Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

What do you think?  

148 users have voted

1. 1. How did you feel about Season 3?

• My favorite season!
    • Not my favorite, but I still enjoyed it.
    • My least favorite, but it was good anyway.
    • I didn't like it.
    • I'm neutral towards it.
    • Other

(edited)

I really don't see why I shouldn't be, considering it seems like season 3 is the same general quality of the first 2 seasons, just slightly shorter. I'm sure season 3 probably would have been my favorite season if there were another 13 episodes of the same quality as the first 13. 

Let's see...

It had some of my favorite episodes of the entire show (Sleepless in Ponyville and Magic Duel are my two most favorite episodes PERIOD, and Just for Sidekicks is probably in my top 5 and MMC, Crystal Empire and Wonderbolt Academy I particularly love), one episode I hated (SAYS) and one that I thought was "meh" (Apple Family Reunion, not because the episode was bad, but nothing stood out to me as particularly "good" either). KCAFO really bothered me because of the ending, but all-in-all it was an excellent episode humor and animation wise. The rest of the episodes were excellent in their own ways. Compared to season 1 or 2, at least in my opinion, season 3 probably had a way lower "good episode to bad episode" ratio.

Also, this is the best Rainbow Dash season. She was awesome this season, and she rose all the way up to being one of my favorite ponies. However, since Rarity is my absolute favorite, I kind of have to take points off of season 3 just because they couldn't fit in an episode for her anywhere. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

I was satisfied.  Sleepless in Ponyville and Magical Mystery Cure are two of my favorite episodes of the series, and I liked Keep Calm and Flutter On and The Crystal Emprie a lot too.  I also don't think the season had a single flat out bad episode, though Spike at Your Service was close.

Comparing season 3 with season 1 & 2, than no I wasn't satisfied
Dispite the fact that season 3 was only half as long as the other two, it also felt like a lot of the episodes where rushed and sometimes didn't realy have a good story line.
I only found half of season 3 to be of good quality, wich I find is not enough to be even a decent season by the standerts of the other two season, since I only found one or two episodes of those 2 season together to be somewhat dissapointing.

I thought it was pretty good, and I quite enjoyed it. The opening episode of the season was awesome, despite King Sombra's lack of lines, and the finale was pretty cool, too. Magic Duel is one of my favourite episodes, alongside Sleepless in Ponyville. 

I still like Season Two better, though. sleep.png

I was quite satisfied overall with the third season, though my only real negative thought of it was that they squashed together Magical Mystery Cure into one episode (and even with that thought, it still tops as one of my favourite episode). MMC, Wonderbolts Academy, Keep Calm and Flutter on, and One Bad Seed are just a few of my favourite episodes. Not to mention this season also houses some of my more liked songs of the show: Babs Seed and True, True Friend just to name two.wink.png

Oh, I wasn't just satisfied... I loved the third season! It contained so many great episodes including my favourite episode of all time, One Bad Apple. Yes, there were couple of  hiccups but they didn't hurt the season as whole. First episodes were great, the ending was great and everything between was greart.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well for me I liked it

I didn't come into this season expecting too much because if my expectations arn't meet then in disappointed.

Anyways I enjoyed this season and can't wait for more

• 3 weeks later...

I thought season 3 was pretty good. It had some memorable episodes, nice character interaction, and a lot happened for a short season (alicorn twi, rainbow dash becoming scootaloo's big sister, etc.). I didn't like it as much as seasons 1 and 2, but I find the season 3 hate over the top.

The third season was alright, but I felt like they could have done more for each episode and some episodes felt like a waste. 

Sleepless in Ponyville and Games Ponies play felt like the most pointless episodes to me. We fail to learn anything new about Scootaloo. She still thinks about Rainbow Dash all the times and has no real life. If they don't use the Games Ponies Play in season 4 then that one is going to be really disappointing.

Spike was way out of character and should have not even had episodes.

