Shanks

Pinkie Pie: I can be happy and hyper sometimes x3

Twilight Sparkle: I like to study and research on things I like ^^

Applejack:I do chores like a'lot at home and like to do it alone o-o

Rarity:Like to make my own things sometimes

Fluttershy:I always shy talking to people :blush: 

Rainbow Dash:I can be a bit competitive sometimes o-o

• 2 weeks later...

Fluttershy: I like animals, especially cats, I manage to charm pretty much every cat I meet

Pinkie Pie: I enjoy making people laugh 

Rainbow Dash: I am loyal but stubborn

Applejack: Honesty is the best policy

Rarity: We both have blue eyes and purple hair hehe, I am generous too

Twilight Sparkle: I guess I'm nerdy like her, as a kid I was so interested to fill my head with knowledge.

Rainbow Dash: I'm pretty athletic, and I like following up on sports.

Twilight: I'm a nerd.

Applejack: I play by the rules

Fluttershy: I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm good with animals, but I am good with cats

Rarity: I take too many precautions to ensure that I look good every morning

Pinkie Pie: I tend to get overexcited sometimes.

I've been waiting for someone to ask this!  :pinkie:

• Like Twilight Sparkle, when I was young, I didn't care about making friends, and most kids my age didn't want to be friends with me anyways. So, I stayed focus on my studies. But as an adult, I realized that school doesn't last forever, and a real friendship can be one of the most valuable things to have.  :twi:
  • Like Applejack, I was born an raised in Texas. Never developed an accent, but I know what it's like to live there, and I even have a cowboy hat in my gigantic wardrobe.  :icwudt:
  • Like Pinkie Pie, my sense of humor can be absolutely random! And I do love a good party from time to time.  :lol:
  • Rarity and other things in my life have challenged the way I feel about fashion and the things I wear. And now, fashion is one of the many things I'm passionate about. But I'm not a snob about it, so there's that.  :grin2:
  • Fluttershy is, of course, the shy one. And as you can recall from my story above about when I was young, I was REALLY shy! Had almost no social skills what-so-ever. But I am trying to be different as an adult. I don't want to hold myself back anymore from experiencing a full, active life! But sometimes, my old shy ways come back like a bad habit.  :kindness:
  • In fact, I'm so tired of being shy and unsure that I now walk with as much self confidence as possible. My life might not be any different than any other average person, but I still think I'm cool, and that's good enough for me. I'll live life loudly like a rock star while I still can, and I guess that's something I have in common with Rainbow DashB)

That was fun!  ^_^

Twilight: I read way too many books.
Pinkie: I try to cheer up me hearties all the time *.^
Fluttershy: Quiet, shy personality. (Shocker, I know)

Rarity: Creativity, and I suppose I'm a bit of a clean freak like her too  :please: 
Rainbow: Err.... I like naps? 
Applejack: Hard (Read: stubborn) worker.

I'm resisting making a joke about alternate universes just to prove a point about being clear in your title.

Twilight: Books.

Pinkie: I make a lot of jokes. (They all suck.)

Fluttershy: I'm shy in real life. (I'm not that shy on the Internet, though.)

Dash: I'm competitive. Too competitive.

Rarity: Uh...I...like...sparkly things? I don't have much in common with Rarity.

AJ: I like...fruit? Yeah, something like that. 

Twilight Sparkle: I look for a deeper meaning to everything, and when something interests me I research the heck out of it. I always look for a reason behind something, and I want to know how it works. I am also a Pastor's daughter, so sometimes the responsibility I carry is intimidating, but with my family and loved ones' help, it's usually much easier to handle it. I also tend to obsess over things. I love science and I love to figure out how the world works around me.  :P

Fluttershy: I love animals, and I was really insecure when I was a little girl. I was always afraid of everyone because I was bullied when I was a kid. I remember to love animals a lot at this point, and I used them as my escape from reality. I learned as much as I could from them, drew them, and had several pets. But, when I grew up, I understood that being kind was not equal to being stepped on, and for that, I'm thankful.  :fluttershy:

