Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been banned?

Derpy Azusa

I've been banned from plenty of things. I've gotten banned from at least 2 forums, countless minecraft and gmod servers, runescape, and club penguin. I got banned from runescape and club penguin for messing with the little ones (it's so fun!).

I've gotten banned from minecraft servers for using hacked clients, griefing, saying innapropriate things, and being a complete douche.

The gmod servers were because of prop killing, random arrests, rdm, stalking, camera spamming, mic spamming, annoying admins, not letting people do that, and much more. Oh how I love trolling in gmod.

Alas, it's the way of a troll to get banned a lot. But it is so worth it. B)

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I think staff abuse their power or listen to people that lie. I try to follow every rule and thanks everyone for sharing your stories ^_^ it seems as I'm not the only one :)

It's not even rules that I saw that happening.  I had to work alongside staff that weren't entirely truthful when they applied (in one case I approved the guy seemed to be perfect but once staff changed his tune and was garnished with the most complaints out of any staff member; still there today) and even to this day the ranking I feel is best on how well they can talk to the inactive Founder more than they can do their role.  As for power abuse...Thinking about that makes my head spin.

I have only ever been banned from a forum once, and let me tell you, the events that led up to my banning weren't pretty... Let's just say, I used to be a mod, then an Admin for the site, I eventually developed a distaste towards the forum Founder, a distaste I could not place at all, as we both got on very well in the past, and it suddenly turned to hatred. (This was before I became a Brony, mind you all.) Every chance I got, before the mods there got a hold of me and banned me, I had a right go towards him. The final nail on the coffin was telling him what he could do with himself and his ... fetishes... and of what I would do with his grave, yeah... Very grim, eventually, the staff member who did get a hold of me, was him, funnily enough and I was perma-banned, well, at least for three years, then just 5 months back, I returned, created a new account and apologised to him, from the heart, the other staff, who were there at the time knew what I did, were close to lifting the ban-hammer for the multi-account, but decided to leave it to the Founder, as the message I left on the forums was for him, and after 24 hours of the post being up, he read it and unbanned me, as well as merging my two accounts together.

One thing came from this, as I learned a deep moral, no matter how badly you ended a relationship, it can never hurt to try and mend it, no matter the terms you ended on.

Beyond that, I've not been on forums long enough to develop an interest in the community, nor did I post much, as I was scared I would get too into the forum and turn back into that, you could say I've become forum-shy since.

Here's hoping I break that with this, and remain kind and true, eh?

The site I was staff on was a brony site.  I'm glad you're able to make amends because that is not something I can do (and the extent of the damage; including the destruction of the original site is not repairable).  Sadly my beef was with every staff member who was brought on because they were best friends with other staff; which is half the team.

I got banned at least twenty times on Newgrounds for posting pony pictures, once I was even banned for having a pony in my signature there.

I learned the same moral when I basically got banned for telling an Admin to go  kill themselves because they

falsely accused me of plagarising my best work as well as talking down to the users, and even breaking the rules they are supposed to uphold themselves. I suppose the moral I learned is "No matter how right you are, give up". I wrote out six paragraphs explaining why they were a horrible admin with all of my thoughtfullness and received a permaban in kind, even though I was one of the founding members of the site.

He who makes the gold makes the rules.  Even though I've donated a bit to the site I was on I left it saying nothing since I'm at the point that ignorance is bliss.

• Brohoof 1

GAH -_- Immaturity adding to my ban story 

So a few days ago I was banned from a forum (Not disclosing the site) at first only my user account but then cause a friend wanted her account closed but couldn't get on the site I logged in to post a request now my IP is banned so then I access it from the library as a guest and I saw that 2 topics were posted one was asking why I was banned but then the second one was a posts telling why I was banned. Mind you I broke no rule some person decided they wanted to report me as a fake person and the admin banned me for it. It's not bad enough the site bans me for a report that is way out of line but then to have a member posting about it ya that ticks me off. I seriously do not get why people are so immature. People truly need to grow up I swear. 

If I wiere to disclose the site I was on it would show up under the searches and chaos would ensure.  I still have I think 4 staff members that periodically scan my accounts there to make sure I keep in line.

The only thing that's ever happened to me was that I got a warning on here. Other than that, I've been a good boy.

I did take a hiatus from a forum about 4 years ago because I was getting some shit from other users. But they had good reason cause I was a douchy teenage boy. When I came back to said forum the users actually said they missed me and welcomed me with open arms. weird. Sorry I'm not more of a badass folks! 

