Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias?

Pinkazoid

8|

As for me. Well, the usual and slight fear of spiders... But an exception are jumping spiders, i just love them for some reason. Sharp objects, chainsaws, speaking infront of a crowd, Bees/Wasps (Get the hell away from me!), having no purpose in life like you're just drifting aimlessly, death of close ones... And heights? Well, i'm not scared of it, but i'm not really comfortable with it either. And i'm not a fan of rollercoasters either, i'll find my kick in other things thank you very much.

Oddly enough I don't MIND spiders at all, but I HATE jumping ones. I absolutely FREAK at seeing any small creature able to jump at the height of my face from spiders to headcrabs.

Spoidas! Get 'em off me! Get 'em oofffff meee!!

Especially on that very rare occasion that you find one in your room at night and can never fall asleep.

Other than that, I'm kind of scared of somepony.. or something (zombies) trying to get me whenever I'm in the shower and alone.

Oh yeah, I have trypophobia, I VERY MUCH DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT IT, FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GOOGLE IT AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS

(I WARNED YOU IF YOU DO!!!)

Edited by Narutardedscum

I am scared of spiders, especially camel spiders. Ugh. I am kind of scared of swimming in the sea as well. I am perfectly fine in a boat in fact, I like going on boats, but swimming in it...no.

I know lots of people that are scared of needles and injections but I think needles are actually kind of cool. I have no idea why. Also, a lot of people are afraid of sharks, I just feel sorry for sharks because they are being over fished. :( More people are killed by donkeys every year than by sharks.

I'm scared of Skyscrapers (like looking up at them, as I have a severe case of vertigo and get dizzy when I do so.)

I have a huge fear of people judging me. My biggest fear though is my fear of needles, knives, or other sharp pointy things that could kill/hurt me.

Anyone's feet not in socks/shoes. Well anyone apart from my own. I just have a problem with seeing other peoples' (/(>.<))

Insects. Any kind. Moreso the flying kind. (/(>.<))

Birds flying in a house/inside! (/(>.<))

The noise that knife and forks make when they scrape across a plate or pan, or scratches on a chalkboard. Is this even a phobia? :huh: I have a reallyreallyreally big fear of it (I eat with chopsticks mainly anyway) but even the thought of it happening makes my insides go cold! (/(>.<))

There is probably a lot more, but those are the main ones I can think of right now. :blush:

I have apiphobia (fear of bees, I believe), claustrophobia, and trypophobia. Anypony else here have severe trypophobia?

I do have trypophobia

Anyone's feet not in socks/shoes. Well anyone apart from my own. I just have a problem with seeing other peoples' (/(>.<))

Any particular reason? You would not like seeing me very much then... I only wear sandals in places I don't think I can get away with going barefoot in (restaurants, some stores and grocery stores. No actual laws in the US against it, but people will bug you if you try it). I have to wear shoes to work (I work 1-2 days a week at a movie theater). Other than that, I go barefoot everywhere including when I go to class at college.

I have a slight fear of spiders, but it isn't that intense. It has gotten a lot better recently too, when I quit killing them and capturing them to release them back outside. First couple of times doing that was fun :P

Edited by hoofian

Any particular reason? You would not like seeing me very much then... I only wear sandals in places I don't think I can get away with going barefoot in (restaurants, some stores and grocery stores. No actual laws in the US against it, but people will bug you if you try it). I have to wear shoes to work (I work 1-2 days a week at a movie theater). Other than that, I go barefoot everywhere including when I go to class at college.

I have a slight fear of spiders, but it isn't that intense. It has gotten a lot better recently too, when I quit killing them and capturing them to release them back outside. First couple of times doing that was fun :P

Aw not at all! I don't mind sandals, and I wear open toe and backless shoes and some sandals also when it is hot! So you are safe with regards to that!x Not to mention it would be a major fasion faux pass if you wore socks with sandals. x3 But barefoot!! Noooooooooh! Why? :(

I think my fear/phobia stems from growing up in Japan when I was a child, we had a strict rule of no outdoor shoes to be worn inside. One of my siblings, however, found it funny to put his foot close to my face. I am guessing it is because of that, but I'm not sure. >.< I don't like the look of feet in general very much.

