Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A meeting with Death

Count Paradox

OOC Topic:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/49568-a-meeting-with-death/

Paradox sat at the inn's tavern, hoping against hope that others would show up. He had sent out fliers about his cause, hoofing them out, pasting them on buildings, and even paying pegasi to spread them over the towns they flew over as they passed. He did not want to go alone on his journey, it was too dangerous, for he was going to go challenge... Death himself.

It had happened about a year ago, ponies would bury their dead loved ones, only to see them springing back out like daisies, craving for living flesh. It started in the north, near the Crystal Empire, but slowly spread it's way south, finally encompassing all of Equestria in it's deathly grip. And then... He came.

Death showed up six months after the corpses started reanimating, saying that he was to take control of the living now and that they call him their new leader. Many were too afraid to fight him, so they simply bowed down. However, there were those who would fight. Paradox being one of them.

So here he sits, waiting for anypony to show up and help him in his quest.

Edited by ~Discordian Paradox~
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Lost Knowledge trotted into the tavern and scanned the room, looking for whoever it was that had been hoofing out fliers. Seeing him sitting at a table by himself, Lost Knowledge walked over and sat down across from him.

"My name is Lost Knowledge. I'm here about the fliers." 

• Brohoof 1

Moonbeam was walking through the fog and cold night air, her soft, steamy breath appearing before her with every exhale. She had heard about a mysterious stranger who was going on some sort of adventure to deal with the whole Death issue. She figured she might as well offer her help. Even if she couldn't do anything, she was up anyway, so why not at least meet this Paradox fellow?

She was lost in thought about all of this, when, suddenly, she bumped her head on something hard. She looked up to see the heavy, oaken door of the inn. She pushed open the door and walked up to the two stallions sitting at the tavern, sitting down beside them and taking out her notebook and a feather quill.

"So, are you Paradox?" she asked dreamily, leaving it vague who exactly she was addressing..

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Lost Knowledge trotted into the tavern and scanned the room, looking for whoever it was that had been hoofing out fliers. Seeing him sitting at a table by himself, Lost Knowledge walked over and sat down across from him.

"My name is Lost Knowledge. I'm here about the fliers." 

Wow, somepony actually came... "Hello there, I'm Paradox. Pleasure to meet you!" He stuck out his hoof for the other pony to shake. "Ah, yes, the fliers... Well, it was the only way to ask ponies to help short of fillynapping them!" He let out a loud laugh. "Ah, I kid! But seriously, we have a major problem. Death is..." But then, Dox was interuppted by something that sounded like the coo of a dove.

Moonbeam was walking through the fog and cold night air, her soft, steamy breath appearing before her with every exhale. She had heard about a mysterious stranger who was going on some sort of adventure to deal with the whole Death issue. She figured she might as well offer her help. Even if she couldn't do anything, she was up anyway, so why not at least meet this Paradox fellow?

She was lost in thought about all of this, when, suddenly, she bumped her head on something hard. She looked up to see the heavy, oaken door of the inn. She pushed open the door and walked up to the two stallions sitting at the tavern, sitting down beside them and taking out her notebook and a feather quill.

"So, are you Paradox?" she asked dreamily, leaving it vague who exactly she was addressing..

"Why, yes, I am. And who might you be?" He raised an eyebrow, intrigued that another pony had showed up looking for him.

• Brohoof 1

"My...my name is Moonbeam. I live over by the Everfree Forest. I saw your flier, and I thought I'd see if you needed any help. I...I  know I don't look like much, but, you know what they say! 'Don't judge a book by its cover!'" she said cheerfully.

She turned to the other stranger and asked inquisitively, "Who are you, by the way?"

Edited by MelancholicMemory

(OOC: Yep...typical first post.)

A hooded figure slowly made their way out of the dark Everfree forest. she stopped for a moment and checked her surroundings for any sign of danger before moving towards the small town of Ponyville.

*I just wanna stay at my garden and hide...I am sure there are other ponies who have seen the flier. So they wont need me. No, I must help any way I can.* She thought, walking into the town towards the tavern.

Arrow pushed open the door leading into the tavern and walked in. She scanned the room with her strangely reptilian eyes and moved towards the bar. She sat down and ordered a water, watching three ponies chatting at a table across the room. But instead of walking over she stayed quiet.

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

"My...my name is Moonbeam. I live over by the Everfree Forest. I saw your flier, and I thought I'd see if you needed any help. I...I  know I don't look like much, but, you know what they say! 'Don't judge a book by its cover!'" she said cheerfully.

She turned to the other stranger and asked inquisitively, "Who are you, by the way?"

"Oh, well, the more the merrier! And I'll take all the help I can possibly get, believe me!"

(OOC: Yep...typical first post.)

