Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A meeting with Death

Count Paradox

"Well, there is a legendary weapon, a sword, which lay in the center of the Changeling Kingdom. The thing is, though... They have joined forces with Death, so we will not having an easy time getting it. That will be the actual first leg of the journey, getting that sword from them."

"So we're just your guards? Are we just throw-aways?"

The first time he had spoken. He looked around, glaring.

"And what does this sword do, exactly? Are we to use it? And, finally," he added in a condescending tone, "what is the plan one getting in there? Straight on charge in?"

Moonbeam suddenly spoke up again, this time with more confidence. "We can go through the Everfree Forest! Even the changelings are terrified of it. I can get us through it safely, right into the heart of the Changeling Empire. From there, Paradox can guide us to the sword. Right?"

"So we're just your guards? Are we just throw-aways?"

The first time he had spoken. He looked around, glaring.

"And what does this sword do, exactly? Are we to use it? And, finally," he added in a condescending tone, "what is the plan one getting in there? Straight on charge in?"

"No, you are in no way my guards! You are key members in helping get rid of this hell that has befallen Equestria, each and every one of you has something great that you caan bring along on this journey. Some of you may be good at surveillance, others finding safe ground for protection against the dead." Dox could tell that he and this pony would be butting heads often. "And this is no normal sword. A normal sword has no apparent effect on Death, it will not harm him. But this sword, it came up from the underworld with him, and is rumored to be able to kill him. That may be the only reason he's keeping it so far away from himself." He glared right back at the pony. "And, fr your information, MISTER ALICORN, there is no way a straight attack would work. The gates to his domain in the far north are heavily guarded, there is no way we could get through. But, there is another way..."

"No, you are in no way my guards! You are key members in helping get rid of this hell that has befallen Equestria, each and every one of you has something great that you caan bring along on this journey. Some of you may be good at surveillance, others finding safe ground for protection against the dead." Dox could tell that he and this pony would be butting heads often. "And this is no normal sword. A normal sword has no apparent effect on Death, it will not harm him. But this sword, it came up from the underworld with him, and is rumored to be able to kill him. That may be the only reason he's keeping it so far away from himself." He glared right back at the pony. "And, fr your information, MISTER ALICORN, there is no way a straight attack would work. The gates to his domain in the far north are heavily guarded, there is no way we could get through. But, there is another way..."

"Hey! I have a name, Paradox!"

He stood up with his hooves on the table and snorted.

"But with the lack of information outfront means I can't trust you with it. So gives all the information you can, and maybe then I'll be fully sold on going. If not... well, let's just say I've considered siding with death."

Moonbeam suddenly spoke up again, this time with more confidence. "We can go through the Everfree Forest! Even the changelings are terrified of it. I can get us through it safely, right into the heart of the Changeling Empire. From there, Paradox can guide us to the sword. Right?"

Paradox was a bit suprised when Moonbeam piped up. "Hmmm, I never knew that changelings feared the Everfree... I beliee you do have a good idea there, miss! If what you ay is true, we can get into the Changeling Kingdom, confiscate the sword from their clutches, and escape without being noticed!"

"Hey! I have a name, Paradox!"

He stood up with his hooves on the table and snorted.

"But with the lack of information outfront means I can't trust you with it. So gives all the information you can, and maybe then I'll be fully sold on going. If not... well, let's just say I've considered siding with death."

Dox snorted right back. "Then if that's been your feelings, why should I risk trusting you? Why shoud I allow you to accompany us if you have even given a moment's thought to joining Death? It it I who should be wary of you, you make a convincing case for me to have the barhand throw you out."

• Brohoof 1

Paradox was a bit suprised when Moonbeam piped up. "Hmmm, I never knew that changelings feared the Everfree... I beliee you do have a good idea there, miss! If what you ay is true, we can get into the Changeling Kingdom, confiscate the sword from their clutches, and escape without being noticed!"

Dox snorted right back. "Then if that's been your feelings, why should I risk trusting you? Why shoud I allow you to accompany us if you have even given a moment's thought to joining Death? It it I who should be wary of you, you make a convincing case for me to have the barhand throw you out."

"I've considered, only because there wasn't a quest like this one. I came, selfishly I admit, for hope. But right now, a small force invading a kingdom with a large, terrible army, isn't very hopeful."

He heard a soft spoken mare voice out an option. He snorted.

"I'll go with that. But you gotta promise me a good fighting position."

"I've considered, only because there wasn't a quest like this one. I came, selfishly I admit, for hope. But right now, a small force invading a kingdom with a large, terrible army, isn't very hopeful."

