Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So...what now?

Totally Ducklett

What happens now?  A number of things, probably.

It's inevitable that some parts of the fandom are not going to agree with the S3 finale, and will get hot-headed about it.  I expect to see many blog posts, twitter feeds, new threads, and maybe even new fanart popping up in relation to Twilicorn displeasure.  It's not anything new.  But I can also see this happening for the opposition too.  

I really hope this gap between S3 and S4 will spark another brony renaissance of creativeness, much like the other two previous pony droughts did.  Now that we don't have the show to look forward to every Saturday (at least not until S4 rolls around), it's up to us to keep the community fed with captivating fan work and original ideas.  Anything to keep our interests in tact, which I know is what's gonna happen.

I might be one of the few that do, but I believe we'll be ok.

• Brohoof 3

I know... they really wasted him the past two episodes! Discord is my favorite character! I miss him and his chaotic jokes! Come back...

I do have a feeling that he was partly responsible for all the chaos happening at Fluttershys cottage while Rainbow Dash was looking after things  :P

• Brohoof 1

I think nods were given to the fans in this episode: I missed Derpy but apparently, she appeared at the final parade.
Also, "everything will be alright." They could be addressing bronies with that message.

Mind you, that's merely speculations but no reason to say that the Writers don't care about fans. We'll just wait until season 4.

I know... they really wasted him the past two episodes! Discord is my favorite character! I miss him and his chaotic jokes!  :( Come back...

With what Meghan said about S3 finale being part 1 of a 3-parter and the fact that Celestia decided to release him for some reason, I guess he'll appear to help in the season opening.

Edited by ~Lawfully Chaotic Xidphel~
  • Brohoof 1

Just a small question... do we (bronies) make up most of the viewers of mlp fim? Or are we only a small portion?

I do have a feeling that he was partly responsible for all the chaos happening at Fluttershys cottage while Rainbow Dash was looking after things  :P

Yes... something was very fishy about that whole situation... the animals are herbavores, and i don't think they would naturally eat pony XD

• Brohoof 1

Silly ponies. You all seem to forget one thing: Hasbro wants to make money! Why permanently change Twilight and get rid of all of the unicorn Twilight toys in favor of Alicorn Twilight ones, when they can temporarily change her and get money from both?

Season 4 is on the way (it's been confirmed by practically everything and everyone related to the show by now) and it'll most likely air between September and November if the previous seasons are any indication (who knows, we may see more pony as early as July or August given they had less work last season), so everyone just hunker down and pony on until then.

I'm fairly confident Twilicorn is temporary, and if not, I'm sure the staff at Studio B can make it work. We just gotta have faith. After all, we all thought the finale for Season 3 would be bad, and so far it seems people love it!

• Brohoof 4

What now? We continue to enjoy the fandom. The first three seasons, the PMV, ponified trailers, remixes, fan fiction, and flash games won't be any less enjoyable because Twilight is an alicorn. The writer's won't forget how to write, Daniel Ingram won't forget how to compose. We just need to keep calm and flutter on, because Season four will be just as great as the first three.

The only thing that can kill the fandom is not Twilicorn, it's the pointless negativity of bronies who think they own the show.

• Brohoof 4

The Great Pony War of the Future will begin now!

Just, kiddin'. We'll see, I guess the fandom will continue to exist as it does now, because Hasbro has confirmed Season Four, a television movie and the spin-off.

Or, what about now... 65 episodes mare-a-thon!

Can't the show just end? If it ended the finale was great!!

But it isn't the end. A problem that faces many a cartoon today...they don't know when to stop. The wait will be long, hard, and full of hate and spite. Many bronies will leave. Several will stay ironically.

BUT WE MUST PERSEVERE.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't get to see today's episode yet, but being part of the fandom i already knew twilight was going to become an alicorn. Yes this does put me at an unrest for the future but like the previous statements there are 2 other parts to consider and they have to have a plan for S4. Whether they keep twilight an alicorn or not there will be many more episodes to come if we just keep it together, we are a giant part of their ratings and need us to keep launching them forward whether their main focus is toys or not.