A hooded figure slowly made their way out of the dark Everfree forest. she stopped for a moment and checked her surroundings for any sign of danger before moving towards the small town of Ponyville.

*I just wanna stay at my garden and hide...I am sure there are other ponies who have seen the flier. So they wont need me. No, I must help any way I can.* She thought, walking into the town towards the tavern.

Arrow pushed open the door leading into the tavern and walked in. She scanned the room with her strangely reptilian eyes and moved towards the bar. She sat down and ordered a water, watching three ponies chatting at a table across the room. But instead of walking over she stayed quiet.

Dox noticed the figure wlk into the tavern. He wondered if it was another pony looking for him, but...

@@MelancholicMemory,

Lost Knowledge looked over at the new arrival at their table.

"Me? I'm Lost Knowledge. Professor Lost Knowledge, if you want to be official. You can just call me Lost, though. I'm glad someone else answered the fliers. It would have felt kind of awkward if it was just me.

"Oh, wow, a professor? Then you'll be pretty helpful in finding out what's what on our journey, like animals and plants!"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Moonbeam chuckled at the thought of the two stallions just sitting alone awkwardly. "So, you're a professor? How wonderful! You must be really smart! What do you teach?" she asked in a calm, yet cheerful manner, and a sheepish grin. Out of the corner of her eye, Moonbeam vaguely noticed someone sit at a table on the other side of the room.

"Oh, well, the more the merrier! And I'll take all the help I can possibly get, believe me!"

Dox noticed the figure wlk into the tavern. He wondered if it was another pony looking for him, but...

"Oh, wow, a professor? Then you'll be pretty helpful in finding out what's what on our journey, like animals and plants!"

Arrow's ear's perked up at the word 'Plants'.

She stood up and slowly walked towards the group. "Uh...You don't happen to be the one who sent all the fliers around...or are you ? Because...well, that's why i'm here." She said. Then she realized she may have interrupted. "Oop's...i'm sorry for interrupting." She said.

Arrow's ear's perked up at the word 'Plants'.

She stood up and slowly walked towards the group. "Uh...You don't happen to be the one who sent all the fliers around...or are you ? Because...well, that's why i'm here." She said. Then she realized she may have interrupted. "Oop's...i'm sorry for interrupting." She said.

"Um, why... Yes, I am. Who might you be?" Paradox was very interested in this new addition to the group, she seemed s... Interesting. "Oh, it's no problem at all, really, we were just talking and waiting for more ponies to hopefully show up." He looked around hoping to see more walking in.

"Um, why... Yes, I am. Who might you be?" Paradox was very interested in this new addition to the group, she seemed s... Interesting. "Oh, it's no problem at all, really, we were just talking and waiting for more ponies to hopefully show up." He looked around hoping to see more walking in.

"Oh...ok. I'm Arrowleaf (Mow appow fwittew ?) I found a flier in my garden the other day...I mean, it probably landed somewhere else but it seem's like my garden wanted me to know abo- I uh...I saw your flier and decided to come." She said, blushing and sipping some of her water.

What do you teach?

"I teach Archaeology and mythology. I specialize in things pertaining to magical artifacts and the like. So you can see why this is something that I'm definitely interested in. You don't need a PhD to know that this sort of thing doesn't exactly happen very often." 

Nightfall walked in slowly. Considering the whole deal with alicorns being strange and nearly shunned, he wasn't sure how he would be welcomed, if he would be welcomed at all. He walked slowly over towards a group that seemed to be forming, standing just outside, not wanting to interrupt.

@@Nightfall,

Arrow sat down at the end of the table and fiddled with her hooves, occasionally sipping her water, until she noticed a tall blue...Alicorn ? *An Alicorn ? What would he be-Arrow, remember how much you hate being stared at." She thought, quickly looking away from the blue pony as if she had never noticed.

• Brohoof 1

Paradox sat listening to the conversations around him, happy that some ponies had finally showed up, including what seemed to be an alicorn in recent moments. He clapped his hooves to get everyponies attention. "Ok, I'd like to start this meeting by thanking each and every one of you for showing up. This journey will be dangerous, you all know that, and you still came. I thank you." He smiles at everypony. "Now, I take it everypony knows the very important reason we're here, yes? We need to destroy Death."

• Brohoof 1

Paradox sat listening to the conversations around him, happy that some ponies had finally showed up, including what seemed to be an alicorn in recent moments. He clapped his hooves to get everyponies attention. "Ok, I'd like to start this meeting by thanking each and every one of you for showing up. This journey will be dangerous, you all know that, and you still came. I thank you." He smiles at everypony. "Now, I take it everypony knows the very important reason we're here, yes? We need to destroy Death."