He heard a soft spoken mare voice out an option. He snorted.

"I'll go with that. But you gotta promise me a good fighting position."

Dox eyed the alicorn curiously. Should he risk trusting him? Well, he had no choice, he needed all of the help that he could indeed get. "Ok, fine, I'll give you a good fighting position, but it depends on what you're good at. Tell me, what type of fighting skills do you have?"

• Brohoof 1

Dox eyed the alicorn curiously. Should he risk trusting him? Well, he had no choice, he needed all of the help that he could indeed get. "Ok, fine, I'll give you a good fighting position, but it depends on what you're good at. Tell me, what type of fighting skills do you have?"

"Close range. I prefer using a couple of swords than magic spells to kill. Just give me a good position so I won't have to kill anyone here in the group to get one. I will do that if necessary."

Nightfall wasn't afraid of a fight, but he wouldn't really kill anyone in the group.

"Close range. I prefer using a couple of swords than magic spells to kill. Just give me a good position so I won't have to kill anyone here in the group to get one. I will do that if necessary."

Nightfall wasn't afraid of a fight, but he wouldn't really kill anyone in the group.

Do nodded. "Fine, fine, you can be hed of the pack. That means you will be at the very front, leading off attacks and battles. I don't want to see you hurting anypony in this group. Understood?" He turned back to the rest of the group. "Now, as I was saying, there is..." Dox stopped, his ears perking up. He heard something moving out side of the tavern. Lurching. "We need to leave... Now!"

• Brohoof 1

Shade stayed in the back... She didnt care what would happen, but she was getting hungery, so if she has the chance she would feed on the ponies... But she would probably need to wait untill there on the road.

Shade waited for the ponies to leave... She would follow.

Arrow stayed quiet as the ponies around her argued. But as Dox stood up and said they needed to leave she felt...scared. *No, don't be scared, you have a garden in the everfree forest and you feed timber wolves. Just relax now.* She thought, taking a deep breath and standing up.

• Brohoof 1

Moonbeam heard the loud lurching noise and threw all her things in her bag before picking it up and slinging it over her back. She stood up just as Paradox called out that they had to leave, walking between Shade and Arrow. Her mind rushed with panicked thoughts. Where can we go? Should we make a break for the forest? What's coming after us? Is anything coming for us?

Arrow stayed quiet as the ponies around her argued. But as Dox stood up and said they needed to leave she felt...scared. *No, don't be scared, you have a garden in the everfree forest and you feed timber wolves. Just relax now.* She thought, taking a deep breath and standing up.

Moonbeam heard the loud lurching noise and threw all her things in her bag before picking it up and slinging it over her back. She stood up just as Paradox called out that they had to leave, walking between Shade and Arrow. Her mind rushed with panicked thoughts. Where can we go? Should we make a break for the forest? What's coming after us? Is anything coming for us?

Dox walked to the window and opened it just a crack. Great... Walkers... Just what we needed at a time like this... "Ok, everypony, we need to exit through the back of the tavern, Taps here," He said, pointing at the barpony, "Will hold them off for us as we escape. Don't worry, he's trained to teleport away as soon as we get out or if they surround him. Now, after we get out, head to the edge of the Everfree Forest. We'll regroup there and continue on. Does everypony understand?"

• Brohoof 2

"so, all we got to do is regroup at the everfree? i can do that... il see you guys there"

shade made her horn appear and she teleported away to the everfree forest, once she got there she made her horn disappear and she waited at the everfree for the other ponies.

Arrow nodded at Dox. "I understand. Dox, we need to talk alone when we're safe...I need a word with you."  She said, putting on the hood of her cloak and moving towards the back door. *So Paradox is going to become the new death...look's like I may have somepony to talk too for many years to come.* She thought, opening the back door and sticking her head out to make sure there were no walkers.

After making sure it was safe, she spread her leaflike wings and flew towards the everfree forest.

Arrow nodded at Dox. "I understand. Dox, we need to talk alone when we're safe...I need a word with you."  She said, putting on the hood of her cloak and moving towards the back door. *So Paradox is going to become the new death...look's like I may have somepony to talk too for many years to come.* She thought, opening the back door and sticking her head out to make sure there were no walkers.

After making sure it was safe, she spread her leaflike wings and flew towards the everfree forest.

Dox nodded and watched her take off. He started running at top speed out of the door, with the others following him and spreading out so that the dead could not capture them. There was a section of the Everfree that was closer, and he ran right to it, diving in between two trees. He got up and dusted himself off, looking around for everypony else.