Honestly i feel like the next season might take place a while after the events of the final

but that's just what i think other then that i don't know what would happen now

Like twilight has been busy with the duties and doesn't spend much time with her friends anymore then something happens that requires the elements but when she goes back to her friends they've changed 

Just a random thought most likely won't happen but

The world will plunge into eternal darkness, Equestria moves into a dark age, and as time moves on, the world becomes worse for their royalty. Celestia has to create new rules for the citizens and royalty of Canterlot and beyond, thus placing poor Twilight's alicorn status permanent. Twilight becomes depressed , more and more every coming day as she thinks about her friends. Spike eventually abandons Twilight as he quickly got bored as almost every single day consists of Twilight's depression and doing hoer and Celestia's orders. The other ponies of the former Mane 6 have to spend every single day hoping Twilight to come back.

Meanwhile, our very site gets attacked by 4channers (because believe me, they HATE Twilicorn) and rage-induced furries ("okee, show over for season, you brony get butthurt again" says typical brony-hating furry), the staff behind the server do not have any direct funding, so they have to work at their jobs overtime. It could be almost like 2012 all over again.

Well, I haven't watched the episode yet, but since season 3 just came to a close, and season 4 confirmed and on the way, I predict we wait. For a LONG time. I already know it's going to take forever to make season 4, and they're still funding for season 4, so they haven't even started yet. 

Yippee.

I have a strange yet sensible view on the Twilicorn thing. I liked the finale, it did what I think it was supposed to do. Introduce Princess Twilight and quickly wrap up season 3 in preparation for the much larger season 4 (Which is confirmed 26 episodes). 

With the Twilight thing, I actually hope that they DO NOT change her back. One of the biggest cliches in cartoon history is changing a main character in a somewhat substantial way, then changing them back in the same episode or something close. They do this to prevent any paradoxes with the way things are. Well, I think it would be fantastic if the writers could show that they can do something like this and not resort to that overused device. Hows about character advancement??? Just because she is now royalty doesn't mean that everything has to go crazy nor does it mean that she cannot live in Ponyville. Why couldn't she? She is a F*CKING PRINCESS so I would assume that she would have that choice. Come on! Make it happen Hasbro!

I know that many will disagree with me, but I see promise with this. I can see the potential with Princess Twilight and many different adventures with that. Remember, she doesn't exactly need to report her findings about friendship anymore, which she has done none of in season 3, so the doors are open for so many other things. Keep in mind that Luna and Celestia are still the rulers of Equestria.

I liked the finale and I look forward to season 4 so much. The ONLY thing that could disappoint me is if they fallow the cliche that I mentioned, but I would get over it eventually, I still hope that they keep Twilicorn. 

Seriously, where does the DOOOOOOM come from?????? 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 3

I will cross post the relevant thoughts I left on this in the official episode thread.  Episode threads quickly become ginormous and I know some of you haven't read this yet:

A lot of us, myself included, were expecting a curveball at the end of the story. This didn't happen. Instead, it looks like they stuck to the original series ending script. Some fans predicted a season ending cliffhanger. But this cartoon is aimed at a younger crowd than something like Transformers Prime. A cliffhanger would be seen as mean and unfair to the kiddies. Hasbro has already shown themselves to be very obstinate. They know the Bronies will be groaning and moaning the entire offseason about Twilight becoming what looks, for now, to be a permanent princess. But Hasbro also knows they are mature and patient enough to wait for the season four opener before bailing on MLP:FiM. And if any of you are crying and saying that things can't be fixed, take heart. The opening of Magical Mystery Cure shows that unexpected events can change a pony's destiny. This is good foreshadowing for what I think will be a kick ass season four premiere.

As others have already mentioned, this is essentially part 1 of a 3 parter.  I'm also glad to see that Meghan herself has confirmed this.  :)

I'm not walking away from the fandom...but this alicorn thing makes me mad...TS shouldn't be any more special tan the mane 6 and I will always stick to that so yeah I am not pleased at all

I will feel much better if S4 returns her to a unicorn. 

well we shall see

As far as now what...well I watch the old eps like always...including my recording of the original derpy reference :-)