Same here that's why I keep it private I don't need people messing with any of my other accounts cause knowing the person that reported it he would do the same thing again. I just don't get why people are so immature 

I get banned from Battlefield 3 servers all the time.   The most recent one was because I was MVP on my team and did better than the admin. :/ (Spoiled brat)

Just want to throw out there if you didn't already know that Dice stated that if admins, even from custom owned servers, can be reported for mis-abusing their powers now and can have their "ban/kick" powers taken away. I honestly like it a lot. 

---

BF3 is where I am banned most, because I rustled some admin's jimmies with my awesome skills. I have also been banned from punkbuster on Warrock, which angered me greatly since I didn't do anything wrong and back at the time gamersfirst support team didn't even know what they were talking about....

But as for websites, I haven't gotten banned from any, I don't think rules aren't to hard to follow and if I don't like them I just leave.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I get myself in a lot of trouble with websites. One of which I had about 4 temp bans recorded on, and about 5-10 warnings to follow with it.

I think I was 11-12 years old when that happened. Quite a naughty boy I was back then, getting myself into some pretty bad trouble even irl.

Minecraft servers I like to troll around sometimes and get myself banned there, but occasionally if I like the server then I try to keep myself to a minimum. Mabye I might get a kick or a temp ban here and there, but nothing much after that.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, i did get banned on games/sites.

I did got banned on a online mmporg game for hacking.

I did get bans on ROBLOX for mutiple reasons. They werent long, often 1 week or few days. (i dont play this game today as often as i did before because of the horrible updates and bad community)

I did get my old account perma-banned on freesteam.org (a forum.) for whatsoevereason

I did got banned on facepunch.com (a forum and it's a garrysmod one)

I did got banned on some minecraft servers.

I did also got banned in a Garrys Mod Server.

And i got a applejack account banned/removed on facebook.

That's what i can remember.

Edited by JeanMich02

Eeeeeeeeeeeenope. :P Never got banned, never got suspended, never got warned & all that shiz.

I got banned on April Fools day from an irc channel and a forum, but those aren't really legit bans. :P All in all, I do have a clean record and a halo on my head. 0:)

• Brohoof 1

I'm clean.

Never been warned for anything I've done online. Mostly because I'm respectful and don't call people out even if I disagree with them online. If I find the person annoying I just stop posting in that thread to avoid the topic with them. Though still I talk to them in other threads, just not the one where its no point.

I've gotten numerous temp band on 4chan, a permaban on 420chan, 111chan and 7chan.

A temp ban and a few severe warnings on GameFAQs.

A few bans on TF2 servers for trolling and/or having a pony avatar. Also, a ban on a minecraft server after an internal war between management. I wasn't staff at the time, but I was good friends with the tech admin. He coded the entire thing himself, but the guy who actually owned the server didn't like him for some reason. He tried to kick him out, but he and most of the other admins fought back. The owner banned all of them and started posting their personal information on his website, so my friend hacked into the server and wiped it, then took control of the website and removed all their personal info. I got banned as well, since I was friends with the guy.

• Brohoof 5

The owner banned all of them and started posting their personal information on his website

I never understood the need for staff of an online unpaid venture to even need personal information from staff.  Then again my IP goes to a node 45 miles from where I live; go figure.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been officially banned from websites, usually because the community uses me for artistic purposes but I can't seem to contain myself when I see people behaving less than ideally. *cough* noobs, brats and the like *cough*

yea, i have been banned from a site. here is the funny thing. I was the site owner, and mutiny occured. they banned me, removed my rank, and threw me out of the clan. I canceled my credit card and the site fell apart.

That's just messed up that's why you never give someone full access xD cause they can screw you over I learned that myself when some one decided to delete my admin I canceled it as quick as I could. 

That's just messed up that's why you never give someone full access xD cause they can screw you over I learned that myself when some one decided to delete my admin I canceled it as quick as I could. 

Some people can be silly enough to forget their password to their backend or make it easy to guess.  I've seen that happen once already.

About a year ago, there was massive drama on this forum I went to. In the moment of confusion and drama I was stupid enough to write some pretty dumb stuff - as was hundreds of other people. I, and many others were banned from the site.

Fortunately, I and a few others were unbanned again within a day partly due to my high activity there (which has since dwindled, to say the least) and partly due to the staff's understanding of the frustration many users felt. The forum was never the same after that day and many people left in anger.

So yes, I have been banned - though only briefly :)

I have not been banned, but then again, I've only ever had four online accounts that I've ever been really active on (Youtube, fanfiction.net, here, and another forum).  I got a warning here once for disobeying the character limit, but that's it so far (it was in my first week or two here, and I hadn't read the rules carefully enough to see that acknowledging the character limit is equal to disobeying it).

I got banned from a forum for calling the head admin on the phone, and calling him a complete D-bag.... Hey its not my fault he was a complete D-bag..... its also not my fault he posted his phone number on his profile page.