Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

This wait is going to be torture, I already want season 4 so much! I want to see all of the possibilities and I want to see more Twilicorn! (Unless they throw a cheap curveball >.>)

All of this hype from the writers isn't helping either. Sure it is from the writers, but I can't help it. I just cannot wait to see what they have in store. :)

I feel like the conflicts are gonna have to get bigger in season 4.  The main character can now use magic AND fly, and the princesses have Discord on thier side.  Twilight no longer gets nearly as worried when a conflict pops up, and in the finale she said she believes everything will be fine.  And she has the right to be so self confident.  If the problems don't get a bit bigger next season, I'll have a hard time believing they're any kind of threat.

Apart from a few obvious episodes, I don't see how Discord or flying could have changed anything. Don't forget there is still King Midas in exile and the Changelings, that seemingly got a lot of attention in the comics, that are major threats in Equestria.

Nah, the writers said they had no problem writing the new Twilight and I don't see why they would have. She is going to fit in just fine and we'll get the same kind of hoodlums around Ponyville as before.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, all our questions about Twilicorn will be answered in season 4?  It was planned that way from the start?  How convenient for them, since they can hear all our questions before actually finishing the episode.

Well whatever, just hope for the best.

New tweet from Daniel Ingram. Looks like he's very optimistic about Season 4. Of course those who have left or are planning to are unlikely to see this, which means it just leaves the rest of us with more anticipation than ever. (Grumbles) I'm holding you to this Daniel...

Capture.JPG

Well, if Mr. Ingram knows there are fans they might be planning to leave the fandom, he had to have known Twilight's ascension to Alicornhood was the primary reason, and if he's telling us we won't want to miss out on Season 4, I think it can only mean 2 things;

1) Twilight's alicorn status is indeed temporary and she'll eventually lose it (delibrately or otherwise) somehow in a later episode.

2)  The show plans to gives us a very very VERY good reason to want to accept Twilight as an Alicorn, hopefully one that's not forced or contrived (which might be an extremely hard thing to do, considering the show's genre).

But it seems like at least they have something planned for it, and even so, I see no reason Hasbro can't still sell the Princess Twilight toy they had planned even after Twilight hypothetically loses her alicorn status in the show, I know they still sell the Royal Wedding merch long after the Season 2 finale.

• Brohoof 6

But it seems like at least they have something planned for it, and even so, I see no reason Hasbro can't still sell the Princess Twilight toy they had planned even after Twilight hypothetically loses her alicorn status in the show, I know they still sell the Royal Wedding merch long after the Season 2 finale.

Hasbro now has months upon months upon months to sell their alicorn merch out their asses while they take their merry old time with S4 :3 I wouldn't be at all surprised if it got reversed or something else happened in the S4 premiere. Like you said, they just need the event to occur in order to sell toys, they don't need it to be permanent. For all we know, Hasbro came in and said 'Twilicorn. We gots toys to sell, yo', and gave the writers creative freedom to go where they want with the storyline in S4, afterwords.

Hasbro has a lot of input on the series, but for the most part they've really only come in for the big openings and finales for opportunities to sell toys, which is perfectly understandable. The studio/writers are running most of the stuff, overall.

• Brohoof 1

Even though we have a long time to wait until the next season. It gives time to be excited and it will give us something to look forward to in the future. Like mostly everyone I am going to be enjoying the fan made stuff in the meantime and for the most part hangout here as usual. I have a good feeling that season 4 will not disappoint and am very excited for its release.

P.s. Luna is best alicorn hands down :3

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I heard a RUMOR that Season 4 is the last season, anyone know if it is true or not? If it is, I will be VERY disappointed... I started watching MLP: FIM last year around Summer Time, even though I have watched all Episodes, and still watch all the new ones, it will be sad. :c

The rumor you heard is exactly that; a rumor. Hasbro will keep ordering new seasons of Friendship is Magic as long as the popularity keeps up (which at this rate it will, as the fandom is still growing), so betting that there will be a 5th season is a pretty safe bet at the moment.

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 2

Interesting comment from the Unicon, when Tara Strong was asked on whether Twilight Sparkles was going to live a 'very long time', she said yes to the question.

Then I think that person should've asked specifically if Twilight is now immortal and/or if she'll outlive all her friends.

Given how that's one of the main issues regarding Twilight's ascension to Alicornhood, I find it baffling no one asked that specific question.

Edited by Misterian

So, how many Seasons will MLP have. Well, MLP seems that it will be running for awhile. The community is huge and will most likely keep MLP alive. With more adults involved with this franchise, MLP seems that it will keep flowing. This is animation we are talking about. If you look at Bleach, there were more than 500 episodes. Bleach continues to have a huge franchise, and continue cause it is Anime.

a Season five and four sound great! If it is true that daniel is leaving we will miss him surely.  I just wanted to point out that bleach has 366 episodes @_@. dun hate me Just went partial nerd.. couldn't ignore had to correct x.o; -hooves self- D:< YOUr such a bad poneh Rem!(last episode for bleach "Changing History, Unchanging Heart" )

• Brohoof 1

Parts 2 and 3 of finale, Huh? Wow, my body didnt flip, and I'm able to see that purple cutie once more (Twilight)

Well, the past episodes don't feel the same anymore, but I'll watch them for good memories...

Then I think that person should've asked specifically if Twilight is now immortal and/or if she'll outlive all her friends.

Given how that's one of the main issues regarding Twilight's ascension to Alicornhood, I find it baffling no one asked that specific question.

