Banner by ~ The Wife of Levi

Jackets and sweatshirts - Am I the only one who thinks this is annoying?

Thundershock

jacket and sweatshirt  

31 users have voted

1. 1. does this annoy you?

I actually don't give two shits about people calling a sweatshirt a jacket. xD

I do it all of the time and when other people do it it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by ~Edd~

I get them confused all the time myself, so I really can't get mad at whether or not someone calls it a jacket or a sweatshirt.

I just use whichever one is on my mind first. Which normally is the right one, but sometimes it ends up being wrong, I don't really care to much as I'm sure others probably do it to.

I really don't care, I have much more important things to worry about. I've got things to do, places to be.

If you want to call a sweatshirt a jacket, that's fine. Do what you want, I don't care. I've got other things to attend to.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 2

It doesn't bother me because a jacket is something that keeps you warm, same as a sweatshirt, so in that regard they are basically the same thing.

Edited by Kyoshi

Badges

Ehh, I don't mind too much, I prefer sweatshirt though. But that's just my opinion.

It doesn't bother me because a jacket is something that keeps you warm, same as a sweatshirt, so in that regard they are basically the same thing.

With this logic you're pretty much calling a blanket a jacket then...

• Brohoof 1

No, because I've never heard someone do that. I've always just heard them called "hoodies", to me a jacket is a light coat, like a windbreak or a leather jacket.  

I can see where it would be annoying though, kinda like those people that just call everything Atari made "A Atari" like they only made on system,.

Edited by Shoboni

I don't actually think that I've ever heard someone call a sweatshirt a jacket...  However, just thinking about it is somewhat annoying.  I'd probably be somewhat compelled to correct the person, even though they really aren't wrong.

• 9 months later...

I for one could careless, its like ok fine call it what you want to call it... as long as you don't buck up the names of the characters from MLP... all whatever you want whatever... call a car a cat for all I care...

It doesn't really bother me when people call them the wrong name as long as they understand what the difference is. I kind of have an obsession with jackets and sweatshirts so I very much know the difference and don't usually get them confused.

However, it doesn't ever bother me if someone else gets them mixed up. There are more important things in life.