Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias?

Pinkazoid

Heart attacks. Thats my fear. I had few anxiety attacks over the summer when I was depressed and drinking too much. I always thought I was having a heart attack because of the fast heart rate you get with anxiety attacks. But even though I havnt had one in a few months, that lingering fear of having a heart attack lurks in my mind. I do my best to fight it though. But still its pretty irrational, because Im 20 and fairly heathly, and the chance of me having a heart attack is very small.

But still. I dont like feeling my heart beat. I don't even lay on my left side when I sleep. :(

• Brohoof 2

Hydraphobia: I am afraid of water. I can drink it, but I just can't be in it. There are so many freaky things lurking in the water that could snatch you up in an instant! Humans know more about the universe than we do about the oceans! And the space could go on for, literally forever!

Acrophobia/Altophobia: I am afraid of heights. Strange thing is, I can go sky diving, but I can't go on one of those glass elevators. It is probably because when I am sky diving I know I am falling, but on a high place that is "supposed" to be safe, I don't like because of the possibility of falling. In sky diving I know I am falling from like 300,000 feet in the air. That is ok.

Atychiphobia: I hate failing. If I fail, someone else fails, which I severely hate when someone around me fails.

Edited by Dr. Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I used have pretty serious arachnophobia, but a combination of years of spider-squashing expertise and playing Minecraft has mostly desensitized me to them. I'm a complete wuss when it comes to bees, though. Anything that can sting me and fly freaks the hay out of me. For this reason, I can never relax at any outdoor event when there's even a single bee flying around some nearby flowers. And if there's a hive, with dozens of bees swarming in and out? *shivers*

I also have a fear of any situation in which I could easily kill myself. For instance, I can't stay on a high cliff where simply leaning too far over the edge will send me falling, but having a high having a window between me and the height, or being strapped into a roller coaster is fine. Another example would be riding a bike along a busy highway with no dedicated bike lane. Driving is the one exception, though, mostly because of the fact that I have a lot more things to worry about about than suicide.

Edited by Pony Joe

I had a really strange one from when I was a kid. Whenever I saw concrete I would get a mental image of me dashing my teeth on it due to tripping, and it freaked me out. I am over that now, but it was very troubling at the time.

Now my only major fear is being confined, my mind goes crazy and I freak out when I can't move.

Phobias? Well, I don't really have any phobias, although I have social anxiety. Basically, what it means is that during some social situations, I'll get feelings of intense fear and worry about said situation. For instance, sometimes when shopping, I tend to feel like I'm being silently judged by people. Perhaps that attributes to my shyness and awkwardness...

Fear of social interaction is essentially what I'm saying. It's not exactly a phobia, but nonetheless, that's my story.

I'm kind of like that too. Also when I look at someone I have a hard time keeping eye contact for some reason. It's like I get all tense and uncomfortable. It kind of comes and goes for me though. Sometimes I'm very sociable, other times I avoid people.

I don have any real phobias, just some minor fears.

Now, I know a lot of people are scared of spiders or snakes, but I love both :)

I have a slight fear of heights, but much more so if it's over water, which is odd because falling into water would be easier to survive than onto the ground.

I'd have to say my most irrational fear is being away from other humans. Also, it doesn't include my family. It's okay when I'm at home, because I know there are other people down the street. But if my family and I go on a hike in the middle of nowhere, I get all worried. Another example is that my family often likes to go to the cold, Washington beaches and look at tide pools (very interesting marine life in the tide pools). But since Washington beaches are cold and not very beach-ish, we're often the only ones there, and it freaks me out. I'm not sure why, I've thought of a few reasons why one might be scared of being away from other people, but none of them are it :/

• Brohoof 1

All right if you really want to know my phobias

Shipwrecks, needles, pointed objects, blood, heights, falling, never being good enough, failure, ghosts, spiders, bees, dark oceans, ships, drowning, scorpions, sudden loud noises, loosing a limb, any sort of disease (cancer etc.), surgery, being that one kid that people just pretend to be friends with, and last but not least loosing someone close to me.

