Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been banned?

Derpy Azusa

Yup I've been banned on tons of games and websites usually nothing too serious though.

My first ban was for a death threat on a little kids game xD

I got banned from a forum for calling the head admin on the phone, and calling him a complete D-bag.... Hey its not my fault he was a complete D-bag..... its also not my fault he posted his phone number on his profile page.

Non offenense but if you are calling up the owner of a website and you call him a d bag, it's not too surprising you'll get banned.

Edited by Crazy Misty

I've gotten numerous temp band on 4chan

I feel your pain. ;_;

I've been banned a few times on 4chan, but for stupid things like shitposting and spam. But it was fun shitposting, so I think it was worth it. I was also banned on 7chan once, and I thought it was permanent, but I guess it wasn't.

There was one forum I was temp banned from, but I think that was for blatant rule breaking. Not sure which one, though.

I only recently got warnings on this site :T

Well....I've come close to getting banned on certain places

But never have I been banned

I've gotten warning points on another forum that I go to

But other than that there isn't really anything else to say

As for what I've been banned from in real life

I really don't know, I've been banned from things

As a punishment, but I've never been actually banned

In a way meaning prohibited from visiting a certain public area

I guess I'm good, but not exactly innocent

No, never. I'm that typical "good girl" when it comes to behavior. Both at home, at school and on the internet. In discussions in real life I can sound a bit too confident and mean If I'm passioned about the particular subject, though. My voice can sound like I despise the person I talk to, even if I'm trying really hard not to sound like that. But I can't get banned from real life, can I? Well, except if someone kills me, but I don't sound that mean, hah.

However, no, not banned from any site.

Edited by Shaky Novel

I've never been banned from anywhere, I'm a good to shoes I guess, on forums, websites, games, school, you name it :P.

I was warned once on the minecraft forums, but it was for something really dumb, I don't even remember what it was lol. and the warning points went away and stuff after a little bit.

I still freaked out and don't like the feeling. So yeah I tend to stay good and stick to the rules.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, let me recap on some of the networks I've been on.

No warnings/bans on here.

No warnings/bans on Facebook.

No warnings/bans on Youtube.

One warning on Neopets, but I was like 8 at the time.

I got banned from a random Minecraft server because I thought it was PVP.

I think my most severe case was when I went on Club Penguin just to mess around, and without thinking said the word "bitch" in a crowded pizza restaurant. Stupid move :3

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

I was a co-administrator on a forum and was somehow banned. Basically imagine ~Chaotic Discord~ getting banned for some immature reason.

That was me.

Feld0: Hey CD guess wat

CD: Hmmm?

Feld0: lolbanned cuz you do too much

--

I don't use game servers, and as if I'd ever do something that warranted being banned from something in person. That just leaves message boards, really. I've been on over seven of them, most of them Sonic. I...don't think I ever have been banned, unless I'm forgetting some small time forum I wasn't on for very long. I used to be very immature and such years back when I was fifteen or so, but even then, my anxiety would have kept me from doing anything that warranted being modded upon xD

Ironically, of the seven or so forums I've ever been on, only four of them have I ever been truly active on. I was staff of three of those, with this one being the latest. The other forums I only joined from boredom, and then I never really became active in the first place, or only remained active for a few days.

Long story short, no.

• Brohoof 2

I've never been banned from anything, unless football games count.  I was warned on Habbo but that was a LONG LONG time ago.  ( I still don't know what it was for.)

What's the difference between a suspension and a ban?

A lot of people use them as interchangeable synonyms for each other, however, how I've always used them is 'suspension' means temporary, and 'banned' means permanent. Not unlike the school process. You get suspended for a couple days for being a twit, whereas you get expelled if you go over the top. Replace 'expelled' with 'banned', and you've got the message board equivalent.

• Brohoof 4

I've been banned on a few forums and game servers for a number of reasons (some justified, some not) over the last decade and a half. My behavior on the internet has improved dramatically in the last couple years. :V

• Brohoof 3

Feld0: Hey CD guess wat

CD: Hmmm?