Pinkie Pie: I love to see people happy and content. I put other's happiness over my own, sometimes leading to stress, but in the moment I see them smile, I feel happy too. I love to see my family and loved ones safe and happy.  :pinkie:

Applejack: I am honest and sometimes very stubborn to admit when I'm wrong. I am also a very family-oriented person.  :smug:

Rarity: I love to be generous when I have the means, and even if I don't, I always try to make someone feel better about themselves. I enjoy fashion, although I am not a freak about it. I just like to look good. I especially love make up like she does.  :rarity:

Rainbow Dash: I'm loyal to the core. When I say I'm with you, I'm with you 'til the end. I am also lazy and laid-back, and if I had wings, I would also be up in the sky all the time. I am sometimes impatient and I used to be impulsive, although that is now under control.  :dash:

Twilight: I'm very academically driven and have a huge curiosity about, well, everything! That's why I tend to ask a lot of questions...lol.

Pinkie: I try hard to bring joy into people's lives.

Fluttershy: I tend toward introversion and I consider myself a kind person. I LOVE animals and wanted to be a vet/animal shelter owner when I was a kid. Also, I'm naturally soft-spoken.

Rarity: DEFINITELY artistic creativity. I totally understand being suddenly inspired by something/someone.

Rainbow Dash: I'm competitive. Also, I used to do a lot of sports growing up.

Applejack: Stubbornness for sure. Also, I consider myself a hard worker (when I choose to put my mind to it :P)

Applejack: Whenever I find someone doing something I do well, I feel challenged (Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 Episode, for reference)

Twilight Sparkle: Books for eternity! And beyond! (I still need to do my first book sortation) (I'm good at maths, too)

Rainbow Dash: 'Don't believe me? Check this out!' (this was a tough one to think up)

Pinkie Pie: I can (try to) be random sometimes. (difference is that the more people/ponies around, the less likely it'll be I craze about, while Pinky will be more certain of making the crowd laugh)

Fluttershy: The edge might seem miles away at first, but cross it, the devil shivers. (few people ever reached that far, it's quite the marathon)

Rarity: "It. Is. ON!"

Applejack: I am relatively honest, I don't like to lie.

Rainbow Dash: I am obsessed with the element of adventure.

Fluttershy: I am really shy, I nearly have anxiety attacks when I have to meet new people in person.

Twilight: I love reading!

Rarity: I love fashion, I enjoy clothes!

Pinkie Pie: I like baking pies and such!

Applejack: Integrity is a big thing for me 

Rainbow Dash: pretending to be awesome   B)

Fluttershy: I'll help anyone as long as they ask for it.

Twilight: study alot for things I enjoy

Rarity: I like dressing fancy always suit up when able

Pinkie Pie: God I miss baking and having a kitchen 

Lets start with Pinkie pie and work our way down shall we?

Pinkie- Im hyper and cheerful, striving to make others smile.

Fluttershy-Animals. I adore them! If I had a choice I would adopt every stray off the street.

Rainbow Dash- Rainbows. Whats more to say?

Rarity- I have the least in common with her, though I do like to feel pretty every now and again despite my tomboyish nature.

Applejack- I cant lie to people I care about easily, and even then it always makes me feel really really guilty.

Twilight- I like to sit down and read a nice book every now and again, and writing has always been a habit of mine, making small little short stories when I have the chance.

Derpy- Im not normal per say, never fit in and always treated differently.

Twilight - I enjoy reading. I'm also interested (and knowledgeable, if I may say so myself) in many various topics.

Fluttershy - IRL, I'm mostly shy and socially awkward. I also love animals.

Rainbow Dash - I've got anger management issues a little bit of a temper.

Applejack - I tend to be very blunt.

Rarity - I'm creative and can get depressed if my work doesn't measure up to my expectations.

Pinkie Pie - I... uh.... I think I'm more of opposite here. I guess I can make people laugh with my snarking. But does it count?

Twilight Sparkle: I get very stressed out about making deadlines and impressing my teachers.

Pinkie Pie: Oh, so much. I'm random, bouncy, like appearing out of the middle of nowhere and unintentionally scaring people. Also, Pinkie Pie in Party of One is me. Like so me it's scary.

