Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Thread of Awesome

Octavia2

Anypony here ever heard of a book called the Book of Awesome? It's a book that lists the little random things in life that just make your day. It then launches into a descriptive explanation about why each little thing is "Awesome".

Here's a few examples from the book:

When the vending machine gives you two things instead of one.

Locking people out of the car and pretending to drive away.

And, my personal favorite: Waking up before the alarm and realizing you have lots of sleep time left.

What just makes your day? It doesn't have to be anything big, just share whatever little thing that cheers you up.

• Brohoof 1

And, my personal favorite: Waking up before the alarm and realizing you have lots of sleep time left.

This.This.

What just makes your day? It doesn't have to be anything big, just share whatever little thing that cheers you up.

Scaring my coworkers. I'm a silent bastard, and absolutely love creeping around and startling people when things are slow at work. Yesterday had a great example, when I snuck up and scared the heck out of one of my buddies that was trying to get the drop on me.

That Zen state you can reach while playing a SHMUP.

When you find ten bucks in the laundry.

Being woken up by kisses.

When you laugh so hard you start to laugh at how hard your laughing.

Random acts of kindness.

Approaching a red light on a two-lane divided highway with the left lane backed up with cars and the right lane open. As soon as you get closer in the right lane, the light turns green, allowing you to keep on the gas and blow by everyone in the left lane.

In my case it's more a state of extreme stress and anxiety as I wait for myself to fumble at the last second of a spell card boss fight. Might explain why I suck at all of them.

Agreed 200% on that one.

When all the traffic lights are green on my way to/from work.

When I order something and get a lagniappe. (extra)

When people compliment my pony stuff. (ok, only my aunt has done this but it still feels awesome)

I like Drinking! waking up before my whole household and sneaking away to go on the computer before anyone else.

Oh and tricking others into believing others are not people they know when they really do know them.

That makes my day!

Edited by Benofdoom

When I wake up and see that I only got 6 hours of sleep, yet I feel awake. I have such a terrible sleep schedule.

Oh, and drinking the household detergent.

Edited by Flaedr

Vicodin.

When I fall asleep on the couch and I wake up and have all my pets sleeping on top of me. It's a cuddle party!

When my Reese's cups have more than one paper cup on them.

Winning somebody from the McDonald's pieces at McDonald's.

When my mom comes up and surprises me with a Slurpee. Or my dad surprises me with ice cream.

Not that it happens all the time, but that feeling when I wake up at 5 AM or so and think to myself, "oh, okay, gotta start getting ready for school in an hour."

And then I realize it is a weekend/holiday/other day off.

Edited by Spider's Claw

• 2 months later...

I always get so happy when I've got a whole heap of shopping goods to lug from from the car into the house, and I manage to carry the whole lot all in one trip. Other awesome moments include putting on an item of clothing I haven't worn in a while, and finding money in one of the pockets, as well as paying for something, and conveniently having the exact right amount of change, so I don't have to split a note.

• Brohoof 1

I do this everyday. My alarm is really quiet because it's not for waking me up, it's for telling me when I need to get out of bed. 

I love this as well. I swear, I ascend to a higher plane of existence when I play Touhou or Ikaruga. 

I love drawing perfect hands in card games, especially Magic. 

I love finishing up some errands or something, running into one of my friends in Wal mart or something, and finding out neither of us need to be anywhere for a few hours, so we can hang out or see a movie or something. 

I love saying really awesome and witty things off the top of my head that make everyone laugh, or if it's on a forum, someone quotes me in their sig. 

I love waking up to find my dad made French Toast before anyone else was awake. I love French Toast :D

I love when I reach a boss for the first time in a game and totally kick it's ass on my first try. It's even better when it's a game like Persona or Castlevania, where knowing your enemy's weaknesses and attack patterns and stuff is a huge part of winning. 

When I accidentally none of the nutella, so I have an entire jar of nutella to put on my toast.

You wake up at 4am for work, it's raining and cold outside, you trip on the stairs down to the kitchen, open the fridge and ! You forgot that you had pizza last night for supper. Cold Pizza for Lunch at work.

All the lines at the supermarket are filled, and then a new register opens up and you're the first in line.

Warm socks fresh from the dryer.

You get a notification that ________ liked your post.

• Brohoof 1

Whenever someone texts me good morning :3

I used to have a friend who did this for me every morning... it was a nice thing to look forward to in the morning.

But then she took a boyfriend in the... well let's just say knee! :P

When you have your ipod on shuffle and you think 'I'm gonna put X song on next.' Then it comes on next.

Random acts of kindness.

I do the laughing one a lot. Especially if no one else was laughing to start with!

I tend to do the random acts of kindness which surprises people. Apparently I come across as some monster or something.

Sadly no one does random acts of kindness for me! :(

Hmm... gotta come up with my own now!

When my friend (different from the one mentioned from above, though she does have a boyfriend too, but she doesn't shut off all other people :P) sends me something MLP related. Glad to have 1 friend who understands.

When a friend notices you aren't feeling well.

You get a notification that ________ liked your post.

EDIT: Oh Ninja'd!

Or any proof that somepony read my post.

Also when somepony on the forums mention me... just bit of an ego boost hehe

When some one asks for a Dylan, I ignore them thinking they are referring to one of the other 6 Dylans at my school. But then they get my attention because they are really referring to me!

When I plan on playing alone on Xbox Live and some friend sends me a Party Invite just to chat so I can still do my own thing but have someone to talk to. I love doing that!

Finding something, no matter how useless, that I once thought disappeared out of existence.

When someone agrees with my various philosophies and theories no matter how strange and backward they may seem!

Edited by Colton Manestache

Approaching a red light on a two-lane divided highway with the left lane backed up with cars and the right lane open. As soon as you get closer in the right lane, the light turns green, allowing you to keep on the gas and blow by everyone in the left lane.

THIS, love to do that every chance I get.

Umm, generally back when I was in HS, waking up and realizing it was the weekend was one of the best things that happened to me xD