We could talk theories all day, but I don't really want to make a big deal out of it. I just think some of these homeless or orphan theories are a bit far-fetched and people are making the absence of her family too complicated. Perhaps they'll show up in a future episode. Who knows?

• Brohoof 1

Then wouldn't every pegasi be without a family? There has never been mention of Rainbow Dash's or Fluttershy's families, so I guess they have no family either? I don't get why everyone focuses on Scootaloo and not the other pegasi. It'd would be too dark to have Scootorphan be canon. Maybe Scootaloo's family just doesn't have any major role and doesn't need one. Either way, the absence of Scootaloo's family makes her a more cryptic character, and that makes her character more interesting.

We could talk theories all day, but I don't really want to make a big deal out of it. I just think some of these homeless or orphan theories are a bit far-fetched and people are making the absence of her family too complicated. Perhaps they'll show up in a future episode. Who knows?

Well on the topic of Dash's family, well...

136043127607.jpg

We at least know she has some family. This guy is probably either her dad, or brother. Maybe uncle.

But it is true that we have seen nearly nothing about pegasai families, but you are right on that not meaning that there is no family there.

background ponies are mean't to just be fillers for large crowds.  The likelyness is rather low.  As really the colors are traded in background ponies, so maybe, but more then likely not.

Well on the topic of Dash's family, well...

img-1163793-1-136043127607.jpg

We at least know she has some family. This guy is probably either her dad, or brother. Maybe uncle.

But it is true that we have seen nearly nothing about pegasai families, but you are right on that not meaning that there is no family there.

When did THAT happen? I've never seen this screenshot before. I'm not surprised, I haven't watched the last few episodes. Season 3 was kind of a let down anyway. 

Edited by ~Vallo~

When did THAT happen? I've never seen this screenshot before. I'm not surprised, I haven't watched the last few episodes. Season 3 was kind of a let down anyway. But I digress.

It was a flashback in the most recent episode. I have yet to watch the full thing as well, but I saw at least that far into it.

So there is a bit of family development for pegasai, if only a little.

I don't really think its more then a coincidence for Scootaloo. However its pretty much confirmed that Rainbow's dad is there, and its possible her mom is there to.

I just feel like color pallets are thrown around alot though, so I doubt this was intentional. Who knows though.

My personal headcannon as of now is that Scootaloo is an orphan. Thats just me though.