Edit: Thinking about what you said has got me worried now! What about if there is glass and you step on it? And all of the germs? >>.<<;

Edited by xXAyaXx

Aw not at all! I don't mind sandals, and I wear open toe and backless shoes and some sandals also when it is hot! So you are safe with regards to that!x Not to mention it would be a major fasion faux pass if you wore socks with sandals. x3 But barefoot!! Noooooooooh! Why? :(

I think my fear/phobia stems from growing up in Japan when I was a child, we had a strict rule of no outdoor shoes to be worn inside. One of my siblings, however, found it funny to put his foot close to my face. I am guessing it is because of that, but I'm not sure. >.< I don't like the look of feet in general very much.

Edit: Thinking about what you said has got me worried now! What about if there is glass and you step on it? And all of the germs? >>.<<;

Siblings do tend to ruin stuff for us, eh? Hehe. I go barefoot for a few reasons though... One of which is I feel more spiritually grounded, especially when hiking/walking on dirt, rocks and grass. I feel very close to Mother Earth when there isn't a piece of rubber separating us. :) Another reason is I have always hated shoes. They are just uncomfortable, and having rather large feet (size 13-14 triple e US) makes finding shoes difficult especially comfortable ones. When I have to wear shoes, I feel like my feet are in a prison and in the winter I often opt for wearing a pair or two of wool socks rather than actual shoes. I also love feeling the textures and temperatures when I am walking, it is just so enjoyable! When I walk with shoes, its like eating with a mitten on my tongue. It does the job, but I feel awkward and its not enjoyable. Though there are other reasons, they tend to just be personal preference and such, but the one I think that most people find interesting and applies to us all is that almost all foot issues are caused by the shoes we wear. They are usually ill-fitting, more for fashion than comfort, rub us wrong and cause callouses in places they shouldn't be, cause corn, bunions, spurs, cause spinal trouble, etc.

Thanks for the concern! Germs aren't much of a concern, our skin is an excellent barrier against all the pathogens our skin faces everyday. In fact, germs can only hurt us if they find a way in (through our eyes, mouth, cuts, etc). Walking barefoot (or barehoof, as my girlfriend mentioned hehe) develops tougher soles. I'm not really all that concerned about glass. I look where I am walking more than other people do out of self-preservation, but I have stepped on glass and thorns and such with no problems many times. There are a couple of thorny bush's out there that still get me, but not too often. :) The interesting thing about germs though, is that shoes provide the best environment for them. They are warm moist and almost never if ever get washed. :) I was my feet every day hehe.

Not trying to be preachy or derail the thread, but you did ask why! :3 Sorry it was so lengthy, I tried to give the readers digest version though, hehe.

- Spiders, but that's a pretty normal one. As is bees/any flying-buzzing-stinging creature!

- I'm terrified of falling, even if I'm standing on a short rock -- I've never broken a bone so I'm terrified of doing so. Unless I'm in an adventurous mood, I will not stand on anything off the ground. xD

- Public speaking, another pretty normal one. I can't even present in front of my class of like 8 students, half of which barely show up!

- Disabled people. I KNOW this seems really shallow, but I'm actually pretty terrified. I've dealt with many in the past, and I really mean no offence to anyone when I say that I'm scared of them. I just don't know how to act around them and I feel as I can't do anything without possibly setting them off. Plus the ones at my school can be pretty creepy... they hit on everyone lul :C #NoOffencePlz.

- I really don't know if this counts as a phobia, but I'm scared of making other people upset. So when I have to make a decision I usually say I don't care or I don't mind what we do and whatnot. I just care about making them happy and don't want them upset. So yeah LOL.

I can't think of any others right now but I'm a really really odd chickita. T^T I'm afraid of a lot of things...

• Brohoof 1

- Disabled people. I KNOW this seems really shallow, but I'm actually pretty terrified. I've dealt with many in the past, and I really mean no offence to anyone when I say that I'm scared of them. I just don't know how to act around them and I feel as I can't do anything without possibly setting them off. Plus the ones at my school can be pretty creepy... they hit on everyone lul :C #NoOffencePlz.

