Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hypnotisim

Budding Night

So, I was just scrolling around on the MLP Forums, Like Usual, and a thought came across my mind..

So like the title said, How is Hypnotisim for everyone else? No certain questions, Just a thread to discuss hypnotisim :P

I Personally, Find it easy to hypnotise someone asleep or in a trance, I seem to have a very good way with words in people minds and ears when I speak.

Does that sound creepy? That sounds alittle creepy :lol:

personally I haven't found somebody who can hypnotize me which kinda sucks cause I wanna see what it's like :( But I also haven't cared enough to really dig deep into it. I do think it's cool though

Well, I'm still a little undecided about the whole thing. On one hand we usually are able to remember things more clearly (or perhaps be suggested of things more easily) when we're in a relaxed, sleep-like state, but on the other hand, there is the possibility that people are just fulfilling expectations when they go under and it really doesn't have anything to do with the hypnotist.

One one hand, I've seen hypnotist displays, and those people really do seem to be under the hypnotist's suggestion. Hypnotism is also considered a valuable tool for a few branches of psychology. So it's clear that there might be grounds of it's plausibility.

However, there have been cases where hypnotism has been proven false. Most of the time, when asked to remember birthdays, they birthday they describe is false with the patient drawing up on heuristics about what their birthdays are like or adding details that photo evidence proves false. There's also the story about a girl who was hypnotized and while under she tells a story about how her father raped her and then gave her a coat hanger abortion. Of course the father was put in jail and stayed there for years until someone finally told everyone that not only does she show no signs of a coat hanger abortion, she was still a virgin. But the story was believed because under the Freudian belief, hypnotism is a way at getting at repressed memories and subconscious traumas. But now that the story has been proven false, people are now saying that she was just doing what the hypnotist was expecting her to do. So it's clear that there are grounds to call the whole thing false.

Considering all I know about hypnotism, I really don't know what to think about it.

I used to be terrified of it (nearly phobia level)

Then I started joining in on the whole pony hypnotism thing, its quite fun and relaxing and so far I have neither heard any tales of danger (apart from some guy on a tulpa website, talk about hypocracy) nor experienced any myself, it has however allowed me to harness parts of my personality not usually as used.

personally I haven't found somebody who can hypnotize me which kinda sucks cause I wanna see what it's like :( But I also haven't cared enough to really dig deep into it. I do think it's cool though

Do it youself! The pony hypno thread is floating around somewhere (will link if you ask me to) and I can also link you several good inductions (putting one in a trance) which don't put any particularly significant programming in.

For some strange reason i don't know why but I am unhypnotizable. While others say its worked it just hasn't for me. I've tried all kinds of hypnosis videos and none of them work. I guess I just have a stronger mind.

For some strange reason i don't know why but I am unhypnotizable. While others say its worked it just hasn't for me. I've tried all kinds of hypnosis videos and none of them work. I guess I just have a stronger mind.

It only works if you believe it will. It works BECAUSE you believe it will. The placebo is the effect.

That being said, perhaps you are trying the wrong kind of induction. Some inductions just don't work for some people.

i have a hard time believing it works, ive tried it once,but nothing ever happened, i think people are just faking it and trolling, but thats just me, i want to try it again, but it just seems like itll never work.

Ho boy, I can tell you it aint trolling. It will work if you let it, what did you do the first time?

It only works if you believe it will. It works BECAUSE you believe it will. The placebo is the effect.

That being said, perhaps you are trying the wrong kind of induction. Some inductions just don't work for some people.

Ho boy, I can tell you it aint trolling. It will work if you let it, what did you do the first time?

it was just to get me into a hypnotic state but it didnt work, it just  i dunno, i want it to work, but it just dosent, i dont know why.

I don't honk I've ever been hypnotized before. Sure, I've been tricked into doing things before, but I don't consider that hypnotism. I honestly don't believe you can actually "Hypnotise" someone. But I've been wrong before...

it was just to get me into a hypnotic state but it didnt work, it just  i dunno, i want it to work, but it just dosent, i dont know why.

You probably tried the wrong kind of induction, I find some inductions just don't work for me, whether there are a few (like the 7 +/- 2) which work extremely well for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?agv8wwwgo12a6an

Thats the 7 +/- 2. Just get really comfortable and listen to it with decent headphones, I find following the instructions works best. Its nothing but an induction, no programming, but if it freaks you a little listen to to fully conscious first.

Other than that try to remove as much distraction as possible. Getting comfortable to avoid physical discomfort, going to the toilet beforehand if needed, avoiding bright light and/or loud noises (do it somewhere dark and quiet if possible)

Its literally just putting you in a trance, also commonly known as "zoning out" or a meditative state (they are the same thing)

There are many different forms of hypnotism and everyone has different susceptibilites to it. In addition to that, a lot of it depends on your mindset when you're going into it: it doesn't take much to break the trance, and a lot of people find it difficult or non-intuitive to clear their thoughts. It has to be done with a very open mind: if you go into it already knowing that it won't work, or if you go into it with the desire of proving it wrong, then it will never work. You have to roll with it.

That being said, you only tried it once, and it didn't work. Hell, I did everything properly and it didn't work very well either: the only thing that happened was getting relaxed and only slightly feeling like a pony.

• Brohoof 1

There are many different forms of hypnotism and everyone has different susceptibilites to it. In addition to that, a lot of it depends on your mindset when you're going into it: it doesn't take much to break the trance, and a lot of people find it difficult or non-intuitive to clear their thoughts. It has to be done with a very open mind: if you go into it already knowing that it won't work, or if you go into it with the desire of proving it wrong, then it will never work. You have to roll with it.

That being said, you only tried it once, and it didn't work. Hell, I did everything properly and it didn't work very well either: the only thing that happened was getting relaxed and only slightly feeling like a pony.

when the hell did you become such an expert on this? i dont remember you ever saying anything about it before, when the hell did you get into it,

when the hell did you become such an expert on this? i dont remember you ever saying anything about it before, when the hell did you get into it,

I know psychology. Meditation, tulpa making, and hypnotism aren't very far removed from each other, and they're very psychological in nature.

And I can tell you're in a foul mood today, so I'll give you some space.

I'd have to agree. As a masters level counselor who is working on hypno certs I would say you have it pretty darn right. I cannot wait until my certification is done...although I need tons of cash to get there but that's another story

point is...right on what you said here