Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias?

Pinkazoid

Great, now I have a phobia of shoes, feet, and skin! :ph34r:

I understand, I usually wear heels and shoes for fashion rather than comfort. BUT I would never walk out like that! And as long as you have socks, it doesn't bother me so much!x But the thought of wearing nothing on my feat out, I would rather do anything but that!

I think I am a little of a germaphobe, though! When I was on holiday not long ago and my boyfriend was having me pose for him (He is a photographer) he made me sit on steps and even lay down in leaves and I wasn't happy about it. :angry:

I try not to think about the bacteria all around us, or how many things are literally crawling over us every day.

Bath time, I think. Damn you!

Have you always felt the need to have your feet free, even from a young age?x

Lol! Your reply made me laugh a lot! :) Hehe I used to be a germaphobe, not so much anymore. I still remain sanitary but not obsessive like I used to be. My point is, I understand where you are coming from. :) And yes, since I was a child, I have always hated shoes, and would only wear them when I was made to. I grew out of it some when I was a teenager, but then when I got about 17 or so, I decided why fight it? Hehe.

• Brohoof 1

Lol! Your reply made me laugh a lot! :) Hehe I used to be a germaphobe, not so much anymore. I still remain sanitary but not obsessive like I used to be. My point is, I understand where you are coming from. :) And yes, since I was a child, I have always hated shoes, and would only wear them when I was made to. I grew out of it some when I was a teenager, but then when I got about 17 or so, I decided why fight it? Hehe.

Awww! I hope you are wearing socks right now or I take the awww back! :angry:

Edited by xXAyaXx

Awww! I hope you are wearing socks right now or I take the awww back! :angry:

Sorry, I am not. Though I did this morning, even shoes... But that's because I was at work :P

• 10 months later...

Sorry Fluttershy, but i am scared of... Butterflies

They are worse than wasps to me! I dont know why i hate them so much, i prettey much hate any insect really, small spiders arent that bad, as long as there not close to me or on me!

But i like snakes though!

I'm scared of birds, I absoloutly hate them. Well, mostly parrots and other really big birds, like eagles, and hawks, and owls, though I have no problem with baby chicks, I am terryfied by male chicken the most, I can hardly breathe near 'em.

EDIT: I have no idea how I could forget to write this, but I also have a social anxiety. I go to a special class because I can't function right with other people, but recently I've had to have German in a "normal" class, and it was bad. My heart was pumping, I got a headache, and my hands was shaking, but I think I succeeded in hding it well (By that, I mean, basically hidding in a corner seat, with my hands under the table)

Edited by Brohoofer

I am scared of dead things... seriously. (not really of death itself.)   I am terrified of dead bodies, of pretty much any species... fish, cats, dogs, goats, horses, humans... I completely go postal and have to escape the area fast....  Biology and Anatomy class where hell for me... one classmate teased me the first day of cat dissection until he saw I was shaking bad... he came over, asked what was wrong and gave me a hug and said sorry... he made sure no one else gave me crap for it and let me stay far away from the cat.

Sadly my family doesn't understand the issue like Dave or my classmate did... I've had to bury pets before and they didn't listen to me screaming at them to put a goat out of its misery b/c I felt it would die in under 10 min... died in about 5 min... thrashing.   I've had to take dead mice out of the house, freaking out the whole time... I get so dizzy and sick.      At my aunt's funeral I didn't get to say a proper good-bye b/c of it... she's my favorite aunt.
I can't even walk next to lobster tails or fish with scales on them in the store and I shake if I have to take meat off of a chicken/turkey 'body' (when its the whole chicken)    I do a bit better with cut meats such a beef and pork, even with bone.

I have a fear of speaking to groups/classes...   I shake bad, stutter.... I also can't read out-loud to anyone... even little kids without stuttering or mess ups... yet I can read just fine to myself... I could always read well above my level and understand some of the most twisted books & Shakespearean plays...  I read fast with high comprehension of what I read, but I can't read out-loud.

However, I have no fear of singing to large groups of people & do so quite well.

Moths!

I'm actually scared of bugs in general. However, moths are the worst for me. Their fuzzy (bugs should not be fuzzy!), and they spazz all over the place. So like during the warmer months when the porch light is on and I have to enter the house, I have to deal with them. They spazz so much that they hit me and it really bothers me... to the point that I will start shivering.

Definitely a phobia, by definition, I would say!

