Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Youtube video tips

~/XC- BRONY\~

Hey guys, im just starting to do Lets plays of games, right now im doing farcry 3. I was wondering if I coyld get soe help, like suggestions and tips and help. I would like to add a outro part to the video, like some others have, I just don't know how to do that yes. anyways thank you if you could help me, its greatly appericiated.

Heres a link to my page, if you want to watch the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XCBrony

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys, im just starting to do Lets plays of games, right now im doing farcry 3. I was wondering if I coyld get soe help, like suggestions and tips and help. I would like to add a outro part to the video, like some others have, I just don't know how to do that yes. anyways thank you if you could help me, its greatly appericiated.

Heres a link to my page, if you want to watch the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XCBrony

I can't watch any videos right now as I'm in bed just doing some late night browsing, so this advise is just some general advise that I've had from multiple sources and now pass on to you.

Make videos for you, just enjoy what you are doing and with time you'll get more viewers and subscribers, try to be consistent with your material and try to stick to some sort of uploading routine. When making a large series, try to spread the uploads out a bit, Wednesday and Saturday for example, views are always highest on a Friday night through till Sunday.

Don't use any copyright material, early on it has little effect, but it'll come back to haunt you later when applying for partnership (my studio made me delete a bunch of my videos, I lost around 1.5k views)

As for an outro, it isn't entirely nessisary, longer videos tend to have their viewers lost towards the end anyway, if you really want one, I would suggest some sort of background with your channel name on it and clips of 2 of your other videos(last episode and first episode tends to work well) then you can annotate those video screens to be links to the video.

Hope that helps you out :)

I used to be a semi-successful Youtuber back in the day until in a fit of depression, I deleted all of my videos and fanfictions back in 2009. Before that, I learned a lot about how Youtube works, though.

1. Do not beg for anything. Do not ask people to check out your channel in youtube comments. Do not ask your viewers to do anything, especially if you're under 10000 subscribers. Focus on your content, and people will come.

2. Be friendly to your viewers. Read and respond to comments in kind and, if possible, funny ways. Be nice, friendly, and likable. Be funny and charismatic. Make people see you as the kind of great guy they would be proud to be following. Be good to your subscribers and they will be good to you.

3. Make videos for yourself. You will only do well if you like what you're doing. However,

4. Know your audience. Some things will not go over well for certain audiences, that will be applauded by others. Try not to piss your audience off. Also, if you are deciding between two equally appealing games, and people are asking you to play one over the other, play that game.

5. Avoid copyright like the plague. If a game has a popular song on it, mute the music. Do not go adding copyrighted materials to your videos if you can avoid it, and if you must use something, try to use something in the public domain.

6. Outros and intros are optional. In fact, they're usually just unnecessary and annoying.

7. Make the best content that you can make. Try your hardest to make entertaining, good quality videos. You can do anything, but if your videos aren't fun to watch, your channel won't pick up off the ground. Good luck!

8. Youtube is a very passive audience. They won't work for anything. Put links on annotations AND in the description. Make sure that if you get Twitter, Steam, or whatever other sites you may end up using for your let's play followers if you get successful, that they all have the exact same name as your channel (or as close as possible). Make it easier to follow you and your videos.

9. Work with others. For example, if someone makes you an outro or background or something, you can give them a shoutout in a sort of informal agreement. Or you can do dual comms and other things like that. Working with other people helps to get your name out there.

10. Be honest. Don;t say you'll do something unless you know you're going to do it.

• Brohoof 2

I can't watch any videos right now as I'm in bed just doing some late night browsing, so this advise is just some general advise that I've had from multiple sources and now pass on to you.

Make videos for you, just enjoy what you are doing and with time you'll get more viewers and subscribers, try to be consistent with your material and try to stick to some sort of uploading routine. When making a large series, try to spread the uploads out a bit, Wednesday and Saturday for example, views are always highest on a Friday night through till Sunday.

Don't use any copyright material, early on it has little effect, but it'll come back to haunt you later when applying for partnership (my studio made me delete a bunch of my videos, I lost around 1.5k views)

As for an outro, it isn't entirely nessisary, longer videos tend to have their viewers lost towards the end anyway, if you really want one, I would suggest some sort of background with your channel name on it and clips of 2 of your other videos(last episode and first episode tends to work well) then you can annotate those video screens to be links to the video.

Hope that helps you out :)

I used to be a semi-successful Youtuber back in the day until in a fit of depression, I deleted all of my videos and fanfictions back in 2009. Before that, I learned a lot about how Youtube works, though.

1. Do not beg for anything. Do not ask people to check out your channel in youtube comments. Do not ask your viewers to do anything, especially if you're under 10000 subscribers. Focus on your content, and people will come.

2. Be friendly to your viewers. Read and respond to comments in kind and, if possible, funny ways. Be nice, friendly, and likable. Be funny and charismatic. Make people see you as the kind of great guy they would be proud to be following. Be good to your subscribers and they will be good to you.

3. Make videos for yourself. You will only do well if you like what you're doing. However,

4. Know your audience. Some things will not go over well for certain audiences, that will be applauded by others. Try not to piss your audience off. Also, if you are deciding between two equally appealing games, and people are asking you to play one over the other, play that game.

5. Avoid copyright like the plague. If a game has a popular song on it, mute the music. Do not go adding copyrighted materials to your videos if you can avoid it, and if you must use something, try to use something in the public domain.

6. Outros and intros are optional. In fact, they're usually just unnecessary and annoying.

7. Make the best content that you can make. Try your hardest to make entertaining, good quality videos. You can do anything, but if your videos aren't fun to watch, your channel won't pick up off the ground. Good luck!

8. Youtube is a very passive audience. They won't work for anything. Put links on annotations AND in the description. Make sure that if you get Twitter, Steam, or whatever other sites you may end up using for your let's play followers if you get successful, that they all have the exact same name as your channel (or as close as possible). Make it easier to follow you and your videos.

9. Work with others. For example, if someone makes you an outro or background or something, you can give them a shoutout in a sort of informal agreement. Or you can do dual comms and other things like that. Working with other people helps to get your name out there.

10. Be honest. Don;t say you'll do something unless you know you're going to do it.

thanks for the response and the tips! It helps a lot, I already got a copyright claim, mainly because im doing a playthrough haha.

thanks for the response and the tips! It helps a lot, I already got a copyright claim, mainly because im doing a playthrough haha.

Ha! :lol: Yeah, I had so many copyright claims back in the height of Youtube takedown requests that I didn't know what to do with them.

Also, I checked out your channel and subscribed, and I have some more advice to give you based on watching your videos. Don't get too close to the mic, don't mumble, and try to be a bit more dramatic/ enthusiastic. I really like your videos so far :)

Ha! :lol: Yeah, I had so many copyright claims back in the height of Youtube takedown requests that I didn't know what to do with them.

Also, I checked out your channel and subscribed, and I have some more advice to give you based on watching your videos. Don't get too close to the mic, don't mumble, and try to be a bit more dramatic/ enthusiastic. I really like your videos so far :)

Alright, yea soory about the coughing in the videos, I have a pretty bad cold :( but I will fix the mic problem and stuff. thanks for watching!)

alright so I wanted to start making a Friday update video an stuff, and for the intro I was going to put a song by modest mouse, if I put their copyright info in the description or in the video, would I be ok to do that?