Rarity: I'm very dramatic, and overreact to everything. Also, her reaction to the crystal kingdom is spot on how I would be, too. lol

Rainbow Dash: I have a solid goal. Also I can be a bit impatient and rude.

Fluttershy: I'm very shy and easily scared.

Applejack: This one is actually kind of tough... I really like her character, but can't always relate. Perhaps if we go back to her in The Last Roundup, she really resembles some things I've done in my life...

Apple Jack: I'm very pridefull

Fluttershy: I try my best to be nice to people.

Pinkie pie: I'm very Random at times

Rainbow Dash: I'm very good at Athletic events that require speed and endurance, like Soccer or Baseball.

Rarity: I like being creative.

Twilight Sparkle: I have CDO ( Its like OCD <That took a great effort to type> But in alphabetical order < LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!!> Like This list of mine that I've just listed, The one your reading right now )

• 6 years later...

No way! When I woke up this morning, I had the idea to make this topic myself! And now I find it exists already! Time for a revival! :eager:

Personally, I'm going to make it a ranking as well. And I'm not necessarily keeping it at "one" thing.

6. Rainbow Dash - I think she is the complete opposite of me, personality-wise. It took me a very long time to become a loyal person, so I have at least this in common with her.

5. Twilight Sparkle - With her I have in common my neatness. Everything in my home needs to be clean and tidy. :adorkable: I love her as well, but I don't have that much in common with her.

4. Applejack - Definitely the honesty! Very important! Yeehaw! :mlp_yeehaa:

3. Rarity - Her sense for beauty and perfection. :darling: I don't care about how people in reality look like, it's all about the personality. But when it comes to art, hobbies, media and fiction, it needs to be close to perfection, it needs to be colorful, beautiful and unique. :mlp_proud:

2. Fluttershy - Fluttershy is one of the most relatable characters for me. I was extremely shy as a kid and teen and I was full of anxiety and fear every single day. I was always an outsider, avoided and sometimes hated and called things, because I'm not the way most people and family wants me to be. I was hiding away and more like Marble Pie, really. But I improved over the years and became braver, just like Fluttershy along the seasons. :blush: I can be brave in moments when it is needed. I can fight back with all I have. But this is not what I want. Like her, I just want to live a happy, positive and peaceful life. And I wish this to everyone. I feel more connected to animals, as I'm most of the time quiet too. I find talking unnecessary most of the time. She also has very exciting hobbies, especially her tea parties. :fluttershy: I finally can be myself for the most part. It is a solitary path, but it's a life without regrets. :kindness:

1. Pinkie Pie - The funny thing is, that I don't even throw parties, I don't make people laugh. And I don't even eat sugary stuff - at all. But still, she is my number 1 here and I don't even know where to start, haha. She sees the world in a different way, like I do. And I actually find her even nicer and friendlier than Fluttershy, because she is even more accepting, caring and open-minded (in my humble opinion). She is open-minded and accepts even very "unusual" things. One tiny example is, when she thought that a rock is Maud's boyfriend. She didn't judge her in any way and was just happy for her sister and said that a rock would be perfect for her. :mlp_smile: She seems very chaotic and fun on the surface, but she is actually a very complex character with a lot of depth. And all of it is so relatable. Like her, I just want to be positive and happy, but deep down, we have a lot more to offer. We do unexpected things. I love that she is not like other ponies, she always surprises with something new and unexpected. I can't imagine for myself to live a repetitive life, I'm all about the adventure, the variety and unique experiences. Even her mental breakdowns are relatable. That's all I'm gonna say. :mlp_laugh: She has a nice family I would like to have as well. All the episodes with the Pies are always fantastic! :mlp_pinkie: Pinkie is easily excited, she is always happy for anyone. I don't know, I think it would be quicker to tell the things I don't have in common with her, hahaha.

Pinkie is probably the most important aspect of FIM. Without her, maybe I wouldn't have watched the show at all and I wouldn't be here now. :huh: She was the first pony Twilight met in Ponyville and this was the moment when I fell in love with the show. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1