Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory For Season 4 Premiere

Party Cannon

A couple of members have pointed out that Meghan McCarthy said that the Season 4 Premiere has strong ties with this season finale, alluding that it is pretty much a three parter collectively.

This gives hope to Twilight Sparkle reverting back to a Unicorn. Want to know how in one, long-ass, probably grammatically messed up sentence?

"Twilight Sparkle, now an alicorn and a princess, is at first thrilled about her new title and responsibilities, yet she soon learns that with these new things her time with her friends is significantly diminished, thus ultimately asks Princess Celestia to restore her back to her original self so she can focus on the one thing that matters most, Friendship."

• Brohoof 5

Though I find it unlikely, I could still see Hasbro doing this. It would explain why they're separating a storyline from one season to the next; in order to sell ass-tons of Twilicorn merchandise, for as long as they can before they're like 'lol, back to normal.' It would then re-validate all their past toys as well, since normal Twilight would not be 'outdated' anymore.

This all said, I still think it a bit of a stretch. But we'll have to wait and see, as always.

• Brohoof 7

I'm pretty skeptical about this happening because of how much build up and ceremony was attached to Twilight's ascension also because I can't ever have anything nice but I'd be lying if I didn't say that this is what I'm hoping for. It was actually my theory for this episode when I first heard about it. There was no room for anything like this though in the finale, and it would actually sound like a pretty cool idea to go deeper into what being a princess means and for her to decide that friendship was ultimately more important.

So I'm tentatively wishing for this and I think it sounds like an amazing premise for an episode.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

I was one of those members.

I'm definitely expecting it to be an adventure-type episode set. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Discord (he could fall again), and that we may finally see Starswirl the Bearded, maybe talking to Twilight in dream with Luna (it would be a great way for Luna to get the spotlight more ;)). Discord, Starswirl, and the book are all interconnected in my opinion, and if that's the case, I think this would be a great way to bring closure to that mystery.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new villain, either. :)

As for Twilight, whatever happens, I know she will always put her friends first. If that means sacrificing being a princess, she'll do it. If it means sacrificing being an Alicorn (which would be a great time to either confirm or disprove immortality as canon), she'll do it. And personally, by whatever circumstances, I just see this arc with her ending up sacrificing her princesshood. I just got that vibe from the setup/pacing of the finale.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 2

I think the Season 4 premiere in my opinion, might feature some more Rarity episodes. But, I don't really think a three-parter would be good for the finale. Season 4 will impress me, but we will just have to wait and see what happens. Looking into the future should so be my ability, so I could just see what happens. I suspect a Trixie return again, Firebolt will squee with joy.

I highly doubt that she will turn back into a normal unicorn, they hyped this thing to no end and I doubt they will do a 180 like that this was obviously something Hasbro forced on the writers so they could sell Twilight alicorn toys. All I ask is that they please don't make her a Mary Sue making her an alicorn in the first place is already treading dangerously close to this but even I have said many times that this concept can be done some justice if it is handled correctly. The season 3 finale was not very encouraging but I still have some hope as it looks like this will be elaborated on further in the season 4 premier.

As for twilight only temporarily being an Alicorn, it doesn't really seem likely to me. Why go through the trouble of making twilight an Alicorn to have he revert back in 2 episodes time. A three parter would be awesome none the less. Hasbro pulled through in the finale so i think they can handle it.

It does sound very possible is doing this for the to sales, then will change everything back to normal for the Bronies I guess. But what if they keep Twilight like this forever. My friend also had a stupid theory that each of the main six become Alicorns and Princesses of their own kingdom, but the chance of that happening as well is very, very slim. But a lot may happens since the ending is going to be a three parter kinda of thing.

To me I wouldn't care if she changed or not. I still know that Twilight will always be her true self in the end and never leave her friends. Hasbro would never do a thing like take her away from her friends and make her live in the castle for the rest of her life. In the end, I really don't know if she will stay an Alicorn forever. As long as she stays true to her self, I'm fine with ever if she is an Alicorn or not. :)

A couple of members have pointed out that Meghan McCarthy said that the Season 4 Premiere has strong ties with this season finale, alluding that it is pretty much a three parter collectively.

This gives hope to Twilight Sparkle reverting back to a Unicorn. Want to know how in one, long-ass, probably grammatically messed up sentence?

"Twilight Sparkle, now an alicorn and a princess, is at first thrilled about her new title and responsibilities, yet she soon learns that with these new things her time with her friends is significantly diminished, thus ultimately asks Princess Celestia to restore her back to her original self so she can focus on the one thing that matters most, Friendship."

That was my original thoughts as well. Of course, knowing Twilight, she might not want to disappoint Celestia as well. However, I do see an episode like this. The writers kept on saying "trust us guys!". I don't really mind too much if she stays an Alicorn, BUT! I would prefer your scenario. We shall see! Until then, lets keep speculating and pumping out fan content! 

• Brohoof 1

I actually heard a rumor that at the root of Mlp they has been planned only 3 seasons. So, may be, i am not insisting on that, but probably, only by some ways, 4th season is forced by popularity, without some real long term plan.

I Guess they can twist plot in any way, as doing Twilight unicorn back (Oh how i wish so) or changing focus from just ponyvile.

