Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

What do you think?  

148 users have voted

1. 1. How did you feel about Season 3?

• My favorite season!
    • Not my favorite, but I still enjoyed it.
    • My least favorite, but it was good anyway.
    • I didn't like it.
    • I'm neutral towards it.
    • Other

Meh. It was okay. I understand it got cut down, but they got rid of the wrong episodes. Did we really need two episodes on Spike? I don't think so.

I disagree. even if Spike is in every episode, it only shows him doing what he does in every other episode. I liked that they gave an attempt at making Spike a round character, even if it was half-assed.

It's really hard for me to rank the seasons, so I just said that I liked it.  The reason for this is that each season was watched under very different circumstances.  In season 1, I was confused, and making excuses for why I was watching brightly-colored cartoon ponies that I had scoffed at since childhood.  In season 2, I feel like I had the most fun because I wasn't quite as confused and much more accepting that I was watching the show because I enjoyed it.  In season 3, I had finally accepted it completely, though this was also the first season where I was actually in the fandom (I joined this site the day after the premiere), so I became exposed to a lot more of the criticisms, which made me become more analytical about the show in general.  So basically, I definitely didn't hate it, yet I can't say that it was my favorite or least favorite either.

I don't really know how I can rank the seasons per say, It could've beat out the others if it was 26 episodes long maybe, but I do find the seasons to be pretty darn close in quality, theres alot of great episodes in each one really, regardless I just put liked it or whatever.

Main reason I have to not like it is its a shorter season, it was still great though.

Personally, it wasn't my thing. The story was 'okay'-ish, you could say, but brought together with the. Admittedly childishly interestingly drawn animation, it just wasn't. My kind of thing.

I didn't like season 3 because it had so few episodes and it was too rushed.

However I enjoyed season 3 because

It brought Discord and Trixie back

It involved Cadance and Shining Armor

It was the most eventful

So I rated it equal!

@@Shoboni,

We already happened to have a thread dedicated to sharing our feelings on Season 3, however the poll there was fairly limited. I have edited its title and poll to allow for a greater spectrum of opinions to be voted on, and I have merged your topic with the older one.  

As for me, it's probably my second favorite season. It had some episodes I didn't really enjoy, but overall it was very good.

I think this season was below seasons one through two. Since it had 13 episodes it was at a disadvantage though I will say the animation was stepped up entirely and it looked even better I'm season 3. Trading some quality for quantity was a bad deal as only half of the episodes were really exceptional and up to thier expectations. Everything else was pretty meh.

i really enjoyed the season i has (in my opinion) some good points but i would not class it as my favorite season, tho the amount of episodes was disappointing

@@MK15 Although your topic has been around for a while, I felt it best to merge it with this older thread regarding thoughts about Season 3 in general. Better late than never, you know... ;)

• 8 months later...

I wasn't annoyed by the short amout of episodes season 3 since I don't demand much unlike most of the fandom. So I liked it.

INB4 someone calls me a hasdrone

• 3 years later...

I have now watched season 3, less than a week after finishing season 2! I liked the season in general, though I would say it wasn't quite as brilliant as the first two. I guess having only 13 episodes played a part in that.

I'll go with the positives first. It was great to see some former one-off characters return, especially Discord but also Trixie. I also loved that the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Spike each got two episodes as lead characters. I have always enjoyed their episodes, as I feel they provide variety with their more comedic, light-hearted approach (though the CMC episodes dealt with more serious issues this time). My favorite episode was "Wonderbolts Academy". It had significant character development for Rainbow Dash, showing what she is ready to do for her friends. Her repeated "Oh my gosh!" and some funny Pinkie moments seal the deal. "Too Many Pinkie Pies", "Spike at Your Service", "Keep Calm and Flutter On" and "Just for Sidekicks" deserve honorable mentions.

As for the negatives, the season had my least favorite episode to date, "Apple Family Reunion". The episode wasn't particularly bad (the show at its worst has still been watchable to me), simply a non-event for me. The episode did introduce much of the Apple family and brought back Babs Seed, and had quite a nice song in it. However, I didn't find any of what I consider the three main aspects of the series (comedy, action and drama) represented particularly well there. "The Crystal Empire" was a decent two-parter, but didn't quite match the last two.

Overall, the season was quite good, and I'm hoping the series retains its high quality in the following seasons.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2