Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

I hope season 4 doesn't end up like 3 did and have just about everyone know how it was going to end even before it started. Leaks are taking the fun out of watching the show when it airs, particularly in the canon episodes and it's becoming harder not to stumble upon them. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-1237028-4-AHyyVgH.jpg

I'm willing to bet that that image is legit, and if so, the only question is, what episode is it from? The most logical guess would be the opener, but it could be any one of them.

It's definitely from the S4 opener. Spike talks to Twilight about her wings and how she became impossible to live with, not only for him but also for possibly all of her friends, which is obviously a connection to the S3 finale, and by extension part of the S4 premiere. If this were in any other episode other than that, it wouldn't have discussed Twilight and her new wings, or have any other connection to Magical Mystery Cure. It's like how the episode, It's About Time, was a Twilight episode, but had almost nothing to do with the other S2 Twilight episodes, such as Lesson Zero and A Canterlot Wedding. Edited by Commander_PonyShep

It's definitely from the S4 opener. Spike talks to Twilight about her wings and how she became impossible to live with, not only for him but also for possibly all of her friends, which is obviously a connection to the S3 finale, and by extension part of the S4 premiere. If this were in any other episode other than that, it wouldn't have discussed Twilight and her new wings, or have any other connection to Magical Mystery Cure. It's like how the episode, It's About Time, was a Twilight episode, but had almost nothing to do with the other S2 Twilight episodes, such as Lesson Zero and A Canterlot Wedding.

Just because it mentions Twilight's wings doesn't mean it's the follow up to Magical Mystery Cure. As a character, Spike is not very confrontational, so he could feel "smothered" for entirely different reasons, and simply use the wings as a scapegoat as to why he really wants to leave Twilight.

I'm not denying it's from the opener, as the only other episode we have information on is "Rarity for Two", and even for that we only have the title, but it's still anyone's guess at this point/

Figured I'd toss you guys a bone and post some rumored Season 4 information: img-1218410-1-256213__safe_twilight-spar This is alledgedly a part of the storyboard for a Season 4 episode that was originally posted on the twitter page of one of the storyboard artists (alledgedly). From what I can see here, it would seem this is from the opener in which Twilight is dealing with her emotions after becoming a princess, and how some of her friends in Ponyville feel about the change. Also, episode 403 (Season 4, Episode 3) of Friendship is Magic is (alledgedly) going by the working title: Rarity for Two. Rarity fans rejoice, she's got the pole position episode after the opener (which will most likely be a two-parter).

Yup, that sure looks like something they'd put on FiM all right, matches the show's writng to a T.

I always thought there could be life on their moon maybe, it would be so awesome to me if they actually went there. :D

Um, assuming this is fact of course... :huh:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I have question for you all. Who thinks that the show could potentially have a season 5? I know that it's really too early to tell and my question is probably moot at this point, but I'd like to know how everyone else feels. My reason for thinking there would be more seasons is that Equestria girls will be coming out and since it is a companion show, I would find it kinda odd that they would stop the main show (Hasbro's bread winner) before ending the companion. I don't think even the core audience (little girls) would like that. So logically, for me I think it could mean more seasons. : )

I mean personally I'd like the show to end when each one of the mane 6 have their dreams made or at least a couple of more episodes exploring the mane 6 lives (slice of life stuff).

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry but I would like to see a source for this supposed storyboard and episode title before I believe anything. Especially when the storyboard looks far more like something from a .MOV movie than anything from the actual show.

I have question for you all. Who thinks that the show could potentially have a season 5? I know that it's really too early to tell and my question is probably moot at this point, but I'd like to know how everyone else feels. My reason for thinking their would be more seasons is that Equestria girls will be coming out and since it is a companion show, I would find it kinda odd that they would stop the main show (Hasbro's bread winner) before ending the companion. I don't think even the core audience (little girls) would like that. So logically, for me I think it could mean more seasons. : )

I mean personally I'd like the show to end when each one of the mane 6 have their dreams made or at least a couple of more episodes exploring the mane 6 lives (slice of life stuff).

Our little massive fandom has been the best thing that has ever happened for Hasbro. Transformers was it's only major IP, and it was starting to wane in popularity when they greenlit Friendship is Magic. Despite what some overzealous fans might claim, Hasbro loves the brony phenomenon, and as long as we keep watching, they'll keep renewing the show.

Season 1 had amazing ratings, better than anything else on the Hub at the time. Season 2 destroyed that record, and Season 3 dominated the record that Season 2 had set. Viewership is still on the rise, and I'd wager we may see at least another two seasons and perhaps another spin-off before popularity starts to wane.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Our little massive fandom has been the best thing that has ever happened for Hasbro. Transformers was it's only major IP, and it was starting to wane in popularity when they greenlit Friendship is Magic. Despite what some overzealous fans might claim, Hasbro loves the brony phenomenon, and as long as we keep watching, they'll keep renewing the show.

Season 1 had amazing ratings, better than anything else on the Hub at the time. Season 2 destroyed that record, and Season 3 dominated the record that Season 2 had set. Viewership is still on the rise, and I'd wager we may see at least another two seasons and perhaps another spin-off before popularity starts to wane.

