Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So...what now?

Totally Ducklett

Well, we'll just have to wait for season 4. Season 3 took forever. I have no idea how long it takes to make a 26 episode season, as I wasn't part of the fandom during the wait for season 2. For now, let's just be happy.

Fillies and Gentlecolts, welcome to Pony Drought 2013. Now begins the wait for Season 4, which was confirmed as far as I know. The fan base will sustain itself through its creative awesomeness like always.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y_XRiJsCI

Well, Alicorn Twilight Sparkle happened...and it wasn't a dream. She was crowned the princess of...something?

Still a brony, but I have to say that at least to me the show ended
today. It was a good run for sure. Season 4 is in the works, but it will
never be the same.

This event can be likened to the original Transformers animated
series, where after two awesome seasons the movie came out, which
resulted in the unwanted death of Optimus Prime and the changing of
leadership to Rodimus Prime. Yeah it was still Transformers the seasons
after that but was never good as it was.

The episode itself was good today, but the ending is something that
was unwanted and sad. They only made Twilight an alicorn in order to
setup a new product line for 2013. Obviously this show is Hasbro's and
not ours, but too bad they couldn't recognize the impact it would leave
on the fanbase.

Well, you know I feel now. On to other things I guess.

• Brohoof 2

What I hate about this is that Bronies say they just f*cked the show by doing this. Remember kids: There are still 26+ episodes left. They can forge some random way to change 'er back whenever they want to. If not, then they could forge a genuinely great show out of this.

We'll just have to keep watching to find out!

• Brohoof 1

What I hate about this is that Bronies say they just f*cked the show by doing this. Remember kids: There are still 26+ episodes left. They can forge some random way to change 'er back whenever they want to. If not, then they could forge a genuinely great show out of this.

We'll just have to keep watching to find out!

I hope you're right man. I really hope so. If they change her back episode one of next season, I will know they care and it's not all about selling toys.

Didn't somebody say that to him the season 3 finale as "like" a 3 parter. So now we have to wait until who knows when to see what happens next in the season 4 premiere.i'm assuming it's going to be in two parts like all the others were. 

Remember kids: There are still 26+ episodes left. They can forge some random way to change 'er back whenever they want to.

You make it sound like S4 is the last season. This hasn't even been a rumor, let alone confirmed :3

I suppose people can let something like the plot line of a show intended for the age of young kids drive them to leave the most active, friendliest fandom around. But, I recommend people get over complaints they have and save judgement for S4's premiere, which Meghan Mcarthy has stated will continue from this. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that we're the most active fandom on the internet. You may think you need new episodes to keep your interest, but you're just not appreciating the literal empire of fandom content and communities, enough :P This is my solid opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Now we wait :). Since Meghan McCarthy said that the first two episodes tie in strongly with this one I'm still holding onto a shred of hope for Unicorn Twilight in Season Four. Today's episode was beautiful but it actually made me dislike Alicorn Twilight more than ever. I suppose we'll see.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

Okay so this episode was good. It was really good. It leaves a lot of questions though, and we know that the first two episodes of S4 will be the next two parts of this episode...

(Source: Capture.JPG)

AND Check this out:

Links to Amazon; Alicorn Twilight DVD Scheduled to be released in April...

See the release date? April. APRIL! I don't know if this even has anything to do with Season Four or not. Just saying, April 30th is just kind of a random date. It probably doesn't really have to do with Season Four, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Edited by AustralianFries
  • Brohoof 1

I refuse to wait for the release of season 4! I'm taking my time machine into the future to watch the new season...now where did I put that key?

Take me with you! PLEASE!!! I can't stand the wait!!! CHECK YOUR POCKETS!!! FIND THAT KEY!!! Wait... do you really have a time machine? Are you screwing with me?

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to have faith that this isn't the ending of FiM as we know it (as in, I don't think S4 is going to be a bastardized mess or somethng). There's some implications in the finale that lead me to believe that this is either: 1) Just a fancy knighting-scenario, and she's still the same adorkable Twi + wings, or 2) This is setting up for an epic story that will conclude with the arc returning to the status quo we know and love.

Remember, we need to keep Meghan McCarthy's Tweet about this being a 3-parter in mind. With that in mind, as well as the pacing of it (if she were to be a princess forever, I think there'd be a lot more buildup. Not normal life > princess in a matter of 10 minutes. That's temporary pacing, right there), this seems more like a set-up rather than a conclusion.

And if at any time it is made obvious that Twilight would have to leave her friends, I know she will drop her princesshood right then and there if it means she can stay with them. I have faith in her.

Not to mention that someone mentioned before that Hasbro's lineup includes many more unicorn Twilight toys than alicorn Twilight toys.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 4

Take me with you! PLEASE!!! I can't stand the wait!!! CHECK YOUR POCKETS!!! FIND THAT KEY!!! Wait... do you really have a time machine? Are you screwing with me?

Yes I have a time machine! You think I'd make something like that up?! And sorry, there's only room for one. The worm whole is only so big you know.

Yes I have a time machine! You think I'd make something like that up?! And sorry, there's only room for one. The worm whole is only so big you know

Then i'll get spy to murder you and steal the key!!! MUHAHAHA! Wait... i don't know spy... and i don't want anyone dead... WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

• Brohoof 2

Now that i think about it the only way i would have enjoyed that episode more is if discord made an appearance at the Coronation. He wouldn't have even had to talk, just being there would be enough. He's probably busy sneaking in a bit of chaos here and there while everyone's distracted with the princess ceremony. 

Now that i think about it the only way i would have enjoyed that episode more is if discord made an appearance at the Coronation. He wouldn't have even had to talk, just being there would be enough. He's probably busy sneaking in a bit of chaos here and there while everyone's distracted with the princess ceremony. 

I know... they really wasted him the past two episodes! Discord is my favorite character! I miss him and his chaotic jokes! :( Come back...

The general feeling this episode gave me was mostly that this could have been the end of the series. It was meant to be originally, i think. Most if not everything could have been concluded. Twilights' lessons in the old way are over, what remains now is her picking up the proper ways and responsibilities of being an actual princess. Her saying that "is there a book about being a princess!?" was classic her and i'm glad they threw that in there and could be foreshadowing of whats coming. She honestly doesn't know. But she is also given carte blanche to do as she wishes.

But since the first two episodes of S4 supposedly tie in with this finale, there is so much that can happen right now. Thats really unpredictable. Hasbro has time to sell their new toyline, so would they object if at the "final" part Twilight goes back to being a unicorn because she finds out things she doesn't like about being a princess?

Anyway. I'm glad that this community is around, without it the popularity of it would have been far less. We are (partially, mostly) the reason a new season is coming, and for that i tip my hat to you all. We have again something to look forward to and what is going to happen we can fill in ourselves in the meantime. ;)

• Brohoof 1