Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been banned?

Derpy Azusa

I was a co-administrator on a forum and was somehow banned. Basically imagine ~Chaotic Discord~ getting banned for some immature reason.

That was me.

That was me also, minus the ban.  The staff there assumed I would retaliate or something (although they did threaten account deletion if we went overboard with certain powers; oh well).

I've been banned from Star Trek Online fourms because I made a suggestion about how to make the game better. They said i was complaining.. I have been banned from Battlefield 3 servers and the reason for this is usually If you kill a server admin they ban you. The only time i deserved it was when i used the "Jihad Jeep" tactic. (place c4 all over a jeep then drive it into tanks or larger vehicles) I don't think that in "war" there are many rules. As long as you don't glitch the game i don't see why they put up so many rules.

• Brohoof 2

I was never really banned for good, but temporarily. When I had my old youtube account, it was designed after furries. No not the furfags where they're the nude pics or the sex (yiffing).

I had one background of a bunny girl and no, she wasn't clothed, but the pic didn't show her appendages, like her boobs weren't bare boobs, just a smooth tuff of fur and no genitals, it was just...nothing and it was an adorable pic, not trying to be sexy or sexual. And well...I was banned for some odd reason of the pic being too inappropriate, nudity, sexual...and yes she wasn't clothed, but she had nothing. It was blank and she wasn't doing NOTHING sexual, just standing there looking adorable.

But, that was temporarily. I got back on after 2 weeks.  

The only time I've ever been banned from a forum was when the forum was run by an absolute psycho.  (I'm actually not exaggerating.)  He had announced a new furry convention in his area, set up a site for it, then when one of my friends tried to ask him about some simple logistics, he got booted off the forum.  I went in to try to reason with the guy, and he not only banned me as well, he deleted the entire GROUP of forums (all the posts) having to do with the convention, then shut down the whole website two days later saying we didn't "deserve" a convention.  I was quick enough to grab a copy of the correspondence between us, though, and posted jokingly to my own LJ that I had managed to single-handedly kill a whole convention.  (The con never happened - nobody thought it would anyway.)

So... legitimately?  Nope, never been banned from anywhere.  Nowhere important, anyway - got booted out of a couple of IRC channels and such for disagreeing with the operators, but who cares about those?

Edited by Harvan
  • Brohoof 1

I was well banned/kicked from a Call of Duty Black Ops II lobby because, I left the game too early or before I even spawned I didn't move at all.

Sometimes, I question non-dedicated servers.

But, I was never banned from any forum or major things like that.

I've been banned a combined total of 17 days from the Escapist Magazine.com back when I got emotionally involved in debate Team Fortress 2 and my refusal to watch anime. I was a complete dork back then.

Never been banned from a game server, apart from the few times I went into a private server that had no password, or was ejected because I was AFK.

Edited by Blue

Nope, never; I always try to be civil and polite at the very least, if not outright friendly to anypony I meet on forums, and if somepony is acting really stupid or douchey, then I just try to avoid them.  Gotten a couple warning points on the MLP Forums before, but those were all on account of technical mistakes on my part, not any rude behavior towards anypony else.

I got a warning because a post i created contained the word "breeding"..... and it was a POKEMON forum.... Yeah if the games that your forum is based off use the word it shouldent be punishable to say it on your forum..... and besides the word breeding inst a bad word to begin with... 

• Brohoof 1

I have been banned if the forum/website isn't very good, I ask to be ban, or, I ban myself for fun if I get the power and I don't like the forum/website any longer.

I'm probably the only one who joins and then asks to be ban for fun XD

Edited by Jacob2Cl0wn

no, I've never been banned from nothing before, though I've been given warning points on this site  <_<

all my accounts are up to day and running :3

I was once banned, but it was only because I was underage. I came out and told the forum and asked the moderator there to ban me, so there was no hard feelings. Other than that, I'm the proverbial white knight on forums.

are you serious? you are too good to be true. If you find 5 dollars you would ask people for the owner?

Nope. I'm a goody-two shoes. I barely even get into arguments with other people, and when I do I try to keep it as civil as possible. I'm usually pretty mindful of the rules of a place and I try to be as respectful of other people as I can even when they're being @#@$@#%$s.

Dang, you really do remind me of me.  I have never been banned either.  You're one of my bestest Brony buddies ever, DF, but I'll be honest.  You're no fun!  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

are you serious? you are too good to be true. If you find 5 dollars you would ask people for the owner?

