Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight's transition to alicorn princess be permanent?

Commander_PonyShep

380 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilight's princesshood be temporary or permanent?

• Temporary
    • Permanent

I'm actually upset that the pace of change isn't quicker. I'm not saying physical or personality wise and I honestly don't care that she's grown and I'm happy with how they have her personality. But they need better explain her duties and I'm really worried that the next 4 episodes, by their names, won't do that at all. I mean Daring Do may not have known about Twilight and she's not Celestia, but she must know what a princess looks like and she didn't even acknowledge Twilight.

The moral of the show's finale could be "even though life takes you in different directions, it doesn't mean that you're not still friends."

Or they're just going to end the series without really addressing what Twilight is going to do for the rest of her life.  Cadence wasn't granted a kingdom while still a filly.

My take on the mane six is that only Fluttershy and AppleJack were really were they wanted to be in life at the beginning of the show.  Twilight was a student and I'm not quite sure she knew where she wanted to end up.  Rarity seems like she would rather move her business to Canterlot someday.  Rainbow Dash wanted to be a Wonderbolt, and I guess she's just waiting for a spot or it's a 'one weekend a month' thing.  I just sort of assumed that Pinkie was training to be a pastry chef because it was a job aligned with parties.

• 6 months later...

Don't forget, this was as much Twilight's friends' journey as much as it was Twilight's. By turning Twilight into a princess, they're also making her friends feel irrelevant, namely by leaving them who they still are while Twilight is the one getting a massive overhaul. I mean, what about Rainbow Dash's dream of becoming captain of the Wonderbolts, or Rarity's dream of becoming a world-famous fashion-designer? What about Fluttershy's kindness to her animals, or Applejack's hard, honest farm-work and family values? And let's not forget about Pinkie Pie and her unpredictable sense of humor.

When you're going to give a hero a group of companions, you need to give them as much significance as you can, aside from just helping out the hero (or doing nothing if you consider Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, and Yu-Gi-Oh's companion characters). And besides, I don't care about what the writers said about "keeping Twilight true to herself"; if they can lie about Derpy's disappearance (because she made an appearance for the S3 finale), then surely they might lie about Twilight "staying true to herself even as a princess."

The two-part S4 premiere isn't even out yet, either, so we don't know if the writers will stay true to their word and make Twilight "remain true to herself", let alone ditch the wings and title to be with her friends again.

I agree with you on this one, I was just watching the Season 3 season finale and, in a way it does kind of undermine her friends. I mean, they could've made them all princesses, or had them fulfill bigger dreams (or make it clear that that's what would happen later on).

Of course there was Twilight's little speech about how she couldn't have done it without her friends (as there is with every show pretty much), which was great, at least they got credit for helping her but, it still was odd that they didn't receive more credit somehow.

And, as we see now, it was indeed a permanent transformation. And,  I honestly think it was used decently. People were complaining about her going to have too many royal duties to attend to, so she wouldn't have time for her friends. And, no, that didn't happen at all. Of course, it kinda sucks she barely had any, but it's still better than her not being in the show. At least I think show. She is my  favorite pony, after all.

But the ironic thing is, now people are complaining about her doing nothing. Like, seriously, guys. Get your heads out of your plots, already.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Temporary, thank you very much. I think it's temporary because the transition was to get wings and then she turns into Princess Twilight Sparkle Who Can't Control Her Own Magic. And then her wing transition is done.