Twilight Sparkle ✨

66 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

They are not raw the cider machine heats the apples so they are softer so its better on the mechanism so its not raw its cooked, its a bit like beef and go!

I'll still pass! I don't want to include pigeon and squirrel frappe' in my diet!

lumpy? hell it was stoney, literally!

I'll pass on the stoney aspect too! Besides, I read that eating apple seeds is a serious no-no! Apple seeds contain amygdalin, a CYANIDE and sugar compound! I'm glad that the ponies who tried that nasty brew spit it out in Flim and Flam's faces! We could have had Equestria's first murder investigation!

yeah but you'd have to eat a lot of seeds to get an unhealthy dose, trust me you've had trace amounts of cyanide in some of your food, it is unavoidable as a naturally occuring compound in many foods, but the amount is insanely tiny. no i'm not sure exactly how much is in the apple seeds but i am certain that it is not a terribly worrisome amount or it'd be on the news a bit more often.

• Brohoof 1

yeah but you'd have to eat a lot of seeds to get an unhealthy dose, trust me you've had trace amounts of cyanide in some of your food, it is unavoidable as a naturally occuring compound in many foods, but the amount is insanely tiny. no i'm not sure exactly how much is in the apple seeds but i am certain that it is not a terribly worrisome amount or it'd be on the news a bit more often.

But I'm talking about a whole tree's worth of apples being processed seeds and all! That's gotta be bad for you!

but how much by percent is seeds? in the apple alone the seeds would be what? 3-5% maybe? add a whole tree + foliage and some dirt and the typical resulting cup of mulch is going to have far greater nutritional concerns resulting from crushed timber and soil than from trace volumes of amygdalin in far less than 1% of the volume, upset stomach is going to be the greatest extent of health concerns i'd worry about resulting from the mulch-cider.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I like this episode, pretty good compared to other episodes of other tv shows like this where another guy comes in with a lower quality item but more of it, while this one has another computer with quality but switches it off.

I decided to memorize the words to the song one day..... It hasnt' left my head since... :angry:

Same, well you got opportunity in this here re-community, hes flim hes flam were the world famous flim brothers, traveling ponies....

Edited by caesar15

• 4 weeks later...

Was that Samuel Vincent as one of the Flim Flam brothers? I could almost swear that one of them was voiced by him.

Loved Applejack's letter to Princess Celestia. It actually describes the show pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...

By FAR my favorite episode thus far. This ep. is a giant reference to one of my favorite musical, The Music Man. The similarities between the Flim Flam brother's song and "trouble" from the play are pretty obvious. Also, it's one of my absolute favorite songs from the whole series. Everything about this episode is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok. Please tell me I'm not the only one who had that song ing my head every time they appeared:

Though I'm surprised that they actually kept continuity intact in that episode.

S1: Applejack learns to accept friends' help.

This episode: Apple accept friends' help.

I thought this show liked beating continuity with an aluminum bat like when trains went from being pulled by ponies to being steam powered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The song from this episode is still my favourite song. Even though Bad Seed just came out. I still think this song is amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

As much as the Flim Flam Brothers annoyed the crap out of me, I have to say their song was really catchy.

I also loved it when Twilight stepped in to help Applejack with the contest, and the lesson learned....

Dear Princess Celestia,

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you,

I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING :lol:

Best. Lesson. Ever

Edited by ~ds8~
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

After the Flim Flam Bros. started sucking up whole trees and making cider out of THEM, I started saying, "Hey, maybe they should have a TASTE test instead of a cider-making test!"