Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The fandom and its downfall.

moduz94

Mlp Fandom die? Naw. Only if we the bronies let it. Really everypony just needs to calm down, I think everyones a bit aggitated overall because of all the drama between hasbro and Fighting is Magic, The takedown of youtube episodes and parodies(Which is actually just youtubes fault for its dumb content I.D system btw.) The Alicorn Twilight thing and all the other stuff.

This guy is really more or less a hypocrit. I think hes more annoying then anyone hes ever mentioned. Besides, bronies have been around for a bit now. There is gonna be a couple of people starting to pop up as bad apples. Will it be the end of the fandom? Not if we don't let it.

I'll admit that when i first heard about all these problems I overreacted myself a bit, but its been a while, I think its time everypony calms down a bit and realizes its not really that big of a deal.

We still have many people who plan to stay here and dedicated for a long while, not to mention many new people. We've even had the pleasure of winning many contests as a fandom in general. The fandom's been through alot. I don't think its going to break just because of a few bad apples.

I say as long as we want it to the fandom will live on, and I don't know about y'all but I still love each and everyone of y'all. And I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

I'm VERY sure that people who speak negatively about their own fandom are just attention seeking. There's actually no merit to telling the people you've shared laughs, tears and debates with that you think they're "Fuckasses".

• Brohoof 1

I'm VERY sure that people who speak negatively about their own fandom are just attention seeking. There's actually no merit to telling the people you've shared laughs, tears and debates with that you think they're "Fuckasses".

Well, to be fair, I'm a non-active member of the furry fandom, and I'm pretty critical of it in a similar (but much calmer) way.  I like to think my reasons for berating it are based on observations I can defend and not just conflicts with my personal opinions.  But just the same, the fact that I've said it's been full of drama queens and that's why I'm not participating anymore could place me in a similar category to the guy we're criticizing here.

I think, though, that there's a big difference between open, honest critique and full-on flaming.  IMO, the linked rant was a great example of the latter.

Well, to be fair, I'm a non-active member of the furry fandom, and I'm pretty critical of it in a similar (but much calmer) way.  I like to think my reasons for berating it are based on observations I can defend and not just conflicts with my personal opinions.  But just the same, the fact that I've said it's been full of drama queens and that's why I'm not participating anymore could place me in a similar category to the guy we're criticizing here.

I think, though, that there's a big difference between open, honest critique and full-on flaming.  IMO, the linked rant was a great example of the latter.

This.

Self criticism is a virtue to me, but flaming your own friends is down right asking to be taken for a fool. "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer", and he's completely disregarded that saying.

'Sup guys, the author of the original blog post here. I mostly just wanted to stop by and let you all know I'm laughing at the rage and hate I'm getting. Seriously, you guys are great, keep it up.

Love and tolerate!

--TheUltamate

Mlp Fandom die? Naw. Only if we the bronies let it. Really everypony just needs to calm down, I think everyones a bit aggitated overall because of all the drama between hasbro and Fighting is Magic, The takedown of youtube episodes and parodies(Which is actually just youtubes fault for its dumb content I.D system btw.) The Alicorn Twilight thing and all the other stuff.

Exactly.  I think it's all of this happening at the same time that drove a lot of us (myself included) into a panic.  Particularly bad for me, because I;m an OCD worrywart a la Twilight, panicking at the slightest sense of doubt.  But then once time has passed without any more disturbances, I think things will settle down.  If the season 3 finale and Season 4 are still good, and Hasbro doesn't do anything too crazy, we have nothing to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

'Sup guys, the author of the original blog post here. I mostly just wanted to stop by and let you all know I'm laughing at the rage and hate I'm getting. Seriously, you guys are great, keep it up.

Love and tolerate!

--TheUltamate

You're not helping. Do you want this fandom to be a long-term success? Then stop bucking your fellow brony and put out a helping hoof. Brony attacking brony? Madness!

Your avatar of a snake eating its own tail is very fitting. In situations of stress and change, we shouldn't be flaming each other, or laughing at each other, we should be SUPPORTING each other. It's what allowed this fandom to grow in the first place, and we need it now more than ever.

Exactly.  I think it's all of this happening at the same time that drove a lot of us (myself included) into a panic.  Particularly bad for me, because I;m an OCD worrywart a la Twilight, panicking at the slightest sense of doubt.  But then once time has passed without any more disturbances, I think things will settle down.  If the season 3 finale and Season 4 are still good, and Hasbro doesn't do anything too crazy, we have nothing to worry about.

I know that feel. But have faith in our future, friend. There's a phrase that gets thrown around /mlp/ that goes "the ride never ends." And it really doesn't, if we don't want it to.

• Brohoof 1

You're not helping. Do you want this fandom to be a long-term success? Then stop bucking your fellow brony and put out a helping hoof. Brony attacking brony? Madness!

Your avatar of a snake eating its own tail is very fitting. In situations of stress and change, we shouldn't be flaming each other, or laughing at each other, we should be SUPPORTING each other. It's what allowed this fandom to grow in the first place, and we need it now more than ever.

I hate to say it, but you shouldn't respond.  At all.  He's here to cause trouble, and as he said, he gets off on all the negative attention.  Just ignore him.  Please.

• Brohoof 1

This isn't the downfall of the bronies, it is merely a bump in the metaphorical dirt road. It isn't the first and it sure as hell won't be the last. We'll pull through, no matter how hard or long that will take.

No fandom is perfect and there will always be all sorts of complainers and fans that don't want anything to change.

I myself think this fandom will be around for a long time no matter what happens... and after all this time it's still spreading.

As for the Twilight becoming an alicorn... I pretty much suspected that ever since episode 2. I mean what else would an Element of Harmony shaped like a crown stand for? I like such hints. They usually mean big plots that transpire in multiple episodes and then get revealed after some time. I like that as it always excites me and makes me want to see the next episode. It's a great way to get the audience hooked.

In any case, I don't think this fandom will fall anytime soon. Heck I don't think it'll fall for a long time even after the show ends.

• 8 years later...