Really? I love fuzzy insects! They're cute! I love tarantulas too, 'cause they're fluffy! :D I can't stand non-fuzzy spiders, ew. They are so awkward. Anyways, I have a phobia of changing rooms, and anything that has to do with invading my privacy. I also have parendo-bronyaphobia, which I made up. It means I'm afraid of my parents finding out that I'm a brony.

Edited by Fireball Rush

Planes-

this more occurred more after I had some mental issues in my life and has been steadily getting worse for me-whenever I hear planes flying over head I start to get more and more erratic under the believe that we are all going to get bombed or the planes are going to crash onto us. No matter how logically I fight this my fear continues, lately its gotten to the point that I have to drown out the noise with my hands or make sounds/ put on music to stop myself from getting to panic attack/ irrational levels. Planes also pass my room regularly, low enough to be loud at times.

The dark-

I've always been scared of the dark. I do 180's though when I randomly can't stand being in the light and in fact will sit in the dark as much as I can away from the light, this switches around for me but the swaps are very, very rare. Normally it is the dark, I can be in the dark though when I'm normal, but it still discomforts me. In my better days I am totally un-phased and not bothered. The stability of this phobia is all over the place.

Internal drowning- Its one of my most dreaded fears, simply due to the sheer cruelty of such a death.

Chemical reaction (vomiting to death and violent chemical skin reaction)- I generally have chemophobia, some people have said they have social anxiety. I have that but my anxiety disorder is not connected to social instances but chemicals and smells induced by chemicals. The more stronger the smell along with spraying sounds the worse. Add signs of solvent warnings, harmful, killing and whatever else to amplify it.

Asylums- I'm a pretty stable guy overall despite whatever fears and issues I have, purely because I acknowledge those issues and take steps to counteract them rather than assign them to my personality  I see them as obstacles to be removed. Despite how this perception has served me well in tackling in whatever may come I have a fear of one day losing my head and getting sent to an asylum, sometimes I fear getting sent to one even if I am coping perfectly fine. I'd rather be in prison than one of those places, you are totally helpless in an asylum with no hope other than relying on the chance that those in charge of you are benevolent in nature. On top of this, I don't like taking drugs and if you are in an asylum this is a sort of essential routine.

Also heights. Typical reasons why. That being I can't fly nor survive high drops.

When I was a kid, I was deathly afraid of bees. It's gotten better as I've gotten older, but I still consider it a phobia.

Aphidaphobia, or something like that.

I also have a small fear of the dark, but this is really only induced if I hear something.

Nictaphobia, I believe.

These things:

daddylonglegs.jpg

These things:

508A10.jpg

Along with pretty much any insect, arachnid, bug and creepy-crawly. Ironically though, I also find arachnids beautiful.    

I also fear death.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Once upon a time I had a problem with bees, spiders, and heights. Three common phobias and all of which are encountered with some regularity by most people, except maybe heights.

They don't bother me anymore. Nothing really does because now I take the band-aid approach to everything. The more I find something disconcerting the faster I deal with it. I've found that it also alleviates discomfort in the long run when I have to face those things again.

I'm beginning to believe that I suffer from apiphobia. For those who don't know, that is the fear of bees. I don't know why, but they just scare me. Knowing that those little things are able to create huge amounts of pain, and maybe kill a man. *shivers*

Mine would be... (1) Getting shots, this is from when I was younger and a nurse messed up the shot and my arm hurt for weeks. (2) Being at heights where I could easily fall, if I was in a harness or something I would be fine (3) someone doing better than my best. (4) Having a bad death, like if I got lost in the mountains and starved to death. I would rather fly backwards through the Pearly Gates on fire. (5) Also Agrophobia, the fear of a large, empty space. If I was in a ginourmuous empty room I would probably flip my lid (censored version)

Edited by Dashie is best pony

Heights. Bees and wasps. ESPECIALLY WASPS -- one flew into my brother's apartment while I was alone once and I was so scared I locked it in his room and waiting until he came home so he could let it out. Death. Illness and germs. Chemicals. Snakes. Some spiders. Being followed on the street. Sometimes the dark.

Yyyep.

To be honest, I have this... UN-GODLY fear of bugs :blink:

It's pretty much to the point of even video game bugs like on Borderlands just makes my skin crawl just looking at them though, I am fine with the Varkids and Drifters...

It's the other bugs from the first game that really scare me :(