Needles are my biggest phobia though i literally go hay-wire when it comes to needles

Oh and of course throwing up how could i forget that one!

I'm kind of like that too. Also when I look at someone I have a hard time keeping eye contact for some reason. It's like I get all tense and uncomfortable. It kind of comes and goes for me though. Sometimes I'm very sociable, other times I avoid people.

I forgot to mention eye contact, but I'm the exact same way.

I'm a fraid of hights really bad I have to hold on to something even in the school's stairs, and if someone is behind me in the stairs I get a bit more scared since they push others and then the yelling doesn't help, yesterday a kid started pushing me (his my friend) and I started yelling at him to stop , so I'm not good in hights, I'm also scared to be in crowded or small places (I know the name but I can't spell it right)

I have a fear of some insects, but it depends on the situation at hand.

Other than that not a lot scares me, but I can be very jumpy at times.

Cynophobia- Fear of dogs. Their jumpy nature just scares the heck out of me. To make it worse, their loud barking just makes me jump.

I get this to, mainly when everything is quite then suddenly a dog starts barking at me.

._____________________________________.

And I thought Camel spiders were scary.

:blink:

I'm scared of potato chips. I dunno why. The smell makes me retch, the sight of them make me cringe, and the sound of them crunching is like nails on a chalkboard.

Guess how fun my childhood was when the other kids found out my phobia is an easily accessible and popular snack?

Edited by FinalGamer

I'm scared of potato chips. I dunno why. The smell makes me retch, the sight of them make me cringe, and the sound of them crunching is like nails on a chalkboard.

Me too, not sure why though.

To be honest, I do not know anything I am scared of.

I have read some stuff that you ponies are afraid of but nope none of them.

I love heights, I've always loved insects/bugs whatever you call them, I do absolutley not have claustrophobia since I find it cozy to be in small spaces,

Hydraphobia I am afraid of water. I can drink it' date=' but I just can't be in it. There are so many freaky things lurking in the water that could snatch you up in an instant! Humans know more about the universe than we do about the oceans! And the space could go on for, literally forever![/quote']

I do not have Hydraphobia. I am not afraid of water but I do not like to swim since my swimming skills isn't the best hah and I do not like drinking water since it tastes like shit.

Shipwrecks' date=' needles, pointed objects, blood, heights, falling, never being good enough, failure, ghosts, spiders, bees, dark oceans, ships, drowning, scorpions, sudden loud noises, loosing a limb, any sort of disease (cancer etc.), surgery, being that one kid that people just pretend to be friends with, and last but not least loosing someone close to me.

[/quote'] I am not afraid of blood, needles, ghosts, dark oceans, sudden loud noises because I have watched too much horror movies so I am not affected by it anymore. My mother says I am sick since I do not think it's disturbing to watch for example, in horror movies; people who cut open other people and eat them up. I am not afraid of any diseases since I am not afraid of death.

To admit, sometimes I can be a really selfish person and not be sympathetic at all. For example when my hamster died, my mother cried while I was like "ye ye whatever." So I do not think I am afraid of loosing any family member neither. (I can see what you think about me when reading this but I love my family and I loved my hamster, it's not that. I don't know why I didn't care I think my emotions aren't that strong or something)

I am 100% dead serious about this, just so you know.

Edited by Jokuc

I feel weird all of the sudden, I don't have any phobias. I do know that I do not fear danger as much as I should. Never have, never will. I don't feel excited on thrill rides, doesn't even raise my heartbeat. And so many other things that is broken about me.

Also to anyone fearing the water, I love the water, I'm not the best swimmer, but I love whenever I get the chance.

Edited by Tich

Not much I can think of… I guess those weird nightmares where you feel like you’re actually falling, then wake up right before you hit the ground realizing it was all just a dream, that stuff freaks me out a bit.