Arrow slowly raised her hoof into the air. "Um...about that. What happens after we kill death, will somepony take over death's job or something ? Because I would guess that after death dies...well, no pony else would die. Maybe i'm wrong." She blushed and sipped her water. 

"Yes, actually... After Death's, er... Death, somepony will have to take over for him. And legends say that whoever kills him will have to do so, and that's why..." He stands up tall and proud. "That's why I was planning on doing this, to save somepony else from having that fate."

• Brohoof 2

Shade woke up early after a bunch of crumpled paper got dumped in the dumpster she was sleeping in... She reads a flier... And desided that she's better off dead anyways... She burns the smell off her and she makes sure she's not in her changeling forum and walks off.

She walked to the inn and asks "is there a paradox around here?"

Paradox looks over and sees a black mare standing in the doorway, looking for him. "I'm over here!" He said through the ever growing throng of ponies. He waved her over and said, "I'm just explaining some of the details of our trip, glad you could join us." He smiled.

Shade sat down and waited for the details to come... She didnt know what to expect, but she was just waiting to know what to do, because there's only so much information you can get from a bunch of crumpled up paper.

"So what's really going on? And why do you need ponies?" She asked...

Chamois raced towards the area where quite a number of ponies were waiting.  Her saddle bag bounced lightly against her sides.  "I'm late!" she called loudly to them.  "Am I late?"  Chamois trips slightly as she's running.  She ignores that and skids to a stop as she reaches them.  She heaves and then composes herself.  She straightens up.  "I...am I late?" she asks again.

Chamois didn't really know why she would want to mix with such a ridiculous thing.  It just seemed to call for her.  Things called to her often, and she learned not to ignore them.  Or maybe she just needed a bit of excitement in this boring little reality.

Well, actually, she wasn't sure if it was reality anymore.  Completely ridiculous.

But, whatever.

Shade sat down and waited for the details to come... She didnt know what to expect, but she was just waiting to know what to do, because there's only so much information you can get from a bunch of crumpled up paper.

"So what's really going on? And why do you need ponies?" She asked...

"Well, I'll start explaining in a moment, it seems that a new member has arrived!"

Chamois raced towards the area where quite a number of ponies were waiting.  Her saddle bag bounced lightly against her sides.  "I'm late!" she called loudly to them.  "Am I late?"  Chamois trips slightly as she's running.  She ignores that and skids to a stop as she reaches them.  She heaves and then composes herself.  She straightens up.  "I...am I late?" she asks again.

Chamois didn't really know why she would want to mix with such a ridiculous thing.  It just seemed to call for her.  Things called to her often, and she learned not to ignore them.  Or maybe she just needed a bit of excitement in this boring little reality.

Well, actually, she wasn't sure if it was reality anymore.  Completely ridiculous.

But, whatever.

"No, no, you're not late! Right on time, actually, I was just about to start explaining things, just like I told this pony over here." He pointed to Shade. "Well, I believe I'll start with the basics. But first, we need to close off the doors and windows. We don't need Death's messengers overhearing us on this dark night..." His horn glows grey, and all of the windows and doors shut soundlessly. "Now, Death came half a year ago, no? He said he had the utmost hatred for the living and their ways, how they were so carefree while he was stuck to usher the dead into their next world. Anypony who accepted him as their new leader was spared. Anypony who didn't.... Was met with his whordes of undead and never heard from again. My father went with a small group, about three ponies, and he had disappeared. That was three months ago. I doubt I'll ever see him again, but I want to finish what he started, I want to get rid of Death once and for all, and save the peaceful land we once knew as Equestria. But..." He looked around at everypony. "I cannot do it alone. I'm afraid I'm just not strong enough to handle this threat on my own. That is why I asked others to aid me in my journey. If I have more comrades in my group, it will be easier to weaken Death's forces and defeat him for good."

• Brohoof 1

As all of the new ponies joined them, Moonbeam shied away. She wasn't used to such a big group, and it made her really nervous. She fiddled with her feather quill, absent-mindedly writing down lines on her paper occasionally. Finally, when Paradox had finished explaining the situation, she spoke up in a soft, hesitant fashion.

"So...what's the plan? How will we defeat Death himself?"

As all of the new ponies joined them, Moonbeam shied away. She wasn't used to such a big group, and it made her really nervous. She fiddled with her feather quill, absent-mindedly writing down lines on her paper occasionally. Finally, when Paradox had finished explaining the situation, she spoke up in a soft, hesitant fashion.

"So...what's the plan? How will we defeat Death himself?"

"Well, there is a legendary weapon, a sword, which lay in the center of the Changeling Kingdom. The thing is, though... They have joined forces with Death, so we will not having an easy time getting it. That will be the actual first leg of the journey, getting that sword from them."