Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Paintball/Airsoft

Алексей

Through my expert usage of the forums search, I discovered one or two threads have been made in the past, although, they appear to be fairly dead, :c. So, I decided to make one.

So, MLP Forums, do you play paintball and/or airsoft? Do you play often? How long have you played? Where do you play? Do you enjoy it/them? Do you prefer one or the other? Why? What is your load-out? etc. etc.

I, for one, love to play paintball, and I do almost every weekend. It's one of the only things that makes living in SoCal bearable; we have one of the biggest paintball scenes in the country, and there are a few good, well-known fields that are less than 30 minutes from where I live.

Why not just revive one thread or the other?

Anyway, I play Paintball maybe once or twice a year, not nearly as much as I want to. But I suck at it anyway.

Anyway, I play Paintball maybe once or twice a year, not nearly as much as I want to. But I suck at it anyway.

I find that necro'ing threads is usually frowned upon on forums. That and, the threads didn't really include too much to discuss about. First thread was really just "I play paintball!", "Me, too!" and a thread about whether people prefer airsoft versus paintball.
  • Brohoof 2

When I first joined, I was under the impression that dead threads were supposed to remain dead. I can see his reasoning.

OT: Never been paintballing or airsofting, but I have had offers to go and I would like to play. Although, I get REALLY aggressive with team games...my parents say that is why I can't play basketball: someone would fault me on the court and I would punch them in the face. 

I did this thing for a while where about 90 of us would go into a big, closed off forest and have a BB gun war, but it was really painful and even when you begged for it, you would receive no mercy. A BB to my eye socket from a guy who cornered me and I knew it was time to call it quits.

• Brohoof 2

I find that necro'ing threads is usually frowned upon on forums.

When I first joined, I was under the impression that dead threads were supposed to remain dead. I can see his reasoning.

On other forums I've been on, it's been looked down on as well. However, I'm pretty sure it's okay on this forum as long as you contribute to the topic.

I did this thing for a while where about 90 of us would go into a big, closed off forest and have a BB gun war, but it was really painful and even when you begged for it, you would receive no mercy. A BB to my eye socket from a guy who cornered me and I knew it was time to call it quits.

Holy shit, man. BB's? Damn, that must have hurt. Were you wearing armor/padding? I'm pretty sure BB's can pierce skin if the shooter's close enough. You got shot in the eye? Are you alright?

• Brohoof 2

OT: Never been paintballing or airsofting, but I have had offers to go and I would like to play. Although, I get REALLY aggressive with team games...my parents say that is why I can't play basketball: someone would fault me on the court and I would punch them in the face.

I'd definitely suggest trying it out. And, if you get irked 'cause of being shot, instead of punching someone, you can just shoot back! Although, staying in the game and shooting someone after already being eliminated is usually frowned upon. Anyway, it is a fun, physical, and team-building sport. Nothing that brings people together more than being shot at, right?

On other forums I've been on, it's been looked down on as well. However, I'm pretty sure it's okay on this forum as long as you contribute to the topic.

Either way, I didn't have much to contribute, and don't like necro'ing threads.

A BB to my eye socket from a guy who cornered me and I knew it was time to call it quits.

Eye protection, mate...

Paintball probably cost a lot,and both are hard to find people to play with.If there's one thing I learned is that to never buy the plastic airsoft guns.they break easily.I used to have 5 airsoft guns.Now they're all broken.It's best to get the metal ones if you decide to play with others.

Paintball probably cost a lot,and both are hard to find people to play with.If there's one thing I learned is that to never buy the plastic airsoft guns.they break easily.I used to have 5 airsoft guns.Now they're all broken.It's best to get the metal ones if you decide to play with others.

Paintball indeed costs an absolute fortune to play. Although, fortunately, here in SoCal at SC Village there is a membership system, so, entry fee and air for walk-on play isn't much of an issue. Even without that, though, paint is still very, very expensive, and those are just the everyday expenses with paintball. Not even mentioning kit.

I've heard airsoft is inexpensive to play, but, I am not too in it for the military simulation aspect, which airsoft seems to be wholly about.

And, yeah, an airsoft gun from the dollar store probably isn't going to be the best performance-wise nor durability-wise...