Wow, weird you bring that up.

A couple of years ago my mom and I were in the grocery store. I saw an elderly couple in front of us drop a $5 bill on the ground. I ran over and grabbed the bill and tapped the woman on the shoulder. She turned around and was very surprised that I didn't keep it for myself, so she gave me a dollar in return as thanks. 

Freakin' moral upbringing...I could've made $5.  :lol:

• Brohoof 4

The closest that has ever happened to me ever getting banned, are a forum with a bunch of ass holes that "Wanted" me to be banned. I did nothing wrong, I don't even remember why they disliked me. But, a lot of people seemed to call me names and what not and wish that I got banned, I left on my own free will. I have never been outright banned on a site. I am pretty much a goody two shoes who doesn't like to fight with anyone. And I am a preety easy going guy, if I am on a site where there's a certain amount of tension and people criticizing me, I will leave on my own free will.

Wow, weird you bring that up.

A couple of years ago my mom and I were in the grocery store. I saw an elderly couple in front of us drop a $5 bill on the ground. I ran over and grabbed the bill and tapped the woman on the shoulder. She turned around and was very surprised that I didn't keep it for myself, so she gave me a dollar in return as thanks. 

Freakin' moral upbringing...I could've made $5.  :lol:

YOU DIDN'T KEEP THE 5 DOLLARS?

joking aside, that's not what I meant, I would have returned the 5$ too, but I said if you don't know the owner of the money would you be so gullible to look and ask random people for the owner of that money? (taking into consideration that 5$ is not that much money)

Edited by Sparkity

YOU DIDN'T KEEP THE 5 DOLLARS?

img-1185179-1-Shock%20and%20Awe.jpg

joking aside, that's not what I meant, I would have returned the 5$ too, but I said if you don't know the owner of the money would you be so gullible to look and ask random people for the owner of that money? (taking into consideration that 5$ is not that much money)

Oh, hey, I see what you mean now.

If it was somewhere busy with many people, I'd give it to the nearest shopkeeper and tell them I found it. If there was a very few people in the area, I'd ask around if it was anyone's money.

I already get more than enough money from my parents, so $5 isn't worth the negative karma I'd get.

Oh, hey, I see what you mean now.

If it was somewhere busy with many people, I'd give it to the nearest shopkeeper and tell them I found it. If there was a very few people in the area, I'd ask around if it was anyone's money.

I already get more than enough money from my parents, so $5 isn't worth the negative karma I'd get.

In that case, I would take the money, and I consider myself to be very honest. It's impossible to trust strangers, I'm sure no one would tell you, "no kid, these 5$ are not mine".

Just be careful, you shouldn't be so good. But that's for another chapter of the book haha  :lol:  good talk :)

I had one account banned on YouTube because of a false copyright complaint, I was banned from Yahoo Answers, and I don't remember why. I got banned from Sega Forums for pissing off a moderator who wasn't treating me fairly, and when I called him out on it, he started messing with me, so I screwed with him for a little until I got banned by another mod. And I've accidentally banned myself twice--on the same forum...

I was somehow "unbanned" when Sega moved to vBulletin, but I never use that account anymore, and I've since created another account on YouTube.

Edited by Kapi

What's the difference between a suspension and a ban?

Anyway, I've never actually gotten myself banned, but I've been permabanned from this one forum that shall go unnamed. Here's why: My friend made an account on an IP address I had used before, and spammed the shit out of this one thread. Somehow, the mods linked it back to me, and permabanned both accounts. I never actually did anything.

I emailed the Admin an appeal, but of course I never heard back. So then get this: I started my OWN forum. But it sucked shit through a straw because it was on a free domain, and after like 2 weeks, I deleted it. That's when I found this place, and I think you know the rest.

Oh yeah, and I've been warned on 4chan for spamming moot's name.

As a matter of fact yes, I've been banned countless times from some free online FPS games for aimbotting, wallhacking, spamming, crashing rooms and OPKing.

Next I've once flooded an entire forum with millions of trollface pictures, got perma IP banned from the forum within 20 minutes...

Also, I've been banned from another forum for reviving 100+ dead old threads simultaneously (made half of the community rage really hard)

I've been perma banned from some CoD4 servers for grievous behaviour, particularly zombie mod servers. E.g. glitching, cursing, stucking the server by glitching, using aimbot and wallhacks, pissing of the owner and admins of the server, blocking the doors for an entire team and more...

