Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

(edited)

*Slaps self in the face* PonyShep? Being positive about this!? Dude, are you feeling OK? =P

Yeah, I can see things like that happening in the future, but I can't say I'd be interested in them. Perhaps the series will end with Twilight bringing peace to the world and becoming the true ruler of Equestria, but... erm... I don't think I'd want that. I want my cutesy slice-of-life please! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! (Actually, I'm tempted to watch through seasons 1 and 2 again)

New episode idea: Twilight falls down a well and injures her wings. Her friends work together to free her, but unfortunately, her wings are infected and have to be amputated. Cue credits! *MY LITTLE PONY!*

I have bipolar disorder, meaning that I am constantly fluctuating between positive and negative emotions.

Plus, I also need to realize that if I'm going to look at the bad side of things, I might as well be more realistic and look at the benefits, too.  I mean, after all, I am a big fan of Joe Campbell's Hero's Journey, where you take a normal person, send him off on a dangerous adventure of self-discovery, and hope that, by the end, he returns a powerful and influential leader.  I've played lots of JRPGs like Pokemon and Tales of Symphonia, simply because of that framework.  It's why The Lord of the Rings trilogy will always be my favorite movie franchise, simply because it has Aragorn go from ranger to king in a matter of three books.  I also enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age: Origins for that reason, because both are about taking simple people (Shepard and the Warden) and turning them into powerful and experienced leaders.

So why do I have problems with Princess Twilicorn?  I guess it has to do with the fact that it's a show for little girls, meaning that the actual target audience might not be able to comprehend something as complex as The Hero's Journey until they become older.  After all, The Hero's Journey delves into philosophy and the meaning of life just as much as most other topics like it, only it uses it in the framework of the normal person becoming the powerful leader.

But then again, those same little girls are probably playing Pokemon right now.  In that game, they're probably learning as much about friendship and leadership as they did with MLP: FiM, namely by raising their pokemon and caring for them like the pets that they are.  I mean, a good pokemon-trainer is the equivalent of Princess Twilicorn: Rather than control his pokemon like tools, he instead cares for them and their well-being, so that in-exchange they can become more motivated to work with him.

So I guess, really, if any time I have an urge to tantrum over Princess Twilicorn, I should at least learn to stop and think about how this compares to other uses of The Hero's Journey, like the Mass Effect trilogy, as well as how much I enjoy that basic storytelling framework.  Maybe if I continue to do this, I might be able to get over it, if not right now.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

All this fuss about mlp fim being cancelled just because season 3 was so short was worthless.

Season 4 is now comfirmed!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/26-episodes-in-season-4-confirmed.html

Furthermore I think this mlp fim is gonna go on for as long as spongebob - that's been going on for like 14 years now and its still going! The reason why is because it was so good! And mlp fim is amazing so that will go on for a long time as well!

The future of mlp looks bright!

Not to be rude however this is really old news. We've known (well most of us here on the MLP forums anyway) Season 4 is already going to come.

Edited by DarkEly
  • Brohoof 3

Not to be rude however this is really old news. We've known (well most of us here on the MLP forums anyway) have know Season 4 is already going to come.

sorry if i'm being a bit repetitive by sharing the same piece of news which others have done but it was just that it was kinda worrying me if it would be cancelled and plus i didn't know that most ponys knew that by now

Rarity season 4 episodes confirmed.

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE :D I am so excited for the new season and really hope that it's just as good as Seasons 1-3. I am hoping they bring back Trixie and have more CMC episodes and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon episodes.

PROOF THAT THERE WILL BE A SUNSET SHIMMER IN S4:

• How will you balance out Twilicorn with the other ponies? "You will find out." -Meghan

I bet they'll probably add another alicorn and Sunset Shimmer. That way there'll be two of each race.

The posts have been moved now, and MatrixChicken's response hidden as I've edited the link after a merge, but I feel I should leave a trail for everyone. This topic is not for what you want to see in season four, or what you think might happen in season 4, this is for spoiler info that is found from elsewhere regarding S4 and discussion of it. For predictions for season 4 and all related discussion, refer to this topic.

• Brohoof 3

No, the storyboard and the twitter picture are clearly from the same episode. We just don't know what that episode is about yet. It could just be about Spike, it may be about Princess Twilight, we just won't know until we have more information.

No need to condemn the writers based on lack of information.

That was what I actually meant. There might be an episode that has Spike go to the moon simply because of Twilight's wings, and that neither her wings nor princesshood, nor her friends' reactions to Princess Twilicorn, will fit into all of this.

And for that, I'm deeply outraged. I mean, us bronies are too soft compared to most other fanbases. Why can't we do what Hal's Emerald Attack Team and Retake Mass Effect did with their respective franchises, and protest against the change until the writers return Twilight into a unicorn?

Us bronies are too soft compared to most other fanbases. Why can't we do what Hal's Emerald Attack Team and Retake Mass Effect did with their respective franchises, and protest against the change until the writers return Twilight into a unicorn?