• Brohoof 1

My friend is unhealthily obsessed with paintball, so I often tag along with him and he pays for my rentals.  Luckily, I get to use one of his awesome pro-grade guns.  I like to play inside, mainly because there's plenty of places to hide in rooms without being flanked.  Toronto, being open wheatfield, isn't a paintball mecca, but living in the big city helps - there's over five places less than an hour from my house.  I'm very unskilled - only shot one person, in an all-renters party, and tend to cower in a corner all game until I get shot.  One day, one day, I might buy a cheap gun, because it seems like a fun sport.

• Brohoof 1

Holy shit, man. BB's? Damn, that must have hurt. Were you wearing armor/padding? I'm pretty sure BB's can pierce skin if the shooter's close enough. You got shot in the eye? Are you alright?

Yeah, i'm fine. I didn't have eye protection, and it nearly pierced the skin just below my eyeball. Fortunately, it was a only a peashooter pistol, and not the scoped weapon he had slung over his back.

I'd definitely suggest trying it out. And, if you get irked 'cause of being shot, instead of punching someone, you can just shoot back! Although, staying in the game and shooting someone after already being eliminated is usually frowned upon. Anyway, it is a fun, physical, and team-building sport. Nothing that brings people together more than being shot at, right?

Either way, I didn't have much to contribute, and don't like necro'ing threads.

Eye protection, mate...

This. I actually said to myself the morning before "Pah! Who's crap enough to get shot in the eye."

"Why does life have to be so ironic!?"

I'd love to try airsoft or paintball, but honestly what I'm really saving my money up for is 3 gun competition. Real guns, real ammo... course I'm dirt poor and its going to be a long time before I can afford a firearm. Especially in the current 'firearmaggedon' atmosphere where political talk alone has doubled the price of an AR-15. >_>

Edited by Two-of-Hearts

My friend is unhealthily obsessed with paintball, so I often tag along with him and he pays for my rentals.  Luckily, I get to use one of his awesome pro-grade guns.  I like to play inside, mainly because there's plenty of places to hide in rooms without being flanked.  Toronto, being open wheatfield, isn't a paintball mecca, but living in the big city helps - there's over five places less than an hour from my house.  I'm very unskilled - only shot one person, in an all-renters party, and tend to cower in a corner all game until I get shot.  One day, one day, I might buy a cheap gun, because it seems like a fun sport.

I hope you do, mate. Paintball is a very fun, albeit expensive, sport to play. Although, if you were to want to play on a somewhat regular basis(or at all, really), the first thing you should invest into is a mask. The mask is the absolute most important part of anyone's paintball gear. Don't be that one guy who posted above that got shot in the eye :I.

I've only done a bit of paintball, but I do have my own gun and stuff. Walmart Special + 20 buck face mask and like a gazillion dollars worth of ammo. Who needs accuracy when you can kamikaze into the battle, shoot hundreds of paintballs into every single member of the enemy team and get back to cover before they can land a shot :3

I've never been air-softing, but there is a paintball/airsoft place nearby and i've paintballed there a few times, my friends are really into airsoft so im thinking about joining them a few times and buying myself an airsoft gun, they're much cheaper than paintball ones (for ones that replicate real firearms that is)

I've never been air-softing, but there is a paintball/airsoft place nearby and i've paintballed there a few times, my friends are really into airsoft so im thinking about joining them a few times and buying myself an airsoft gun, they're much cheaper than paintball ones (for ones that replicate real firearms that is)

If I were you, I'd probably go into airsoft. At least, to give it a try.

I'm guessing you're more in it for the military simulation feel. And, while I prefer to play paintball myself, I personally think that airsoft would be better for that kind of thing. Plus, airsoft in general is much, much cheaper than paintball. For 5000 airsoft BB's, you might be down 10-20 USD depending on what you get. For me, since I use mid-level paint since it is decent and fairly cheap, 2000 paintballs are going to run me about 35-40 USD, and, that is with a discount I have at my local paintball store. And, I've never seen an airsoft gun priced above 400-500 USD, while, paintball markers go up to 2000 USD.

But, that is coming from a guy who has never played airsoft in his life, so...

I play paintball at my local centre in Cosford. But it's not often. I used to own a paintball gun but money was tight so I had to sell it, thankfully to a mate that let's me borrow it in games.

I've not tried air soft though.