Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Musical Instrument

Celtore

• 3 years later...

Piano, because everything sounds good on one. So many genres incorporate the use of a piano and it sounds so good. Listen to a Queen, Porter Robinson, Green Day, Eminem, deadmau5 or any song on a piano and it’ll blow you away.

As the years have passed by, I've come to determine the oboe family instruments to be my top favorite. I'm still saying I think the Baroque oboe and English horn are just a bit more beautiful than the regular oboe, but after switching to it, I found a new appreciation for the modern oboe itself. Of course, I've always thought it was overwhelmingly beautiful, but would always make a clear preference for the Baroque oboe and English horn.

I've also found myself just becoming a woodwind and brass instrument enthusiast altogether. I love them all. And I've really come to appreciate recorders lately. To the point that I decisively prefer recorders over flutes. It probably has to do with my love for early music which has only grown over the last several years. Double reeds and recorders are ancient in of themselves, even if our modern double reed instruments are not.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite Instrument are the guitar (and mostly the electric guitar) and Synthesizer. Guitar because I love the sound of them and especially great guitar soli and Synthesizer ebcause you can make so many interesting things with it. I also like pedal-steel-guitars and Uilleann Pipes because of their sounds. Saddly, i can not paly any of them and also don't have currently the time to learn these instruments.

Edited by IronM17

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the Cello. It has such a sweeping, haunting, sweet but tragic sound. It really touches something deep down in the soul. I think of violins as the female voices of the instrument world, which makes cellos the male voice. And these guys have known pain; sweet, hard exquisite pain.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I’ve played the trombone in the past for so long so there’s that.

I do wish I could play the saxophone then the piano. They’d speak my soul out..

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...