Twilight Sparkle ✨

66 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The Flim Flam brothers were awesome villains!

So does this make alcohol canon?

As for Doctor Whooves, this doesn't prove anything, he's still a Time Lord.

There is non-alcoholic cider, you know?

The Flim Flam brothers were awesome villains!

There is non-alcoholic cider, you know?

Besides, wouldn't Pinkie Pie get wasted drinking all that cider if it was alcoholic?

Edited by Slendermane

Whelp, I'm going to be eating my hat. Or I would be if I had been silly enough to say something to that effect before. Luckily I wasn't.

Still, that was a pretty funny episode overall. The instant those two brothers showed up I was calling for a Barbershop Quartet style acapella song, and that's exactly what we got. I'm not sure how often I'd listen to it on my own time...but then I wasn't sure about Becoming Popular or Find a Pet when I first heard them either, and both of those songs have since stayed on my playlist.

I especially like that the Apple Family didn't win the actual contest despite their extra effort. It was a nice touch, since it allowed the Flim Flam brothers to turn their own trickery onto their own faces.

Other neat little things I noticed: apparently bits are divided into cents, probably 100 cents per bit. One of the brothers mentions the "Kingdom of Canterlot" which lends a juicy bit of evidence for my concept of how Equestria works, that being that it's a Holy Roman Empire type state under a central authority.

And of course, the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 is our first example of an automobile, proving that they can indeed exist in Equestria. We'd pretty much already figured that, but it's nice to have the evidence directly, right?

Also, for all of our European and elsewhere viewers, here in the United States, cider is explicitely non-alcoholic unless stated otherwise, where it is referred to as hard cider. Because the show is made and produced in the United States, various terms such as cider carry their American meanings. So unfortunately, Pinkie wasn't getting drunk.

I say unfortunately because drunk Pinkie would be hilarious beyond belief.

• Brohoof 2

Woodchuck and Strongbow for everypony!! Unless you're under 21. Then "NO DEAL" - Big Macintosh

Posted ImagePosted Image

Crap, I'm 18, can't drink cider yet, but I have some good ole apple juice (It says apple cider on the jug)

xD I loved it when Berry Punch got her share of cider. She seemed so happy, it made me laugh.

I also laughed at Granny just before she accepted the challenge.

Oh yeah, Applejack's letter. I laughed at that as well <3.

LAUGHLAUGHLAUGH.

Why are all the Applejack episodes so good?

Also, for all of our European and elsewhere viewers, here in the United States, cider is explicitely non-alcoholic unless stated otherwise, where it is referred to as hard cider.

All right, now I'm convinced it wasn't alcohol.

Whelp, I'm going to be eating my hat. Or I would be if I had been silly enough to say something to that effect before. Luckily I wasn't.

Still, that was a pretty funny episode overall. The instant those two brothers showed up I was calling for a Barbershop Quartet style acapella song, and that's exactly what we got. I'm not sure how often I'd listen to it on my own time...but then I wasn't sure about Becoming Popular or Find a Pet when I first heard them either, and both of those songs have since stayed on my playlist.

I especially like that the Apple Family didn't win the actual contest despite their extra effort. It was a nice touch, since it allowed the Flim Flam brothers to turn their own trickery onto their own faces.

Other neat little things I noticed: apparently bits are divided into cents, probably 100 cents per bit. One of the brothers mentions the "Kingdom of Canterlot" which lends a juicy bit of evidence for my concept of how Equestria works, that being that it's a Holy Roman Empire type state under a central authority.

And of course, the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 is our first example of an automobile, proving that they can indeed exist in Equestria. We'd pretty much already figured that, but it's nice to have the evidence directly, right?

Also, for all of our European and elsewhere viewers, here in the United States, cider is explicitely non-alcoholic unless stated otherwise, where it is referred to as hard cider. Because the show is made and produced in the United States, various terms such as cider carry their American meanings. So unfortunately, Pinkie wasn't getting drunk.

I say unfortunately because drunk Pinkie would be hilarious beyond belief.

Good points. A good example of technology, but I don't think they have automobiles yet. (maybe soon, but not yet invented. They still use carriages.)

Also the prefix (or suffix) cent means 100. As in 100 cents in a dollar. Also percent, as in 100 parts of a whole, and 20% is 20/100 or 1/5th of the whole.

Edited by Slendermane

I totally didn't hear what AJ wrote in her letter, anypony remember what she said? Everyone is like "the best part of the episode" and I missed it :/

Something like I didn't learn anything. What I was saying before was right. Hard work and integrity pay off in the end. Trust your friends and yourself. Something like that. I need to see it again before I have it memorized.

• Brohoof 2

All right, now I'm convinced it wasn't alcohol.

Good good. I know it's a tricky subject to understand since it's all based in cultural viewpoints...I kept seeing arguments about it on the EQ Daily comments everytime a post was made about this episode prior to it coming out.

Good points. A good example of technology, but I don't think they have automobiles yet. (maybe soon, but not yet invented. They still use carriages.)

Well, they have the technology for it for sure. Remember the cranes from Mysterious Mare Do Well? So I wasn't too surprised to see an automobile here. I've been expecting one for a long time now. I'm just surprised it took so long.

Also the prefix (or suffix) cent means 100. As in 100 cents in a dollar. Also percent, as in 100 parts of a whole, and 20% is 20/100 or 1/5th of the whole.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm just tired so I derped a bit in my post.

Such a great episode.

I loved the steampunk vibe from the Flim Flam brothers and their machine!

I loved that Berry Punch was always around when they were drinking the cider... whether that was intentional or not! :P

Such a great episode.

I loved the steampunk vibe from the Flim Flam brothers and their machine!

I loved that Berry Punch was always around when they were drinking the cider... whether that was intentional or not! :P

Oooh I think it was intentional at this point. After Derpy being named and voiced for last week, and combined with Doctor Whooves as the time counter, it was DEFINITELY intentional on the part of Studio B.

I liked the second half of this episode. But the song seemed to be put in just to fill the 20 minutes, and the tune drowned out the words they sang and spoke during that time. So I'm not even sure what they sang.

First off, can I say that I have many memes to make off this episode. Secondly, I really liked that they brought steampunk into the show for once. Third, Fluttershy and RD at the beginning was really cute. And lastly, Rainbow Dash's crying 2 episodes in a row is torture to me. :(

Edited by Zero

First off, can I say that I have many memes to make off this episode. Secondly, I really liked that they brought steampunk into the show for once. Third, Fluttershy and RD at the beginning was really cute. And lastly, Rainbow Dash's crying 2 episodes in a row is torture to me. :(

This is not the first time we've seen steampunk. For example, in Feeling Pinkie Keen, the device that Twilight hooks Pinkie up to has a steam whistle on it.

Though you have a point on poor Dashie crying. Watching her stuff dirt into her mouth was simultaneously hilarious and heart-breaking.

Amazing I say, I say amazing.

There was cider, non-alcoholic cider but hinted at that they may make some version of Hard cider due to the stein cups they used.

Capitalism at its finest, a quality product should defeat any product made solely to outnumber the competitor in the same field.

Letter by AJ made me laugh, curse you AJ and your truthfulness.

Lastly I guess this cider thing is their Black Friday/ Ipod release or whatnot.