Thanks, for your optimistic input. I'm glad another fan sees it the way I do. Also, your are so right of those overzealous fans, they just make me so depressed. I'm glad I joined mlp forums, finally some actual mature conversation. XD

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sorry but I would like to see a source for this supposed storyboard and episode title before I believe anything. Especially when the storyboard looks far more like something from a .MOV movie than anything from the actual show.

The storyboard image and episode title were posted on Tim Stuby's twitter page (@BaloneyBrony). The storyboard has since been deleted (?), but the episode title reveal is still on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/BaloneyBrony

The episode title is most likely a joke, but I did a quick search through Derpibooru and came across this:

227172__safe_twilight-sparkle_spike_spoi

Need anymore proof?

• Brohoof 3

The storyboard image and episode title were posted on Tim Stuby's twitter page (@BaloneyBrony). The storyboard has since been deleted (?), but the episode title reveal is still on his twitter:

The episode title is most likely a joke, but I did a quick search through Derpibooru and came across this:

Need anymore proof?

This is insufficient, especially since it doesn't make sense that an animator would leak stuff like this on his Twitter.

I'm calling fake until we see something more substantial.

Need anymore proof?

So for that whole time, the story-board image was from another episode, and that Princess Twilicorn will be permanent?

Hasbro and the writers just wrote themselves an early death warrant for keeping Twilight an alicorn. I don't trust them or what they said about Princess Twilicorn, and they're going to kill the show just to sell those fucking Princess Twilight dolls!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Which means it might be the intro, given before the theme song. Those -always- have shocker cliff-hangers to them, which makes sense that they'd have a scene where Spike is like 'yeahno, I'm leavin' this pop stand' sort of deal.

It could also be a insane imagine spot from somebody, if it's even legit. I don't see that fan-gag making into the show at this point considering how long it's not been used. 

Edit, misread it, that actually looks like it could be funny now that I read it right. 

Edited by Shoboni

So for that whole time, the story-board image was from another episode, and that Princess Twilicorn will be permanent?

Hasbro and the writers just wrote themselves an early death warrant for keeping Twilight an alicorn. I don't trust them or what they said about Princess Twilicorn, and they're going to kill the show just to sell those fucking Princess Twilight dolls!

No, the storyboard and the twitter picture are clearly from the same episode. We just don't know what that episode is about yet. It could just be about Spike, it may be about Princess Twilight, we just won't know until we have more information.

No need to condemn the writers based on lack of information.

• Brohoof 1

You need to just calm down, the 3rd season just ended and you're complaining about the fourth that hasn't even aired yet, and it's all you do on here. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is insufficient, especially since it doesn't make sense that an animator would leak stuff like this on his Twitter.

I'm calling fake until we see something more substantial.

And you're well within your right to do so.

Personally, I don't see why an animator wouldn't be allowed to leak such things, considering they don't reveal any major plot details (that we know of). It's just like the HUB revealing a still or clip from an episode the days before it airs.

Edited by Twinhead B

(edited)

And you're well within your right to do so.

Personally, I don't see why an animator wouldn't be allowed to leak such things, considering they don't reveal any major plot details (that we know of). It's just like the HUB revealing a still or clip from an episode the days before it airs.

:Like I said above, if it's real, my money is it being a imagine spot considering how over the top the picture of Spike in a rocket it, like the one Twilight has when she's worried what Celestia will do to Fluttershy for taking Philomina(I know I can't spell it). 

Edit, oops, read it wrong, that actually looks pretty funny now, I hope it's real. 

Edited by Shoboni

No, the storyboard and the twitter picture are clearly from the same episode. We just don't know what that episode is about yet. It could just be about Spike, it may be about Princess Twilight, we just won't know until we have more information.

No need to condemn the writers based on lack of information.

They're going to make an episode about Spike going to the moon, implying that Twilight will keep her wings when she shouldn't, as well as stay a million miles away from her friends as she runs Equestria. And no, don't say that the writers said otherwise, because to me, it's bullshit. They've killed the show with that mistake, disrupted the balance of "two of each species" in the Mane Six, and made Twilight look like the odd-duck around her friends, not just because of her wings, but also because of how fucking tall she is. I mean, she used to be the same size as her friends, and now she's taller, thus reinforcing her uber-dominance over her friends when there shouldn't be any at all.

They're going to make an episode about Spike going to the moon, implying that Twilight will keep her wings when she shouldn't, as well as stay a million miles away from her friends as she runs Equestria. And no, don't say that the writers said otherwise, because to me, it's bullshit. They've killed the show with that mistake, disrupted the balance of "two of each species" in the Mane Six, and made Twilight look like the odd-duck around her friends, not just because of her wings, but also because of how fucking tall she is. I mean, she used to be the same size as her friends, and now she's taller, thus reinforcing her uber-dominance over her friends when there shouldn't be any at all.

I cannot even count how much of what you said came out of nowhere with no evidence other than far-fetched speculation to back it up. 