Why scare the kids who read it? And it's probably yes...

Edited by Full Spectrum

Figured I'd toss you guys a bone and post some rumored Season 4 information:

256213__safe_twilight-sparkle_spike_fim-

This is alledgedly a part of the storyboard for a Season 4 episode that was originally posted on the twitter page of one of the storyboard artists (alledgedly). From what I can see here, it would seem this is from the opener in which Twilight is dealing with her emotions after becoming a princess, and how some of her friends in Ponyville feel about the change.

Also, episode 403 (Season 4, Episode 3) of Friendship is Magic is (alledgedly) going by the working title: Rarity for Two. Rarity fans rejoice, she's got the pole position episode after the opener (which will most likely be a two-parter).

• Brohoof 12

^ That scene does seem like it fits with the show, plus it does match the style of previous storyboards that I've seen.  Only time will tell, though, if it's for real. 

Also, episode 403 (Season 4, Episode 3) of Friendship is Magic is (alledgedly) going by the working title: Rarity for Two. Rarity fans rejoice, she's got the pole position episode after the opener (which will most likely be a two-parter).

• Brohoof 2

Figured I'd toss you guys a bone and post some rumored Season 4 information:

img-1218410-1-256213__safe_twilight-spar

This is alledgedly a part of the storyboard for a Season 4 episode that was originally posted on the twitter page of one of the storyboard artists (alledgedly). From what I can see here, it would seem this is from the opener in which Twilight is dealing with her emotions after becoming a princess, and how some of her friends in Ponyville feel about the change.

This can further suggest the 'Temporary Alicorn ascension' theory is correct, either that or the dev team might be delibrately trying to mess with our minds.

This can further suggest the 'Temporary Alicorn ascension' theory is correct, either that or the dev team might be delibrately trying to mess with our minds.

It's very likely. I can't see the whole "Spike Goes to the Moon" plot getting greenlit unless it was part of a larger story. The writers do have standards. It would seem that this scene is also early in the episode, as it is the 7th out of 45 storyboard cards.

It's very likely. I can't see the whole "Spike Goes to the Moon" plot getting greenlit unless it was part of a larger story. The writers do have standards. It would seem that this scene is also early in the episode, as it is the 7th out of 45 storyboard cards.

Which means it might be the intro, given before the theme song. Those -always- have shocker cliff-hangers to them, which makes sense that they'd have a scene where Spike is like 'yeahno, I'm leavin' this pop stand' sort of deal.

Which means it might be the intro, given before the theme song. Those -always- have shocker cliff-hangers to them, which makes sense that they'd have a scene where Spike is like 'yeahno, I'm leavin' this pop stand' sort of deal.

The 7th storyboard? as part of the intro?

I'm no expert on animation (or indeed, anything, except maybe gameplay elements), but don't those kind of intros take up just 3 or 4 storyboards to make? if I remember right they usually just last around 30 seconds.

The 7th storyboard? as part of the intro?

I'm no expert on animation (or indeed, anything, except maybe gameplay elements), but don't those kind of intros take up just 3 or 4 storyboards to make? if I remember right they usually just last around 30 seconds.

I wouldn't know :P I'm just hypothesizing over here. I suppose it'd work just as fine as the opening after the theme song as well.

I wouldn't know :P I'm just hypothesizing over here. I suppose it'd work just as fine as the opening after the theme song as well.

Considering episodes are split into three "Acts" during the writing process (noticable by the fact that there are roughly two commerical breaks per episodes), it's definitely early on in the episode, but probably halfway through the first "act".

I'm just curious where they plan on going with the idea.

That storyboard might just be a joke strip.  The joke might be good enough to make an episode about it, and sounds like an interesting concept.  Imagine all the fanart of Spike, Luna, Wheatly, and Rita Repulsa passing the time.

(edited)

That storyboard might just be a joke strip.  The joke might be good enough to make an episode about it, and sounds like an interesting concept.  Imagine all the fanart of Spike, Luna, Wheatly, and Rita Repulsa passing the time.

Or, it could be the real-deal, it's just that its own art-style is almost completely different from the show's, which we grew so accustomed to for the past three years. I'd rather believe it's the real deal than what you'd call a "joke strip". The reason is simply because I liked Twilight better as a normal unicorn and an equal to her friends, rather than as a vastly superior alicorn princess who happens to have the same love for studying magic as always.

I mean, it's one thing to take a small-time space-marine from the Mass Effect trilogy, and have him/her unite every alien species under his/her leadership, just so that they could defeat the Reapers together. That, I can accept. But, in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, it's another to take a young-adult mare who knows so little about politics, and strap her on a throne hoping that she would unite millions of ponies as opposed to just five and five alone like the old days.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

Here's a little more fuel for the fire for those who may be skeptical about the image I posted:

sibsy+derpy+storyboard.jpg

Mlp_fim_storyboard_sample.png

tumblr_ls767wG9Vl1qdf51c.jpg

The above images are all actual, legitimate storyboards from the show, as you can see we have Luna Eclipsed at the top, Call of the Cutie in the Middle, and A Bird in the Hoof at the bottom. As you can see, they are all done in a different style than the show (due to the fact that they use Flash puppetry for the final production), and share many similarities in style to the rumored Season 4 image:

AHyyVgH.jpg

I'm willing to bet that that image is legit, and if so, the only question is, what episode is it from? The most logical guess would be the opener, but it could be any one of them.

• Brohoof 6