66 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Flim & Flam kind of reminded me of Fred and George [Harry Potter] xD

Also it reminded me of Sweeney Todd somewhat. In the scene when they are competing to make the most cider.

Flim & Flam don't care about quality, they just want to win and make a show [Pirelli]

Apple Family work hard and win in the end ^^ [sweeney Todd]

0.o I never noticed that. Very well done sir. :D

Also are there two Doctor Whooves?

Skip to 8:40

[One is beside Fluttershy and the other in front of the brothers]

Haha, we have proof that Doctor Whooves is a Time Lord.

Whelp, this was basically an amazing episode. MLP: FiM Season 1 was good, but I'm amazed at how much better Season 2 is! There are more references to popular culture and to the adult fandom, the writing is much better, they're getting more willing to break the mould a bit (e.g. not having a moral to learn from at the end, focusing more on the entertainment than being an "acceptable show for little girls"), and no less than three Rarity episodes so far!

I still think this season needs more Rarity (though I'm of the opinion that Rarity should be the main character, and the show should be renamed "My Little Pony: Rarity is Fabulous"), but it's definitely getting better with each episode and this episode was no exception. The ending alone was enough to propel Applejack to best-second-best-pony in my eyes! :D

As soon as I saw this scene, here's what came to my mind:

Posted Image

I am proud to be the first person to make this on the internet.

Now help me come up with some good captions for it.

Edited by Zero
  • Brohoof 2

Bon Bon y u no keep your voice the same ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

...and how many times are the animators gonna recycle that clip with ponies standing online infront of Sweet Apple Acres.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

I still think this season needs more Rarity (though I'm of the opinion that Rarity should be the main character, and the show should be renamed "My Little Pony: Rarity is Fabulous"), but it's definitely getting better with each episode and this episode was no exception.

This idea is simply fabulous. :)

But unlikely to happen I'm afraid.

"Dear Princess Celestia, I wanted to share my thoughts with you. *Eh hem*

I didn't learn ANYTHING! I was right all along!"

Episode was worth that quote xD

To be honest this episode wasn't memorable in that it wasn't very adventurous, didn't have much emotional impact, song was a little lame, and honestly it seemed a little crazy that everypony was so crazy over alcohol.

Like I already knew Pinkie Pie would be addicted to several different substances at once (not all legal), but the ENTIRE of Ponyville crazy over cider? Fluttershy too? I always imaged Fluttershy as hitting the floor after a sip of lager, and I always assumed Rainbow Dash lived on a diet of pure protein shakes. And lol, Twilight drinking? Isn't she a bit...bookish for that? And Rarity is awfully classy for cider, I could understand her drinking (she does have mental breakdowns all the time after all) but I was thinking more along the lines of whiskey and wine.

But it was a very funny episode, and Pinkie Pie cried. I always count that as a +1 since Pinkie crying is one of the few things that make me laugh and cry at the same time.

At least now we know what Doctor Whooves does for a living xD

Edited by Indigo

I'm afrade I have to agree with flim and flam. Thay should have been competers and sold High volume low qualty cider cheap. and the apple's could sell high qualty low volume cider. flim and flam for the poor and the apples for the well to do.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest this episode wasn't memorable in that it wasn't very adventurous, didn't have much emotional impact, song was a little lame, and honestly it seemed a little crazy that everypony was so crazy over alcohol.

The cider was probably non-alcoholic, as it is usually assumed such in the USA.

Fluttershy sleeps naked O_o

The ponies of Ponyville are always naked. (most of the time) Edited by Tom

The "Granny Smith is a chicken like Scootaloo" jokes. I see them coming. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Was a memorable episode to me. At least in this version, the protagonist doesn't die of exaustion at the end. inb4fanfics

Anyways, I liked it. Was nice having a song like that, and the episode had some funny moments. Like when Fluttershy gets up and is embarassed, and when the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 starts sucking up trees.

I wonder, will Flim and Flam become the next Trixie? They kinda did the same thing: Boasted, but couldn't back it.