Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Game Forum?

Amethyst42

Do you think we could get a forum, or a sub-forum, for games associated with MLP:FIM? So rather than have people post things like http://mlpforums.com/topic/49057-mlp-scootaloo/ we could chat amongst ourselves, and not annoy people who don't care for the games? I have lots of things I'd like to chat about with other players, but there's only a single thread right now that I know of. If I'm mistaken, please let me know!

I don't claim to know anything, but I don't think there's enough threads about MLP games to really need a forum. I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed enough game threads where a subforum for it would be necessary.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely! I would love if there was a game forum (or sub-forum) that would be about games about MLP:FiM. 

But really, i don't really know a single game i like that's about MLP:FiM.

There's the Gameloft game for iDevices and Android. It had many flaws, but despite that, I still find it fun to play. And I have a whole lot of tips for new players. 

However, if you don't like it, the (sub) forum for that game could simply be avoided!  B)

There's the Gameloft game for iDevices and Android. It had many flaws, but despite that, I still find it fun to play. And I have a whole lot of tips for new players. 

However, if you don't like it, the (sub) forum for that game could simply be avoided!  B)

RIght, i completely forget about the Gameloft one.

It's pretty fun when you get used to that game. But all you do is simply collect coins, gems and stuff like that..also ponies.

• Brohoof 1

RIght, i completely forget about the Gameloft one.

It's pretty fun when you get used to that game. But all you do is simply collect coins, gems and stuff like that..also ponies.

MUST. GET. ALL. PONIES!

I don't claim to know anything, but I don't think there's enough threads about MLP games to really need a forum. I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed enough game threads where a subforum for it would be necessary.

The problem, I think, is there's not a proper place to put them. But, let's see if there's more replies, and our thoughtful and talented moderators can go from there!

Eh...I suppose such a forum could contain all sorts of games, everything from the official ones the HUB posts on their website to each and every brony-created one. That'd certainly be a fair amount of topics, I suppose.

But, on the other hand, the staff is fairly conservative when it comes to creating new subforums and forums in general. Unless a category of topics is so popular that it practically floods any given section, we don't usually create new subforums. The more organized your forum is, the easier it is to navigate for newbies who are more often than not aimlessly wandering around, trying to figure out where things are. You'd think 'oh, well, all these labels and sections make it easier!', but that only goes so far. Things begin to get crowded fairly quickly, and that just becomes counter-productive.

Eh. I can see both sides. I'm curious to wait for some other input.

• Brohoof 2

You could just make a thread in Media Disscussion. It wouldn't kill anyone, and I'm sure the mods don't want to make a new subforum for it :/

• Brohoof 1

Subforum for pony games? Nah. I think it's a bad idea and I don't think people would care much about it. Pretty much all games but the one by gameloft is singleplayer and the only thing people would "discuss" in those threads would be how far they are in a game. Otherwise games should be discussed in Everfree Forest -> Media Discussion

• Brohoof 1

We have a nice thread about the Gameloft game, which is the only official My Little Pony game I see being discussed in any meaningful capacity around here. Fan games made by our members already have a place in Octavia's Hall, and off-site fan games are covered by Sugarcube Corner. Looking in there, it doesn't exactly look like there's a flood of fan game discussion, so I think adding an entire subforum for the stuff would be redundant at this point.

• Brohoof 3