I sort of know what you mean, when I was younger, I felt this way. But the truth is, they just want to be treated like everyone else. Seriously. And it seems like it would be hard, but its really not. Seeing beyond their disability doesn't take all that much. One of my best friends has Cerebral Palsy. It affects his motor skills and makes him difficult to understand. But he is a really nice guy, and all he really wants is to hang out, go to movies, have a drink, and be treated like everyone else.

I was homeschooled, but as an outside observer it seems everyone in school hits on everyone, hehe.

• Brohoof 1

Siblings do tend to ruin stuff for us, eh? Hehe. I go barefoot for a few reasons though... One of which is I feel more spiritually grounded, especially when hiking/walking on dirt, rocks and grass. I feel very close to Mother Earth when there isn't a piece of rubber separating us. :) Another reason is I have always hated shoes. They are just uncomfortable, and having rather large feet (size 13-14 triple e US) makes finding shoes difficult especially comfortable ones. When I have to wear shoes, I feel like my feet are in a prison and in the winter I often opt for wearing a pair or two of wool socks rather than actual shoes. I also love feeling the textures and temperatures when I am walking, it is just so enjoyable! When I walk with shoes, its like eating with a mitten on my tongue. It does the job, but I feel awkward and its not enjoyable. Though there are other reasons, they tend to just be personal preference and such, but the one I think that most people find interesting and applies to us all is that almost all foot issues are caused by the shoes we wear. They are usually ill-fitting, more for fashion than comfort, rub us wrong and cause callouses in places they shouldn't be, cause corn, bunions, spurs, cause spinal trouble, etc.

Thanks for the concern! Germs aren't much of a concern, our skin is an excellent barrier against all the pathogens our skin faces everyday. In fact, germs can only hurt us if they find a way in (through our eyes, mouth, cuts, etc). Walking barefoot (or barehoof, as my girlfriend mentioned hehe) develops tougher soles. I'm not really all that concerned about glass. I look where I am walking more than other people do out of self-preservation, but I have stepped on glass and thorns and such with no problems many times. There are a couple of thorny bush's out there that still get me, but not too often. :) The interesting thing about germs though, is that shoes provide the best environment for them. They are warm moist and almost never if ever get washed. :) I was my feet every day hehe.

Not trying to be preachy or derail the thread, but you did ask why! :3 Sorry it was so lengthy, I tried to give the readers digest version though, hehe.

Great, now I have a phobia of shoes, feet, and skin! :ph34r:

I understand, I usually wear heels and shoes for fashion rather than comfort. BUT I would never walk out like that! And as long as you have socks, it doesn't bother me so much!x But the thought of wearing nothing on my feat out, I would rather do anything but that!

I think I am a little of a germaphobe, though! When I was on holiday not long ago and my boyfriend was having me pose for him (He is a photographer) he made me sit on steps and even lay down in leaves and I wasn't happy about it. :angry:

I try not to think about the bacteria all around us, or how many things are literally crawling over us every day.

Bath time, I think. Damn you!

Have you always felt the need to have your feet free, even from a young age?x

• Brohoof 1

I'm, not to found of spiders either. Camel Spiders aren't Spiders they're Arachnid's. They're also called The Wind Scorpion they're not poisonous at all. But have really sharp claws that can live one hell of bite on your arm or leg. They hate the sun and they bury them self's in the shade. If you see a Camel Spider walk behind you don't be afraid they're only looking for a nice shady place. And they're very strong. There jaws are very strong and can lift pretty heavy objects. And they can beat a scorpion in a battle. Some of them are pretty big spiders. I've seen pictures and a you tube video on them. They live the the Europe countries like Turkey.

Edited by RDashFan85

Well I am terrified of lizards and roller coasters that has loops cause I have a fear of falling off every time they go upside down even tho they are safe but I am just afraid of them.

I just wish I can over come my fears but it is just to hard for me I really wanna start going on roller coaster and have fun and also stop being afraid of lizards I just wish overcoming you're fears could be easy .

I'm afraid of pretty much any creepy-crawly such as cockroaches, swarms of flies, and lizards. Definitely cockroaches, though. Those things are buckin' scary.

I'm also afraid of dogs. I mean, cute little puppies and old dogs are fine, but those medium sized dogs who have a deep bark and endless energy freak me out. I always think dogs sniff me because they want to bite me.