Are you serious??? :o That would be a pretty bad idea (in my opinion), as it would probably cause the writers to dislike us, and that's not what you want.

We should let the show (that is not meant for us, but for younger audiences, remember!) run it's course.

Also, I'm not even sure protesting would do anything.

Sorry if you were kidding and this is all a wasted post. :P

• Brohoof 1

Are you serious??? :o That would be a pretty bad idea (in my opinion), as it would probably cause the writers to dislike us, and that's not what you want.

We should let the show (that is not meant for us, but for younger audiences, remember!) run it's course.

Also, I'm not even sure protesting would do anything.

Sorry if you were kidding and this is all a wasted post. :P

Protesting was what got Hal Jordan absolved of all the crimes he committed as Parallax, and thus returned him as the true Green Lantern.  Protesting was what gave us good Sonic games, like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.  Protesting was what resurrected G1 Optimus Prime, and gave us a better ending to Mass Effect 3!

Therefore, protesting to change Twilight back into a unicorn should work, too!  Hell, I even formed a protest group on Facebook titled, "Dethrone Princess Twilicorn", which you can view here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dethrone-Princess-Twilicorn/174591576022383

Us bronies deserve better!  Rarity, too, because she once had a same-species counterpart just as Applejack had Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash had Fluttershy, long before the writers bastardized Twilight Sparkle, and taking away Rarity's same-species counterpart as a result!

• Brohoof 1

That was what I actually meant. There might be an episode that has Spike go to the moon simply because of Twilight's wings, and that neither her wings nor princesshood, nor her friends' reactions to Princess Twilicorn, will fit into all of this.

And for that, I'm deeply outraged. I mean, us bronies are too soft compared to most other fanbases. Why can't we do what Hal's Emerald Attack Team and Retake Mass Effect did with their respective franchises, and protest against the change until the writers return Twilight into a unicorn?

DHX doesn't owe us anything. Hasbro doesn't owe us anything. As a fandom, we don't deserve anything, and continuing to believe we do is only going to hurt the show and fandom more.

When we all first fell in love with the show during Season 1, absolutely none of it was targetted towards us. None of it was for us, it was for the show's target demographic. The writers have done enough in the ways of catering to bronies, and changing Twilight back (without some sort of reasonable cause) is exactly what we didn't want with Alicorn Twilight: change for the sake of change.

• Brohoof 2

DHX doesn't owe us anything. Hasbro doesn't owe us anything. As a fandom, we don't deserve anything, and continuing to believe we do is only going to hurt the show and fandom more.

When we all first fell in love with the show during Season 1, absolutely none of it was targetted towards us. None of it was for us, it was for the show's target demographic. The writers have done enough in the ways of catering to bronies, and changing Twilight back (without some sort of reasonable cause) is exactly what we didn't want with Alicorn Twilight: change for the sake of change.

That's what you think!

The reason why Sonic the Hedgehog was given good games like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations, was because the fans protested long and hard enough.  Sega knew that they were making awful Sonic games, and even went far as to remove any Sonic games that received scores below 75 off of store-shelves, just so that no one could ever dare to play those piles of crap.  Sega was listening because they actually owed the Sonic fans good Sonic games!

We should be the same way!  You may think the writers don't owe us, but I don't!  In reality, we do deserve better, and that the writers do owe us!  And if you continue to think otherwise, then I might as well just continue drilling those words into your head until they stick!

Besides, the majority of Season Three catered to us bronies.  We received Pinkie Pie clones.  We saw Rainbow Dash become a Wonderbolt.  We've got Trixie and Discord.  The writers should cater to us again, and change Twilight back into a unicorn!

• Brohoof 1

Sega was listening because they actually owed the Sonic fans good Sonic games!   We should be the same way!  You may think the writers don't owe us, but I don't!  In reality, we do deserve better, and that the writers do owe us!  And if you continue to think otherwise, then I might as well just continue drilling those words into your head until they stick!

Looks like somepony has a different opinion. :o

What you're talking about is different on so many levels. Games (or the horrible Sonic games you're talking about, to be specific) are meant for us. Their target demographic is us: 10+ kids. If their target demographic hates their games, it's obvious that they need to change what their doing. NOT because they owe us anything, but rather, because if they didn't, their sales would go down, down, down, and they would lose a whole ton of money.

MLP:FiM, however, is on a completely different level. The show is intended for (its target demorgraphic is) girls 3-10 or something around in there. Hasbro, DHX, and the writers did not intend for the show to have a mass adult following; it was simply meant to be a little girls' show -- a little girls' show that was GOOD.

They owe us nothing. Their target demographic has NO PROBLEM with Twilicorn, I'm sure.

And the thing you keep forgetting is: we know nothing about Twilicorn as of now. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is wrong. Just wait until you see the first 2 episodes of season 4. Then, you can hate on it and protest if you still want to.

