Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you drive?

Rainbow    Dash

@@Scootalove,

No my mom is literally the worst driver ever... She one time was pulling out of my friends driveway and literally destroyed their mailbox because she could not see it. Also whenever she parks, I do not know why, she parks over the parking line taking up two spaces. She does that quite frequently so I usually drive if I am ever going anywhere with her xD. 

I would probably look for the escape hatch when she is driving, but only if it gets out of hand. xD

I drive pretty crazy, like imagine a guy who runs over people on the sidewalk in Grand Theft Auto V. That is how I drive. :P

Well, tell me when you get on the road, because then I'll know when to get out.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably look for the escape hatch when she is driving, but only if it gets out of hand. xD

Did I mention my mom's limit of speed is like 80mph constantly or so it seems like o.o... we all fear her driving.

Yeah an escape hatch a parachute and a boat.  

When going down hills, I just let my car roll down and apply brakes if necessary. In case where I have to wait to merge in to traffic from my neighborhood, I sometimes have to floor it taking the car up to 6000 rpm to get in. 

In terms of observing, I look everywhere I could, I keep 70mph on the interstate and use cruise control if I have to due to the constant movement of my foot on the pedal. 

I drive slow apparently, since I drive at just about the speed limit, and always leave at least 2 cars of space between me and the person in front of me. I always let people in front of me, and stick to the right lane because people pass me if I ever drive in the left lane. I'm pretty chill about driving, It's no big deal, just transportation - but I always make a point of being safe.

• Brohoof 1

Did I mention my mom's limit of speed is like 80mph constantly or so it seems like o.o... we all fear her driving.

Yeah an escape hatch a parachute and a boat.  

I'd probably pull out a parachute if we start flying into the air. Time to run for our lives!

I drive like the following:

Leave 1-3 car spaces between me and the dude in front.

Go 10 mph over the speed limit.

Signal for everything.

Never pass on 2 lane roads (by this I mean 1 lane for your direction, one lane for the opposite, no median). Prefer to take the fog line, but I'm getting better about that.

So, overall, I'm pretty well behaved except for the speed bit. My mother always taught me that the highways are built to take cars going 10 mph over the indicated speed limit. It is this "true" speed limit that I adhere to, and what the police adhere to as well. Have you ever noticed that you NEVER get pulled over if you're only going 10 over or below? That's why - and if you are, take it to the judge and he'll call the cop an idiot for wasting his time, and you're free to go.

Keeping my speed preferences in mind, I do get rather angry at people who don't know how to drive at a reasonable pace. Driving the marked speed limit simply because it's dark outside, or is a cloudy day, or because you're a Virginian is unacceptable. Learn to drive! There's nobody else but you and me. For MILES! It will not kill you to drive faster, and if a deer decides at that moment to come out of the woods at you, sucks to be you, but you wouldn't have dodged going 50 anyway.

Going slow just makes you more liable to mistakes. "Speed focuses the mind," says Jeremy Clarkson, and I'm in full agreement.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm 15 and I've had my permit for the last 7 months and I have already developed my own driving style over that time.  

In short, I drive like a f****ing maniac, well not that bad I don't speed that often, but as that light is green I floor it, and If I'm making a right turn, and I need to be in the left lane I'll cut all the way over(I know its bad, but whatever.) Overall I'm guess I'm a pretty good driver,  I don't do anything too crazy, and I try to be courteous to other drivers on the road(a quality which many are lacking).  

Well I'm 15 and I've had my permit for the last 7 months and I have already developed my own driving style over that time.  

In short, I drive like a f****ing maniac, well not that bad I don't speed that often, but as that light is green I floor it, and If I'm making a right turn, and I need to be in the left lane I'll cut all the way over(I know its bad, but whatever.) Overall I'm guess I'm a pretty good driver,  I don't do anything too crazy, and I try to be courteous to other drivers on the road(a quality which many are lacking).  

These are the drivers I hate, I have mediocre reaction time, and those quick jolts have gotten me into VERY close situations where I've had to slam on my brakes to not hit someone - I hope you will drive more carefully in the future.

I am a very cautious driver, if only for the fact that I have nearly been in many accidents due to others who lack the ability to watch where they are going.

It used to be that I was lacking confidence in my driving ability and hated driving, especially on busy highways and such. However after many years of driving, especially driving across the country this last year on my own, has built up my confidence quite a lot. I know I'm a good driver, and I can handle many different situation. The only reason for that, though, is I keep an eye on everything going on around me while I'm driving. The ability to avoid getting in an accident doesn't matter if you don't see the accident coming first.

Driving like that, you are only going to be getting yourself in an accident sooner rather than later. Getting a quick start on a green light could have drastic results if that one guy in a hurry decides to ignore the red light. After all, it just barely turned red, what harm could it do? Lots of harm if you're light barely turned green and your already in halfway through the intersection.

Don't do stupid things you know are bad unless you enjoy putting your life, and other innocent peoples lives, at risk.

• Brohoof 1

In middle of nowhere- very fast unless there are other cars around, most often about 110 km/h, unless road is in bad condition (or there is snow or cold temperature). In towns/cities/anywhere where someone might out of nowhere get on the road - not faster than 60 km/h, I always try to be as careful as possible, I even turn volume down so that music won't distract me. Overall I try to be careful driver even if I don't always follow the rules and would lose my driving license already if police had caught every time I was driving too fast.

Just for laughs, this is not true

The way i drive is very simple. I speed like i'm being chased by the cops. I go crazy like a bee hive is loose inside the car. I ignore everything around me like i'm talking on the phone and not pay attention to anything like i'm texting. Overall, i am a huge threat on the road and i should be avoided in all scenarios.

My record is 89 crashes, 64 tickets, 21 cop chases, and over 100,000 dollars in property damage.

• 5 years later...

I don't, and that's probably for the best. I was no good in driver's ed. I was too nervous. I think I would have turned out to be one of those slow drivers that everyone hates.

I drive... with gusto

IMG_7716.gif

(this may or may not be real footage of me driving in my cool car on a normal day) 

I drive fast, very fast. I have a lead foot and I can’t deny it. It probably helps therefore that I drive a Smart car now, but given enough of a running start I can still get that little puppy up to a decent speed. Otherwise I drive okay, except for the constant occasional California Stops, fiddling with my CD player and checking my makeup in the rear-view mirror. All that just seems natural, like flipping the bird at all the people inexplicably honking their horns at me.  

I try to drive safe, following the rules of the road and the traffic laws, and such. However I live in a town of wreckless, wild, and drunk people behind the wheels. So around here you really need to be alert.

Also I love to mess with tailgaters. I'll deliberately slow down, pretend like I'm about to turn and then keep going, and brake-check if I'm feeling ballsy enough.

Hey, respect is earned, and if someone's gonna be a jerk to me, I'll be a jerk right back

• Brohoof 2

I'm a decent driver. I use turn signals most of the time, drive 10 over and actually look to make sure the lane is clear before passing another car. Wish Nissan Altimas had a rocket boost button for those busy interstate on-ramps  :sneer:

(edited)

When I did drive (in driver's ed classes), I always drove a little ways under the speed limit (sometimes as much as 15 under on a road with a 50 mph speed limit) and stopped a bit too soon before stop lights and stop signs. I'm a very anxious driver, and I guarantee I'd have ended up being the slow driver everyone hates. 

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I follow all the basic rules and try not to drive 10 over. While I favor my chances of getting out of a ticket due to knowing all the CHP and Sherrif deputies (I wash their cruisers), I don't want to put that theory to the test.

• Brohoof 1