Feld0: lolbanned cuz you do too much

^Gotta love these posts.

Anyways I have been banned from a gmod bhop server for "scripting and hacking" when I was just bhopping like a pro normal person.

Also I was banned from Maplestory...

At least I can log back into Maple on 99/99/9999! :D

• Brohoof 1

Plenty of times, here.

But in all seriousness, no. I don't think I have...  :huh:

I have gotten a few warnings here, though they were all for bypassing the character minimum. :P

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 1

Gotten banned on Wajas before.

Also got suspended twice on Warrior Cat Forums (I hang around there rarely, but only in the off topic discussions) first was a moderator's mistake, second was for posting hashtags.

Okay, the hashtags were for a chatroom, and leading members offsite is against the rules, I admit.

Oh, also got banned on Club Penguin for a while for running around while yelling "RETARDS"

I was 8, okay?  -_-

Edited by Lunatia

I've played a game called Roblox since June 2008. Back when I had severe behavior problems on the internet, specifically in 2011, I ended up getting myself banned for a week there. A few weeks, or months later, I did something much worse and got the worst punishment other than a permanent ban: a 14 day ban. That pretty much made me wake up and realize that I didn't want to be barred from playing that game and using its accompanying website forever, so I cleaned up my act. I was banned for more minor things a few times before and after that.

Since then, I have come along way not just in internet civility but in maturity in general, and I am now a good member of their community. Certain staff members even wanted or considered hiring me as a moderator, even though their policy is to only hire adults. I also own a group there with over 3,000 members that I have owned for almost a year now (after being in it for a few years beforehand) dedicated to encouraging helpfulness and kindness both on the internet and in real life.

It just goes to show that anyone can change, no matter what they've done. I went from almost being permanently banned to being told by a veteran staff member that I would make an excellent moderator there. It means a lot to me, both because I have a great sentimental attachment to Roblox for various reasons, and also because Roblox is a very large website, with tens of millions of user accounts. They reached the milestone of 100,000 concurrent users several months ago, and if I remember correctly they have over a million unique logins per month. The fact that I was considered, and even hoped for by one as a staff member by two of their veteran staff members is a tremendous compliment.

I was banned on the same minecraft server twice unless I count the time my friend kicks me out of his creative servers but with both of those it got a bit dull for my taste.

Usually though I try to follow the rules and stay out of trouble.

I wonder if @Feld0's ever been banned before. Man, I guess you really haven't lived on the internet if you haven't gotten banned from somewhere on it before. I thought the majority of people have never been banned. I guess I was wrong.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 2

As far as i know, I've only been banned from around 3-4 forums.

I've been banned from around 5 C:SS servers and 40+ Black ops 1 servers (roughly 20 of those on day of release >.<)

I deserved the bans for the forums tbh but the server bans are always false accusations of cheating, i prestiged on Black ops 1 on day of release (first 100 on PC in the world) which means that i got banned from loads of servers.

A lot of people are talking about warnings too.  I have never been banned or suspended, but I have received warnings in the past.  This was years ago.  I would use Philly talk with people on line and I would type words like "sh1t" to get past the profanity filter.  I also used words like "faggot" because, well, that's the kind of word that was tossed out at anybody that was just saying or doing dumb stuff.  Of course I learned that word is very offensive to many people, for obvious reasons, so I don't use it any more.  And I never resort to racial or ethnic epithets.  If someone is being an asshole, call him an asshole!  No need to bring race, gender, or orientation into it. 

I've never been banned from anywhere. I've rarely ever received warnings as well, and those warnings were only on really strict forums, and for silly things.

With that, it's pretty hard for me to understand how others have got banned so many times. It's like, what does somebody have to do to get banned even once? Seems to be like you have to be trying... Unless you're dealing with bad staff. Even so, I've dealt with bad staff and never ended up being banned.

Edited by Envy

how come ever time I read this title "Have you ever been banned?" it reads "You have been banned" and  a slight panic hits me ever time with "really not again".

and then it takes a few seconds to relizes its a thread name and the panic feeling sub-sides... gets me ever time.

• Brohoof 1