Edited by MatrixChicken

That's what you think!

The reason why Sonic the Hedgehog was given good games like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations, was because the fans protested long and hard enough.  Sega knew that they were making awful Sonic games, and even went far as to remove any Sonic games that received scores below 75 off of store-shelves, just so that no one could ever dare to play those piles of crap.  Sega was listening because they actually owed the Sonic fans good Sonic games!

We should be the same way!  You may think the writers don't owe us, but I don't!  In reality, we do deserve better, and that the writers do owe us!  And if you continue to think otherwise, then I might as well just continue drilling those words into your head until they stick!

There's a pretty opaque and easily distinquishable line between making bad decisions as a company, and having an artistc vision.

SEGA made Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations because they knew that Sonic 06' and Sonic Unleashed were steaming piles of garbage. They didn't do it for the fans, they did to continue making money on an existing franchise than to have to start a new one. They don't owe Sonic fans anything, they simply recognized the fact that not even Sonic fans wanted to buy their games anymore.

Mass Effect 3's ending was an artistic choice. It was originally meant to convey that what happened to Shepard didn't matter, the whole thing was about saving the galaxy. Throughout the whole game you were fighting to save something bigger than you, and at the end (depending on whether or not you are successful in the game) you eventually do save the galaxy. If you notice, the Extended Cut didn't actually change any of the endings, it just gave each one clarification.

The Season 3 finale was an artistic vision, and unlike Mass Effect 3's ending, is going to be continued. Twilight's transformation is not the end of the Twilicorn story, it's the beginning, and it won't be done until the beginning of Season 4. Angry fans like yourself fail to see that, and so you guys are all going around shouting that Hasbro has betrayed you when they haven't even finished the Twilicorn story yet.

As for my opinion on it, I have none. If I were told that Magical Mystery Cure was a standalone episode, I would be inclined to say that it left a sour taste in my mouth, and Hasbro made a bad decision. However, it's been confirmed that is not the case, so I'm withholding my judgement on it until I see the whole story. I recommend you do the same.

But, feel free to keep trying to drill those words into our heads, your argument hasn't been convincing thus far, so I doubt my thoughts will be swayed by the time Season 4 airs.

TL;DR:

Hasbro doesn't owe us anything. Wait until Season 4 to judge Twilicorn. Calm down, you're overreacting.

• Brohoof 2

So now that Twilight is an alicorn and mentor to her peers, maybe they will be bringing in more characters; background ponies such as Lyra, Rose, Vinyl Scratch, POSSIBLY(?)/hopefully Derpy may have some issues needing to be resolved, and who else but Twilight and the rest of the mane 6 to help. At first i was pretty upset about Twilicorn, but i do have some faith and hope for the best. huh.png

Edited by Laurynn

Hey, I have an idea. Meghan said they were resolving the balance problem somehow. Does anyone think that The Element of Love may become canon? My thinking is that this was an element lost when Sombra curesed the Crystal Empire, and was refound at the episode "A Canterlot Weding".

Hey, I have an idea. Meghan said they were resolving the balance problem somehow. Does anyone think that The Element of Love may become canon? My thinking is that this was an element lost when Sombra curesed the Crystal Empire, and was refound at the episode "A Canterlot Weding".

Maybe love of friends or something along those lines. A show (where I live) rated Y7 isn't going to get away with dating/romance (depends on the type) unless it is very mild.

Maybe love of friends or something along those lines. A show (where I live) rated Y7 isn't going to get away with dating/romance (depends on the type) unless it is very mild.

Exactly. So far, the only villians not defeated by an Element of Harmony (both the pony and the relics) were defeated by Shining Armor and Cadence and The Crystal Heart. My guessing is that there will be a replica of The Crystal Heart that will spilt into two. Also, it's called The Elements of Harmony, not friendship, so it can also be the true love of Disney or something like that.

Erm, Hearts and Hooves Day? Forgive me, but Cheerilie and Big Macintosh nearly got married in a matter of 22 minutes, so while I'm sure we won't see anything explicit, I'd bet money that they could go (and already have gone) a wee bit further than holding hooves.

Anywho, I'm farily confident Season 4 will bring some closure to all the drama we've been through these past couple of weeks, we just need to give it time.

Howdy all!

Looks like S4 will premere this winter according to Entertainment Weekly (Via EQD) I was like huh.png Oh kay thats gonna be a long wait.

Oh well what can ya do?

Stay calm & relax biggrin.png

Urg... Being a new fan I got to quickly watch through season 1-2, waiting for only a few season 3 episodes. Now I have to wait to winter?

Chance of my survival: 0.1%

Someone better start making fan episodes soon... xD

Someone better start making fan episodes soon... xD

One does not simply make fan episodes.

It takes very long time to even make one episode.

But there actually is a fanmade episode coming at the end of march

• Brohoof 2