NavelColt

155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The songs sounded amazing, and it was really the only way they could tell a story like that in such a short amount of time.  Still, I really only heard the songs, because the lag was just awful at Hax Mega's stream, at least for me!!!  Somepony post a YouTube version of the episode as soon as it's uploaded, please!!!  :(

This was a good episode. We knew it was going to happen, I thought it was handled well. Not crazy about Twilight's dress, but she probably won't wear it all the time. I liked how Pinkie kept things real with her spittake, and how the town depended on her to really make things right again.

I thought the cutie mark thing was a little rushed, but it's not surpising with what had to be fit into 22 minutes.

Also...I LOVED the ad for the show. "Stay Pony, my friends." You got it Twilight :)

I don't know if I can wait for S4 :blink:

• Brohoof 1

NOOOO!! TWILIGHT NOOOO!!!! I don't agree with this AT ALL!!! The next season won't even be about the rest of the cast or FRIENDSHIP!!! Its just gonna be about HER....HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.....She'll be the center of attention. Twiilot Sprinkle is ded.

Other than that it was pretty good. I lliked some of the Songs and it was fun the way through. The Stay Pony Ad was a total shout-out to bronies. But I just HATED that TRANSFORMATION!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Edited by DerpyPie
  • Brohoof 1

The episode was very rushed, that's undeniable. However I think with the limitations that the writers had, they really pulled it off as best as they could. And it was a really good job. This is by far one of the most emotional and epic episodes of MLP I've ever watched. I genuinely teared up and some points (especially the scene with flashback of everything that ever happened since S1). With a little more time (even half an ep more) they could have handled TS's shock at becoming at alicorn and her friend's reactions much better IMHO. TBH, they could've done away with the Equestrian Games episode and instead used this to build up on the CM swap story, which had a lot of potential. But what's done is done.

The only thing I felt that was not right was that she knew how to use her wings immediately, which was kind of a bummer, cuz that's one potential episode idea out of the window.

Ah well, I don't know why. But I can't help but feel sincerely happy for TS that she has become an alicorn. While this probably derails hundreds of fanfics and headcanons, I can't wait to see what direction they take with the next 26 episodes in S4.

Needless to say, I'm here to stay in the fandom :)

Edited by akita-ken
  • Brohoof 7

Just to recap: Derpy WAS spotted.  All gonna be fine.

She was?  SHE WAS?!?!?!  Oh happy day, happy day indeed!!!!  Oh, I need to see this episode so bad, I need a YouTube version so bad!!!

• Brohoof 2

It was rushed, had to many songs in it, and they didn't spend enough time with the switched cutie mark thing. That in it's self would have made a great episode. I definitely think it should have been a two parter. I hope season 4 hold more promise and will get back to what made season 2 and 3 so great. Though I doubt it. all in all season 3 was exceptable, but season 4 really needs to bring the A game.

• Brohoof 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y_XRiJsCI

Well, Alicorn Twilight Sparkle happened...and it wasn't a dream. She was crowned the princess of...something?

Still a brony, but I have to say that at least to me the show ended today. It was a good run for sure. Season 4 is in the works, but it will never be the same.

This event can be likened to the original Transformers animated series, where after two awesome seasons the movie came out, which resulted in the unwanted death of Optimus Prime and the changing of leadership to Rodimus Prime. Yeah it was still Transformers the seasons after that but was never good as it was.

The episode itself was good today, but the ending is something that was unwanted and sad. They only made Twilight an alicorn in order to setup a new product line for 2013. Obviously this show is Hasbro's and not ours, but too bad they couldn't recognize the impact it would leave on the fanbase.

Well, you know I feel now. On to other things I guess.

This really doesn't need to be its' own thread, as a response to the episode, it's best served in the episode discussion thread itself.

• Brohoof 1

That wasn't too bad.  I was so worried, but things weren't terrible.  This might change everything, but I'm not sure.  I kinda hope that it doesn't.  

The episode itself was a little song heavy, but no biggee, the songs were pretty good.   But I kind of wish for more dialogue.  

Like somepony has previously mentioned, this episode seems to be the original ending.   Even though it's not, I can't help but feel that it would be a great way to end the show.   

I felt that was a great way to end this season. There were so many feels to be had throughout too (probably due to the large number of songs).

What I'm not looking forward to is the wait until season 4. I really want to know how Twilight becoming an Alicorn is going to affect the show.

Finally... I'm not crying, it's just liquid pride :D

• Brohoof 2

A bit squished but that one commercial and the songs absolutely made that episode for me, I love it so much, though the sudden "Alicorn" is still kind of weird, everything before that was a masterpiece.

Well, that was not how I expected it to play out, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I actually think that this episode was done quite well.  The overall moral in particular, I thought was pretty excellent.  My main complaint is that the episode felt really rushed.  They were trying to fit a lot into 22 minutes, and I'm not sure that that played out terribly well.  I also don't really see where the series can go from here, because this would have been an excellent series finale.  I suppose that we'll find out though...