Also I felt that side-characters from season 1 and 2 could have been used in some of the episodes.

I well say it was not a great season, but it did what it could to make a few good episodes. 

I was pretty satisfied myself, it was definitely an important season as a lot of stuff happened like the Crystal Empire, new villain, reformed Discord and Princess Twilight. Although it was nice to watch a bunch of new episodes after a couple months since season 2, even though the season was cut down xP The episodes were definitely amazing! The new characters they brought out and brought back were just what we needed c: especially Sleepless in Ponyville, it was probably my favorite episode yet. I can't wait to see what season four's going to bring us!

Did I like season 3? No.

Why?

*ahem*

1. 13 episodes: The whole point of this season was to get 65 episodes for syndication, and it really showed (which brings me to my second point).

2. Bad writing: Ugh. The Crystal Empire wasn't bad, although I will say it was far from a great episode. They aimed too high and ended up having to take out all the interesting bits, such as Sombra's backstory. Later on in the season, we have Just for Sidekicks, an episode which actually bored me to tears. As cute as Spike's antics may be, they aren't quite enough to entertain me for 20 minutes. Additionally, Spike at Your Service had a pretty weak setup with an even lamer ending. Spike kills a giant timberwolf with a rock? Come on, now... Furthermore, Magical Mystery Cure was so rushed and pathetic... GAH. I thought "Well, Twilight turns into a princess in this one! This is sure to be a great episode!" Nope, it was just "Oops, let's fix it. Okay, we fixed it. Oh cool, I'm a princess."

I pray to Celestia that season four's writers take greater time and care, because the amount of effort you use shows in the end.

i sure was. but no more or less so tham the other two seasons, i honestly think they're all equally good. i didnt much care for all the singing in the last episode though.

Meh, I dont think It was bad or anything, but firstly it was waaaaaaaay too short!! And I would still  choose    season 1 and 2 over season 3 anyday.img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

(edited)

I thought it was great. I my honest opinion, 90% of the hate comes from people who have...pure nostalgia of all things for the prior two seasons. As if those 2 didn't have weak episodes. Not to mention all of the really undeserved hate for Twilight becomign an Alicorn, because God forbid they actually get rid of the Staus Quo, right? I personally, saw this coming since like...episode 2. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The only episode I legitimately hated was Keep Calm and Flutter On. They sacrificed one of their best villains for a Fluttershy episode. I just couldn't deal.

Edited by Mzukiller

Yeah, call me a fanboy but I really don't dislike any episode of MLP, its just above other shows quality wise so much to me, and I love ponies so much that its hard to dislike an episode.

but yeah I liked S3, besides the fact it only had 13 episodes, so it did have a couple issues sometimes with pacing I guess.

I liked a good bit of the episodes, and of course I loved the music as I always do. I think Sleepless in ponyville was an awesome episode still, one of my favorites, To many Pinkie Pies was hilarious :P. AJ got her own episode in Applefamily Reunion, not to mention a song, I also think that the music was really good aswell, infact I think "I Have to Find a Way" or "True True Friend" are among my favorites. 

So call me a fanboy, but yes I still liked more or less the majority of S3. 

• Brohoof 1

Meh.  It was pretty good, it seems worse cause season 2 was epic.  I'm more worried about the direction of season 4.  I'd say it was the weakest season but it's hard to stand up against the last two.

I originally didn't enjoy Season 3. I decided to rewatch the episodes and I loved them. 

So, yes, I was satisfied with Season 3.

Here's how it goes for me:

1. Season 2

2. Season 3

3. Season 1

Yes. Absolutely.

While I am definitely aware of all the flaws found in Season 3, I cannot say that I disliked all of it. In fact, some of the episodes in S3 were a few of the best! I find there is a lot more 'good things' than 'bad things' during that season, so overall my vote would cast for "yes".

Now if this was a poll about the season finale that may be a different story...dry.png

• Brohoof 1