Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Singing MLP show songs at inappropriate/Awkward times.

ColtofPersonality

So recently while I was unlocking doors at work I started to sing the smile song. It started out as a hum but turned out into me singing..I get to the side door and the hobo who usually goes through the recycling bin smiles then asks me. " How come you want me to smile and whose Pinkie Pie? " I laugh nervously and tell him " Smiling is always good." and kinda walked away as fast as I possibly could my face as red as tomatoe. Has anybody else done this?

• Brohoof 5

You made him smile, that's great!

I frequently whistle tunes from the show. The guy I work with occasionally gives me strange looks probably because of the enthusiasm with which I whistle them.

Slightly related: the same guy (lets call him Ryan) and I were on a conference call with our manager in Ottawa the other week. Because we had been in the field for a few weeks, 'Ryan' was telling our manager about all the time he wants to take off. "I want at least two weekends in town to spend with my family," he said and our manager agreed to that. So I piped up and said "And I want a pony!" 

"Yeah, a MY LITTLE PONY!" 'Ryan' exclaims -- we had seen an advert on TV the week before, 'Ryan's' only exposure to the current show as far as I know.

"Damn straight!" I replied. We all had a good laugh though I suspect my manager knew I was being (at least a little) serious. He said he'd get 'right on it' anyway. My manager is a pretty awesome guy (and so is 'Ryan' though he's a little 'old fashioned' shall we say)

Edited by decoherence
  • Brohoof 2

Slightly off topic. Years ago I was caught singing the "Sailor Moon" Americanized theme. I didn't realize I was doing it until this guy fixing a freezer unit (I worked in a grocery store then) started singing along. To make a long story short...

I ended up marrying him!

(not right then. Several years later!)

In conclusion, I'd have to say that singing songs from a cartoon in public is a very good thing!

• Brohoof 5

Silly people, singing My Little Pony songs in public could never be inappropriate nor awkward.

The definition of what is "Normal" is completely subjective.

You're completely normal; it's those people staring at you that are weird. ^^

I don't know, their are some situations where it is indeed inappropriate. For example, singing "smile smile smile" while giving a patient a prostate exam... That could indeed be a bit inappropriate, if not hilarious 

• Brohoof 4

Haha, your story amuses me. Nothing wrong with smiling, or better yet, singing a song about it :)

I always sing when no ones around; i was singing Thisday aria as i wsas walking, and my friend catches up with me, hears me and asks if I'm gay. I cant blame him XD

I most often sing the fan songs though, ESPECIALLY the Moon Rises; that song is soo damn fun to sing.

I don't know, their are some situations where it is indeed inappropriate. For example, singing "smile smile smile" while giving a patient a prostate exam... That could indeed be a bit inappropriate, if not hilarious 

I disagree, it is indeed appropriate in that situation.

Singing Smile Smile Smile during the exam will make the patient laugh, and will help mellow them out. This makes giving the prostate exam much easier for both the doctor and the patient. Efficient! :)

• Brohoof 3

Not really "sang" the song per se, but I hummed to Babs Seed while I washed the dishes. And my mom was like "what are you humming?" and I kinda didn't want to say anything till she begged me to tell her. So I did. She gave me a weird look on her face and walked away. lol

Overall, that's pretty much it. xD

Occasionally I'll find myself singing either Gypsy Bard or the Smile Song. The writers at of FIM make really catchy songs, and so do the fans.

I was driving downtown and had my window down. The streets were littered with cars and pedestrians and i was bored. I then decided to sing BBBFF very loud unaware i had my window down. I started singing and jumping up and down in my seat like a dork. a plethora of college girls and a couple guys were looking right at me taking pictures. I then noticed my window was down and immediately peeled the buck out of there. I was still singing and dancing, i just wanted to look cool while they were laughing and taking pictures.

• Brohoof 1

I ended up softly singing "Babs Seed" in front of:

* My best friend

(Started singing along with me :D )

* My crush

(Proceeded to throw a WTF face at me, I stopped. )