Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making my first OC... need name and cutie mark advice!

Sonata18

I wanted to make a beachy/ocean alicorn, so I got the colors and design from the pony generator.  I've been trying to make a vector cutie mark this morning.  I tried to do a wave type design with a shell or something in the middle... but it just didn't look right to me.  I put a cluster of shells together to and I think it looks more natural   What do you think?   I'm still trying to think of a name too...  

post-11430-0-95728100-1361118947_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

I like the fourth one, but be warned: Alicorn OC's are frowned upon. If she is sea related, I would make a plain unicorn. However, you could be a teensy bit more creative and ask for someone to draw her as a sea pony, I'm sure that would be original. For her name, why not Sea Breeze?

• Brohoof 2

I like the fourth one, but be warned: Alicorn OC's are frowned upon. If she is sea related, I would make a plain unicorn. However, you could be a teensy bit more creative and ask for someone to draw her as a sea pony, I'm sure that would be original. For her name, why not Sea Breeze?

I've never understood why people hate alicorns...  Oh well.  I'm really bad with creative writing, so I won't be using her for roleplays.  I just wanted a cute character.    

I want to try to make her have sea pony or dolphin tail... it's on my project list.  If I can't figure it out I would say that that she can swim underwater with her wings like a puffin, lol. 

hmmmm..... I did find a Seapony maker on deviantart.... 

post-11430-0-23611800-1361127647_thumb.png

I took it upon myself to draw Sea Breeze:

A646AAFA-E9B7-4CB5-94B0-644C87C3F960-113

Because doll creators just don't cut it for me, and the fact that I AM SO VERY VERY BORED

• Brohoof 1

I took it upon myself to draw Sea Breeze:

Because doll creators just don't cut it for me, and the fact that I AM SO VERY VERY BORED

Aww thanks!!!  I think I'll keep the name "Sea Breeze"  :lol:   Sorry you've been bored, but I kinda like the results of your boredom!  You are too nice!!! 

I really like both versions of Sea Breeze.  Let's say that she's a seapony goddess 80% of the time, but when wants to visit the land she can change herself into the alicorn version  :lol:    When I'm on vacation I'm always snorkeling and scuba diving, so a seapony works for me!

Edited by Sonata18

Glad you like it :)

I wouldn't include the changing into an Alicorn bit, though. Many times involving an Alicorn at the beginning of your Roleplay career can affect your ability to develop character. I mean, there is only 4 alicorns on the show, so why should there be hundreds in the fandom? They are very overpowered, just keep that in mind.

• Brohoof 1

As with the cutie, mark, I believe a mini version of these waves would be something to consider:

Ukiyo-e_zpsa2128f46.jpg

I thought that shells would be a bit too generic, so why not let her cutie mark display the immense power of the ocean?

Edited by Modphase

I think you should name her Starlight Seas, Ocean Sunset, or Ocean Sunrise, and I think you should put all the cutie marks together.  :D

Put all the cutie marks together?  Like have the wave with the shell cluster in the middle?  I really wanted to do something wave related

As with the cutie, mark, I believe a mini version of these waves would be something to consider:

img-1198401-1-Ukiyo-e_zpsa2128f46.jpg

I thought that shells would be a bit too generic, so why not let her cutie mark display the immense power of the ocean?

I do have a poster of the "Great Wave" at home.  I wanted a powerful cutie mark that was still feminine.  I'll try to whip something up in illustrator that looks more powerful for an option