Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Leafeon

Me also. The colours they are playing fit them as well.

How does green mana fit Trixie? She has no connection to nature and forest. Heck the one time anything actually connected with nature came about, that of the Ursa Minor, she was left completely unable to do anything.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Honestly I'd say Trixie would be more likely to use swamps then forests, black is the color of selfishness, and putting yourself before others in one's pursuit of gaining power at any cost (considering Magic Duel and Boost Busters).

Personally I would give her the colors black and blue.

That and she loves being in control, the above colors doing very well when it comes to controlling your own hand and your opponent's hand.

Rockymoo if you haven't played MTG then yeah your gonna be lost lol.

I don't know about Black being more suited for her. Trixie wasn't selfish in the sense that she wanted everything, yeah in Magic Duel but that was more of her corruption not her. I don't know about red but I think green suits her. Green is about strong creatures and overpowering your opponents with might. Trixie might relate herself to a really high level green creature since she calls herself the Great and Powerful Trixie.

Just my opinion and really this is taking things a little too far. I don't think you can compare magic mana to how someone acts. Playing black doesn't make you a selfish person. You just like the cards that happen to pertain to that color. So really instead of thinking there is a reason Trixie and Twilight are using the colors they are, I feel they just are because they simply liked the cards.

Edited by VenomTrixie

"Black mana comes from swamps, where things fester and rot. Death, disease, selfishness, power at any cost - these are the twisted values of the darkness. Black magic is powerful and easy to wield, but it comes with a high price. Its spells and abilities can warp the mind, poison the land, and turn creatures into nothing."

The creatures are oftan as "self-serving and treacherous as the mages who commanded them. It is not evil, though it is often portrayed to be."

"Black is a fairly simple color to understand. It focuses on winning at all costs. It can be simple, or very abstract. Though it can be an aggressive color, it focuses on manipulating the opponent at any cost. When black gets aggressive, it does so by clearing the path for its creatures. Its creatures usually don't fight other creatures because black's "fear" ability allows it to bypass all non-black, non-artifact creatures."

"Black will do absolutely whatever it has to in order to gain the upper-hand. That doesn't mean it is without limits, but it is willing to sacrifice part of itself in order to do what it does more efficiently."

----------------

"The strength of blue magic lies in trickery and manipulation. Blue mages work behind the scenes, scheming and stealing secrets, controlling their environments completely before making a move."

"For the most part, blue likes to take it slow. It despises hasty actions and is also very big on deception, cloaking the truth and concealing its true motives. As the ruler of air and water, blue has always found a way to make its more aggressive creatures effective infiltrators through some form of evasion, typically flying. It also has a unique skill in the matters of time, usually reversing it by unsummoning things. Blue, as the color of intelligence, takes great pride in never running out of options. It loves to draw cards so that it always has a plan for what may come."

"Blue has long been the color of control. "

((Now admittingly black and blue is not perfect fit for Trixie but at the same time I feel they fit far more than any other color, especially because Trixie in her thirst for revenge was willing to gain power at any cost or so she foolishly thought. She did not care about a cost and as a stagemare trickery was her specialty. Lastly blue is the color of mages and black is often welded by those of more selfish desire. Black and blue form the greatest magical might one might seek which fits her wish to be Great and Powerful.))

You may have a case for black and green but not red and green.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to go with EquestrianScholar on this one.

Besides, one could argue that a mix of Black and Blue really constitutes a different kind of magic user anyway. I could see a mix of the two being Trixie, maybe with a leaning toward the Blue side.

In the end, I just really want to hear Trixie yell out "Wind Drake" like the summoners do in Magic The Gathering: Battlefield, so that might be an ulterior motive.

Hello Trixiests

I am back from a long break I was forced into by the real world.  I figured that I had to be back before Season 4.

Anything interesting happen in the past two-three months?

Welcome back!

And yeah, you didn't miss much. I've been steering clear of this thread until all this nonsensical babble about some card game dies down though.

I thought these pics would be fitting since season 4 is around the corner.

img-2024804-1-505px-Alicorn_Trixie_by_ar

img-2024804-2-the_trixie_supremacy_drawf

img-2024804-3-the_trixie_supremacy_drawf

Laughs, as if that would ever happen.

As of yet Trixie has done nothing to prove she would ever be deserving of the title princess or that she never transform into an alicorn.

Welcome back!

And yeah, you didn't miss much. I've been steering clear of this thread until all this nonsensical babble about some card game dies down though.

Hey I wasn't the one who posted a picture showing Trixie in Twilight playing a game of Magic the Gathering, the subject I know a fair amount about. As such a discussion of what colors a certain character would play is inevitable. Edited by EquestrianScholar

Laughs, as if that would ever happen.

As of yet Trixie has done nothing to prove she would ever be deserving of the title princess or that she never transform into an alicorn.

You say that as if the title of princess is conferred based on merit.

Alicorn_Twilight_reveal_2_S3E13.png

Let's give everypony wings!  Or, rather, everyunicorn.

Starswirl the Trixie, on 21 Nov 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

You say that as if the title of princess is conferred based on merit.

Let's give everypony wings! Or, rather, everyunicorn.

Smiles, it seems you haven't been keeping up. For one Princess Cadence was born a pegasus and raised by earth ponies. What's interesting about her story is that Princess Celestia had nothing to do with her transformation, the diarch of the sun discovered Cadance in that 'astral plane'.

Second, getting back on track, Twilight Sparkle earned her title. That is something I actually enjoyed about her becoming a princess is unlike others with sich a title she wasn't born into it, she earned that title. That if one uses the lessons of friendship shown within the series you too can become a leader.

---------------------

Another possibility to add to what I'd said on which colors Trixie would use when it comes to MtG, that maybe two colors is not enough:

blue-black-red.png

Why are you talking about this in a thread that isn't meant for this kind of debating?

Because I find enjoyment in being serious on a silly thread, someone here actually called it reverse trolling.

This topic is for the worship of Trixie! the sexiest pony alive!!

It's been a while since I posted here but im back!

At best the second sexist, not counting the royal sisters, after Rarity. Edited by EquestrianScholar

Because I find enjoyment in being serious on a silly thread, someone here actually called it reverse trolling.

I think it might've been me who called it that.

I dunno. I thought it was funny the first day or two, but now it's kind of getting old. I'm asking nicely.

Well someone has to be serious here and considering things reasonably. One's devotion to a character should not mean they make unrealistic claims. To be the sane with so many crazies on the thread.

I'm doing a service as a fan of Trixie, and if I must be different to do so I will.