@,

Moonbeam walked out the back door and ran straight into the depths of the Everfree Forest, where the murky depths and terrifying creatures served as her sword and shield.  From there, she made her way to the rendezvous spot, rather nonchalantly, walking in a similar manner to how she arrived at the inn in the first place. Through the tree-line, she saw Arrow flying above. Eventually, she found Shade waiting alone at the meeting spot. She approached her and introduced herself.

"Hi, you're Shade right? We didn't get a chance to become acquainted back at the inn. My name is Moonbeam."

@@MelancholicMemory,

@,

Arrow flew down towards the ground and landed next to Moonbeam and Shade. "Hello." She said, folding up her wings before either of them would notice. "Um...i'm Arrowleaf." She said, looking around the forest. *Heh...my garden isn't that far away from here.* She thought.

shade remained quiet, she didnt want to speak to the ponies for 2 reasons, she didnt want to make friends with food, and she was shy to talk to other ponies.

she was only here to feed on love, not to make friends or help with this quest, but she might as well make herself useful.

• Brohoof 1

Paradox walked along the very edges of the forest to the meeting spot. He saw a few of the others had already gotten there, including the one who wanted to talk to him. He looked out and saw the others slowly closing in on the site. Good, we're almost all regrouped then. He made his way to the ponies in the meeting area.

• Brohoof 1

Moonbeam was kind of disappointed that Shade was ignoring her. She wondered why this stranger was being so cold. She'd have to pay particular attention to her.

"Oh, hi Arrowleaf," Moonbeam said, turning to face her, much more cheerfully. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Moonbeam. Umm...I hope you don't mind me asking, but...what exactly are you? I've never seen a pony like you."

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1

Paradox walked up. "Ok, so, at least we're almost all regrouped." He took off the saddlebag that he had been wearing and dropped it onto the floor, rummaging around in it for his map of Equestria. "Hmm, where did I... no, that's not... Ah, here it is!" He grabs it and pulls it out.

Paradox walked up. "Ok, so, at least we're almost all regrouped." He took off the saddlebag that he had been wearing and dropped it onto the floor, rummaging around in it for his map of Equestria. "Hmm, where did I... no, that's not... Ah, here it is!" He grabs it and pulls it out.

shade remained quiet, she didnt want to speak to the ponies for 2 reasons, she didnt want to make friends with food, and she was shy to talk to other ponies.

she was only here to feed on love, not to make friends or help with this quest, but she might as well make herself useful.

Moonbeam was kind of disappointed that Shade was ignoring her. She wondered why this stranger was being so cold. She'd have to pay particular attention to her.

"Oh, hi Arrowleaf," Moonbeam said, turning to face her, much more cheerfully. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Moonbeam. Umm...I hope you don't mind me asking, but...what exactly are you? I've never seen a pony like you."

Arrow's eyes widened slightly. "Um...I suppose we will be traveling together for quite some time...I don't usually just say it but...i'm not really a pony. I'm a dryad." She said, blushing slightly.

"Hello Paradox." She said, happy for something else to talk about, and that's when she noticed Shade. Her eyes widened even more but she didn't say anything. *She's not a pony.*

• Brohoof 1

Arrow's eyes widened slightly. "Um...I suppose we will be traveling together for quite some time...I don't usually just say it but...i'm not really a pony. I'm a dryad." She said, blushing slightly.

"Hello Paradox." She said, happy for something else to talk about, and that's when she noticed Shade. Her eyes widened even more but she didn't say anything. *She's not a pony.*

"Oh, um, hello Arrowleaf. Are you really a... Dryad? That's rather interesting! Does that mean you can easily communicate with nature?" He overlooked the parts of her that he could see weren't covered by the cloak. She did seem to be made of some type of plant.

• Brohoof 2

"Oh, um, hello Arrowleaf. Are you really a... Dryad? That's rather interesting! Does that mean you can easily communicate with nature?" He overlooked the parts of her that he could see weren't covered by the cloak. She did seem to be made of some type of plant.

Arrow nodded. "Mmhm. That's actually why I wanted to talk to you...Now it doesn't really need to be said in private but. You said you would be taking over death's job...well, I am one thousand four hundred years old...most of those years I spent asleep. But I just wanted to tell you that...there could be someone out there who may Want death's job...and you don't have to be the one to become death. And if you do. You are welcome to come to my garden for tea any time." She said, giving him a warm smile.

• Brohoof 1