The writers haven't said anything. Hell, these pictures I'm finding aren't even from the writers, they're from the animators. You need to calm down, because outside of a six panel storyboard that we're not even sure is legitimate, we haven't even seen 1/9th of a single episode of season 4.

You're overreacting.

1/9th of the show? We seemingly saw 1 page out of 45 of the storyboard. Plus that unfinished background. This is nothing and basing claims off of that is pretty much worth nothing.

They've killed the show with that mistake, disrupted the balance of "two of each species" in the Mane Six.

You wanna talk about species balance? Let's make them all into alicorns! This is going to reestablish balance between them, and they'll have a new set of alicorns toys to sell. Talk about a great idea!

(edited)

I have an episode idea for Season 4:

In order to try and establish a sense of Peaceful Coexistence between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom, Chrysalis' daughter, the young Princess Pupa is sent over as an exchange student/take a tour of Equestria. The gang expect the daughter to be a fierce, blood thirsty warrior, but when she arrives (accompanies by armed guard) she is revealed to be a tiny, bespectacled and all around adorably sweet Changeling (add in asthma and the frequent use of inhaler) who could rival Sweetie Belle in terms of giving a viewer diabetes by her sheer cuteness.

Of course, we have the usual shenanigans, with a written message/threat by Chrysalis to the Mane Six that if a single hair on Pupa's pig tailed mane is hurt, she'll personally bite their heads off one by one. However, some of the Mane Six decide they want to see if they can pump any secret information out of the filly (behind Celestia's back) by sending in the CMC to befriend her. They eventually get nothing and are surprised (despite Pupa's already innocent appearance and demeanor) that she knows little to nothing of her mother's dealings and plans - she doesn't even know about the Canterlot Invasion, which can lead to a classic Fawlty Towers, "Don't mention the war/invasion!" set of jokes.

A good twist in the plot is that the CMC and Pupa go missing, and remembering Chrysalis' warning, begin a desperate search for them.

Edited by Magic Man
  • Brohoof 2

1/9th of the show? We seemingly saw 1 page out of 45 of the storyboard. Plus that unfinished background. This is nothing and basing claims off of that is pretty much worth nothing.

My math was horribly off, so forgive that number. In truth, we haven't seen anything more than 1/45th of a storyboard for one episode of the show. The storyboard images (if we assume they're legitimate) don't even give us an idea of what the episode is about, it just tells us that at some point during the episode, Spike wants to go to the moon (and builds a rocket to do so).

The episode could be about something entirely different, and we won't know until it airs.

Or, it could be the real-deal, it's just that its own art-style is almost completely different from the show's, which we grew so accustomed to for the past three years. I'd rather believe it's the real deal than what you'd call a "joke strip". The reason is simply because I liked Twilight better as a normal unicorn and an equal to her friends, rather than as a vastly superior alicorn princess who happens to have the same love for studying magic as always.

I mean, it's one thing to take a small-time space-marine from the Mass Effect trilogy, and have him/her unite every alien species under his/her leadership, just so that they could defeat the Reapers together. That, I can accept. But, in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, it's another to take a young-adult mare who knows so little about politics, and strap her on a throne hoping that she would unite millions of ponies as opposed to just five and five alone like the old days.

First of all, you know what the word "might" means, don't you?

Also, you are going to have to get used to the fact that Twilight is a alicorn and a princess.

(edited)

I have an episode idea for Season 4:

In order to try and establish a sense of Peaceful Coexistence between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom, Chrysalis' daughter, the young Princess Pupa is sent over as an exchange student/take a tour of Equestria. The gang expect the daughter to be a fierce, blood thirsty warrior, but when she arrives (accompanies by armed guard) she is revealed to be a tiny, bespectacled and all around adorably sweet Changeling (add in asthma and the frequent use of inhaler) who could rival Sweetie Belle in terms of giving a viewer diabetes by her sheer cuteness.

Of course, we have the usual shenanigans, with a written message/threat by Chrysalis to the Mane Six that if a single hair on Pupa's pig tailed mane is hurt, she'll personally bite their heads off one by one. However, some of the Mane Six decide they want to see if they can pump any secret information out of the filly (behind Celestia's back) by sending in the CMC to befriend her. They eventually get nothing and are surprised (despite Pupa's already innocent appearance and demeanor) that she knows little to nothing of her mother's dealings and plans - she doesn't even know about the Canterlot Invasion, which can lead to a classic Fawlty Towers, "Don't mention the war/invasion!" set of jokes.

A good twist in the plot is that the CMC and Pupa go missing, and remembering Chrysalis' warning, begin a desperate search for them.

If this doesn't happen, please write a fanfiction. It sounds like a really interesting idea; definitely something I'd want to watch/read. ^_^

Edited by Derpular
  • Brohoof 1

If this doesn't happen, please write a fanfiction. It sounds like a really interesting idea; definitely something I'd want to watch/read. ^_^

Why write a fanfiction about this story? Why not animate it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to make a scene like this one. Of course this means we have to find a writer, VA and/or animator but I'm sure it could be done.