And at last, I've been banned for botting on Runescape (twice actually), got stuck for 11 hours in a random event LOL

So yeah... I'm a guy who gets banned often hehe.

DAMN SON! Edited by Betez

I have only ever been banned from a forum once, and let me tell you, the events that led up to my banning weren't pretty... Let's just say, I used to be a mod, then an Admin for the site, I eventually developed a distaste towards the forum Founder, a distaste I could not place at all, as we both got on very well in the past, and it suddenly turned to hatred. (This was before I became a Brony, mind you all.) Every chance I got, before the mods there got a hold of me and banned me, I had a right go towards him. The final nail on the coffin was telling him what he could do with himself and his ... fetishes... and of what I would do with his grave, yeah... Very grim, eventually, the staff member who did get a hold of me, was him, funnily enough and I was perma-banned, well, at least for three years, then just 5 months back, I returned, created a new account and apologised to him, from the heart, the other staff, who were there at the time knew what I did, were close to lifting the ban-hammer for the multi-account, but decided to leave it to the Founder, as the message I left on the forums was for him, and after 24 hours of the post being up, he read it and unbanned me, as well as merging my two accounts together.

One thing came from this, as I learned a deep moral, no matter how badly you ended a relationship, it can never hurt to try and mend it, no matter the terms you ended on.

Beyond that, I've not been on forums long enough to develop an interest in the community, nor did I post much, as I was scared I would get too into the forum and turn back into that, you could say I've become forum-shy since.

Here's hoping I break that with this, and remain kind and true, eh?

• Brohoof 1

I got banned at least twenty times on Newgrounds for posting pony pictures, once I was even banned for having a pony in my signature there.

I have only ever been banned from a forum once, and let me tell you, the events that led up to my banning weren't pretty... Let's just say, I used to be a mod, then an Admin for the site, I eventually developed a distaste towards the forum Founder, a distaste I could not place at all, as we both got on very well in the past, and it suddenly turned to hatred. (This was before I became a Brony, mind you all.) Every chance I got, before the mods there got a hold of me and banned me, I had a right go towards him. The final nail on the coffin was telling him what he could do with himself and his ... fetishes... and of what I would do with his grave, yeah... Very grim, eventually, the staff member who did get a hold of me, was him, funnily enough and I was perma-banned, well, at least for three years, then just 5 months back, I returned, created a new account and apologised to him, from the heart, the other staff, who were there at the time knew what I did, were close to lifting the ban-hammer for the multi-account, but decided to leave it to the Founder, as the message I left on the forums was for him, and after 24 hours of the post being up, he read it and unbanned me, as well as merging my two accounts together.

One thing came from this, as I learned a deep moral, no matter how badly you ended a relationship, it can never hurt to try and mend it, no matter the terms you ended on.

Beyond that, I've not been on forums long enough to develop an interest in the community, nor did I post much, as I was scared I would get too into the forum and turn back into that, you could say I've become forum-shy since.

Here's hoping I break that with this, and remain kind and true, eh?

I learned the same moral when I basically got banned for telling an Admin to go  kill themselves because they falsely accused me of plagarising my best work as well as talking down to the users, and even breaking the rules they are supposed to uphold themselves. I suppose the moral I learned is "No matter how right you are, give up". I wrote out six paragraphs explaining why they were a horrible admin with all of my thoughtfullness and received a permaban in kind, even though I was one of the founding members of the site.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I have gotten banned from a site and I've been suspended for 2 days on a forum. Nothing more than that. I've gotten a bunch of warnings on a few forums too

I probably would've been banned from the Apple Discussion Forum for asking why OS X lacks certain functionality that exists in other operating systems and questioning the responses I was given but I realized the pointlessness of it and stopped posting there of my own accord.

How come I couldn't install that retail copy of OSX on a computer that was released that's a few months more modern?

"Changes to the graphics hardware"

yeah, because a system installer needs to use all the latest and greatest features of the video card  <_< riiight. Over-engineered pieces of @#$% (not to offend Mac users -- I think they're generally great systems but they aren't without their issues and i'm still bitter)

Oh let me see, Iv been baned from... Minecraft servers, battlefield 3 servers, minecraft server websights, tf2 servers, and a shit tone more games and websights...

Except the minecraft server websights, they only tryed to ban me, sure my account was baned, but they were noobs and didnt ban my IP, so I just kept making new accounts and spammed there sight! It's awesome!