Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord's Redemption - Good or Bad?

Kitty Cat Moonshire

He wasn't ever evil in the first place. He just wanted to bring about chaos and have some fun. However, eventually he learned how to play nice, that's all. I don't really care whether or not he goes back to the way he was. Either way, he's still an interesting character.

• Brohoof 10

I wanted him to come back evil and I was initially unsatisfied with his redemption in Keep Calm and Flutter On but after thinking about it some more I'm actually completely fine with it. Also if he were evil then it would be unlikely that he would return more than once, but as a more neutral character he could probably make 1-2 appearances a season. And that is something I like. Discord is an amazing character, not just an amazing villain. I don't think a return to being evil is very likely for him.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

If you mean to go back to what he was in Return of Harmony then no. If for no other reason that I see it as undoing character progress. I see him being much more like Q now. Hes not evil and has good things to offer but will do it in a mischievous way. I can see an episode where he creats a massive problem for them to solve. If they turn him completely evil and can do it well then fine.

Yeah, I like him good! I just wonder whether he should be bad again. Discord is my favourite Antagonist (Even thought he isn't one now, still love him!) But you know the rumours that he is Starswirl? Do you think he'll tell Fluttershy that he is? I would LOVE of him. But I like him good.  :D

I think that they did a pretty good job of changing him for good, so if they changed him back for evil they'd have to make something really bad happen to him or I wouldn't buy it.  Maybe he could pretend to be evil in a play or something, that could be fun.

• Brohoof 1

No. If Discord was evil (again), then he'd be doomed to the same repetitive cycle of break out of stone --> cause havoc --> get restoned. As a non-antagonist he has potential to expand as a character.

• Brohoof 3

I don't want him to return to his stony lonesome.  (get it it's a prison and he's made of stone.  It's funny right guys... guys... ok...)  It wouldn't do any good for his character.  I'd like to see more of discord and maybe some more history behind him.

Evil again???

I'm confused, that would imply that he was evil to begin with.   Discord didn't go out of his way to make things bad for every pony,  he went out of his way to make them different. 

• Brohoof 2

As others have said, he wasn't technically evil to begin with. He just enjoyed causing mischief and chaos.

I never had a problem with his reformation, so I don't really want him to change back. There is some great potential for character progression if he stays "good" :)  

Personally, I think it would make a really cool episode if Discord would regress back to causing chaos in Equestria again. I mean, something else terrible is bound to happen right? Or else, there would really be no new episodes where the mane six has to go and save everything again.

I liked Discord in the first episode not because he was plain mean but because he was michevious and random. We saw some of that in "Keep Calm and Flutter On" but not as much as in the original episodes.

I do not hope to see him evil again but I think we could see some of the traits he displayed when he was "evil" for the good of Equestria. The way he can manipulate almost anything and turn it into something completely wacky could end up being used for good, and it would be awesome to see it use those against, for exemple, the changelings.

• Brohoof 1

See DisCord come to the

aid of the land and such would

be interesting if he had a good

foe to fight in truth.   I mean DisCord saving

the world with out the EoH would be

a good show...

also more discord....

is good

• Brohoof 1

While I do love the evil and sinister Discord, I personally prefer the more childishly sinister Discord like is KCAFO. He just seemed so much like a huge nuisance and I found it hilarious. Technically he was still 'evil' until the end, but I did not get that vibe. If they can just keep that attitude, then I prefer him this way.

• Brohoof 1

If Discord is so called "evil", we might not se him so often in the future. I really hoping now that he is nice that we will se him more often in future episodes. He will probably cause a bit of chaos even if he is nicer than before. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, not really. I'm glad he's been reformed. He can still have the character we all love and be good, can't he? He might even be able to help the Mane Six, if they ever need to fight the Changelings again.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, not really. I'm glad he's been reformed. He can still have the character we all love and be good, can't he? He might even be able to help the Mane Six, if they ever need to fight the Changelings again.

It would be epic to see Discord help them out in a battle against a evil foe or something like that. Just the thought about it makes me want the season 4 come out right now.

Discord is one of those characters who should decide for himself what he should do. By far one of the best "villais" I have seen. Its good to see that he has made some friends which is good for everyone to have. I suppose him beening good is cool as long as he can still have fun with chaos etc.

Yes. Yes I do. But well it can't be "fixed" now when the episode has been shown. I didn't like the idea of him turning just because he and Fluttershy became "friends". I wanted him to be this lying and evil character but no... It can't be fixed now, he's already shown that he has something good in him.. Which I don't like.

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

I agree with Jokuc. I would wish for him to be evil once again, but it wouldn't be the same with the episode... It's something like with Twilicorn. Even if she becomes a unicorn again, i will still know, she was an Alicorn, and that she was considered "Royalty" (What the Buck! Twilight is no royalty!), it wouldn't be the same again...

• Brohoof 1

i don't want discord to come back as a villain. however i do want to see him come back. even if he is just like a background character i would like to see him again. i would love to see him help the main six (in a chaotic sort of way) against a new villain but even if he is just seen talking with Celestia or something like that i would be happy.

Hmm.

Well, there are two sides to this argument.

• Discord turns back evil.

Well, I wouldn't be rabid about it, but it could make room for some new storylines. There is the problem of repeating, though.

• Discord stays good.

I wouldn't be rabid about this either. but it puts up new challenges for the mane 6 and the princesses to handle. Then again, Discord MAY (Key word much?) become duller than Chaotic Discord would like.

Overall, if you made me choose, I would let Discord stay good.

I said it on Youtube and I'll say it here.

Chaos, like Harmony, is a necessary part of the world. Too much of either can lead to disaster, so the ponies need a counterweight to avoid the world stagnating. Chaos can bring destruction, but it's also the source of creativity and innovation. They just needed Discord to channel his chaos in a non-destructive way like Pinkie Pie (Kinda). I don't see him as good or evil, just a guy who enjoys chaos.