What i am 80% assure, that we still have plenty time, before CMC will find their cuity marks =)

• Brohoof 1

I actually heard a rumor that at the root of Mlp they has been planned only 3 seasons. So, may be, i am not insisting on that, but probably, only by some ways, 4th season is forced by popularity, without some real long term plan.

I Guess they can twist plot in any way, as doing Twilight unicorn back (Oh how i wish so) or changing focus from just ponyvile.

What i am 80% assure, that we still have plenty time, before CMC will find their cuity marks =)

The soundtrack leaked that there would be ninety-four (I think, it might have said ninety-one) episodes in Season 1-4. So that would lead to there being a twenty-six episode long Season 4.

I don't think this will happen.  THe amount of buildup this thing had was over the top.  Her ceremony was amazing.  Putting that together just to have her reverted back into an unicorn just doesn't seem right.

The rest of the story (Episodes 1 & 2 of Season 4) have already been described as "epic" by some on Meghan's twitter page. Perhaps Twilight will have to sacrifice her alicorn powers to save Equestria?

On a side note, I like the fact that they're starting to end and open seasons much like live action dramas (think House or The Walking Dead). It really blends the seasons together better than the gap between seasons 1 & 2 which were essentially self contained story arcs (the first being Twilight coming to Ponyville and the second being her and her friends promotion to becoming the guardians of Equestria). Not to mention that it hypes the next season without having to do much outside of the show, which is a plus for everyone.

• Brohoof 1

My best guess is either: something/someone will be threatining the princess(es) or equestria in general

Or: Twi will not like the royal responsibilities and move back to ponyville

I do not think she is reverting back to unicorn, maybe she will find a way to switch between normal and Princess mode anytime she pleases, I dunno

Whatever happens, one thing is certain: Comic Con/Brony Con will most likely yield some information on Season 4. If they don't reveal a new, updated intro (with Alicorn Twilight), then I'd bet money the change is temporary.

I actually thought about this too. Perhaps Alicorn Twi isn't permanent. But this long break is gonna kill some people. I do believe Season 4 will be amazing though. I still have faith in these writers. They will never let us done. Lastly, i think we should tell the people who hate Alicorn Twi this so they can stop their whinning  <_< .

Well, I thought Twilight being an alicorn was temporary....

But anywho, this would be a great episode plot if they made it! :) But I hope that becoming an alicorn doesn't separate her from her friends! I honestly don't really mind having Twilight an alircorn either way, but if it gets in the way of friendship...*sniff* But I'm sure it'll be fine. And I like your theory! It would make a cute episode! :D

But guys, please don't freak out. I'm sure it's temporary, and if it isn't, the writers will know how to incorporate it in  a good way. ;) It's still MLP, and it will always have great episodes. Also, I totally forgot that season 4 starts off with a two-parter....so now I'm excited!! :D

Actually, i have new guess about a plot in a 1&2 episode of 4th season. Remember celestia said, that star swirl the bearded never expirienced friendship, like Twilight do? I just forget about some particular draconequus...
So, maybe continue of Princess coronation will be somehow linked with Discord?

Well, I thought Twilight being an alicorn was temporary....

In a near future:

Hasbro : Well, did you sell any of this Twilicorn toys?

Managers : The sells for Twilicorn toys is dropped dramaticaly since last month. Nobody want to buy it anymore

Hasbro : Good. Prepear Twilight unicorn toys. Lets continue Season 4 of MLP and turn Twilight back.

Edited by IceBeerG

You know what? I can see a villain appearing in a two part season 4 opener. To defeat them, Twilight must sacrifice her princess-hood to save Equestria. Sounds more like a fanfic, but whatever. We need a new villain that actually gets screen time.

• Brohoof 1

I just think that making any big and permanent changes to a main character like Twilight in a slice-of-life series like My Little Pony would be a mistake. This is normally the type of show that anyone can start watching at any episode and get into the series with relative ease. After three seasons of Twilight as a unicorn, it would be hard to imagine Twilight as an alicorn as a permanent fixture. For newer fans who just casually watch the show when it's on will be lost if they see she's a unicorn in one episode and yet has wings in another episode. I could be very wrong, but for this reason I think there's a good chance that Alicorn Twilight is just temporary. It's something that gives Hasbro some time to sell some toys.

But whatever happens, as long as she's still the same pony deep down, and the show is still high-quality, I think I speak for everyone when I say we can manage.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

If they do decide to change Twilight back (and I hope they do), this seems like the most likely way to do it.

You know what? I can see a villain appearing in a two part season 4 opener. To defeat them, Twilight must sacrifice her princess-hood to save Equestria. Sounds more like a fanfic, but whatever. We need a new villain that actually gets screen time.

This would probably be the way I'd like it to happen though. Something epic with a villain that threatening would be pretty hard to mess up.

But whatever happens, as long as she's still the same pony deep down, and the show is still high-quality, I think I speak for everyone when I say we can manage.

Although I could live with this too. Most of my alicorn Twilight fears were about changing her into a perfect little OC with no chance of further character development.

However, I'd prefer it if Hasbro didn't try to change the show this drastically again.

Edited by Emerald Flame
  • Brohoof 1