I also have one nit-picky question: what exactly did Starswirl's spell do?  Did it send her to other dimension where she met Celestia (I find that unlikely, since Celestia was able to get there with no problem)?  Did it turn her into an alicorn (again, I find unlikely, because then she could just be turning everyone and everything into an alicorn)?  Did it just blow Twilight up (because apparently not even Starswirl could do something as insanely powerful as blowing something up...)?  I'm interested to see where this leads, even if I can't really see it leading to anything.  I'll definitely be around for S4.

• Brohoof 3

NOOOO!! TWILIGHT NOOOO!!!! I don't agree with this AT ALL!!! The next season won't even be about the rest of the cast or FRIENDSHIP!!! Its just gonna be about HER....HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.....She'll be the center of attention. Twiilot Sprinkle is ded.

No, it will be about the mane 6! It Tara Strong said, that Twilight will not leave her freinds ;)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/super-secret-awesome-leak-morgan.html

&nbsp;

I don't know guys...

todays episode ...I thought it was fantastic and...wow I actually cried a little, not too hard but I was like JKSAHFKLSDHL;ASDFA; TWILIGHT and wow

Okay whatevs the music was nice and the episode was NICE.

&nbsp;

What do you guys think?

&

Oh god yeah that episode was amazing. There has been several times I've gotten close to shedding a tear during this show. This is the first time that I actually did. One tear, but still lol.

Edited by Hawk

But what's next? The movie, season 4 or equestria girls? Hopefully the movie will be at the midpoint between s3 and s4, just to soften the wait!

Overall I am still not sure what to think of Twilight alicorn as they didn't focus on that in this episode anywhere near as much as I expected that particular aspect of it seemed almost like an afterthought did anybody else sort of get that feeling? I knew that even if this worked out that it would feel extremely abrupt and yes as I predicted it indeed does feel that way the episode was good and all even though it was a bit heavy handed with the songs. The episode was pretty good I will admit but since it didn't even mention anything about Twilight alicorn until the very end it is unfortunately a bit too soon to tell if this change is really going to work out making the wait for season 4 that much harder.I am a bit more at ease now that I am a tad more used to the concept but honestly I may have to watch this episode a few more times and will likely not fully support the idea of Twilight alicorn until we see more in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

-Title is a reference to The Beetles

-FUCKING FRIENDSHIP BITCHES!

-Vinyl Scratch and Derpy!

-The way they fixed their destinies was cool

-CELESTIA GOT A SONG! AND IT WAS EPIC

-Twilicorn wasn't that bad. She doesn't fly super fast and her magical ability seems about the same. She doesn't seem too OP.

-Liquid pride

-Cliffhanger. I WANT TO SEE MOAR!

9/10 Great episode, but needed to be longer.

Edited by Bloo47
  • Brohoof 4

I have to say, the musical feel to the episode really helped get me through knowing the ending. Though there are a few things I did notice though:

1. Elements of Harmony are very powerful

2. Celestia can enter the 4th Wall of sorts and watch episodes it appears.

3. The episode felt fast paced and a bit rushed by the thought we have another 2 episodes next season seems exciting.

4. The episode was played out like a Series Finale, they wrapped up all three seasons and ended it with a happy note where one assumes everything goes alright afterward. We may have kept the show going which possibly means they may continue making MLP FIM until its not profitable anymore to their image and pockets. Technically they could extend it with the CMC and/or Daring Do spinoff aswell.

5. Liquid Pride, sounds like something you buy on TV.

• Brohoof 2

Some more thoughts, a bit more refined this time.

I still think that this will be temporary. Why? Because this is labelled a "three parter." Now, without that news, I would be inclined to say it is permanent. But given that news, and the general pacing of this episode, I think this arc is heading somewhere else, either ending with unicorn Twi, or a third possibility we haven't seen yet.

The way it was presented (with the 3-parter news in mind), the coronation was more of a "setting up" than a conclusion. What that is setting up for? I don't know, we will see in Season 4.

I just hope that whatever happens she can stay in Ponyville, and I really hope she isn't immortal. I don't know if she could handle watching her friends and brother dying someday.

What was Starswirl trying to accomplish? Did the dude just want a set of wings really bad? Was he trying for immortality? Something else? OMG the questions!!

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 3

*dances around happily*

This episode was TOO AWESOME~!!icon_kirakira.gif

All those songs, CELESTIA SINGING OMGGG, straight-haired Pinkie Pie, and Twilight finally getting her WINGS!

Celestia, Luna, and even Cadance! OHMYGOOOOD ALICORNS! ALICORNS ERRYWHERE~!!!

It was like I died and went to heaven~!icon_kirakira.gif

I can't wait to re-watch this!