Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP' Sonic Thread

Captain Marvelous

Posted Image

So with the upcoming Sonic Generations game coming out, I thought it would be nice to have the Sonic The Hedgehog thread.

So here we can discuss the blue blur from any means.

Talk about the games.

Talk about the four tv shows.

You may even talk about, one of my personal favorites, the sonic comics.

I've played Sonic games since the Genesis was dying off. Sonic 2 was the first I played, and after that I ended up playing Sonic games for PC. It wasn't until the release of Sonic Adventure 2 on the GameCube that I really got into it all. I am definitely looking forward to Sonic Generations a little bit, but I'm not expecting it to be anything too extraordinary. While I still enjoy the Sonic series, the quality of the games have been really hit and miss lately.

Edited by Sugar Cube

CWC is the biggest sonic fan

For the love of all that is good, holy, peachy, healthy, and/or otherwise not-bad in the world, please do not speak of that man. :blink:

Edited by Zoop

Ah, one of my specialties. :D

I love anything and everything Sonic. First played them on Genesis, have played nearly every major release to date and quite a few side ones.

I'm one of the rare fans that actually LIKES the 3D ones more than the 2D ones, this is also including Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic 06, just because I think the series has only gotten better since the Genesis days. Genesis was a good start and all but the newer games have never really disappointed me much at all.

Sonic Chronicles is a little hard to get into but once I get into it I don't put it down. Though I've yet to finish it because the place I am basically drags battles with normal enemies out for 5 minutes or more due to the high defense of those rock dudes.

Yes, I said it. I like Sonic 06. It's glitches are undeniable, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a helluva ride anyway. I would really love to see it remade or patched to completion. (That'd be one helluva patch though lol)

As for the comics, I really wish they would put all of the previous issues on back order. I've more or less had to go an illegal route to read them, I'm up to around issue 110 or so and I absolutely adore them.

Favorite of the cartoons is definitely SatAM. Haven't seen enough of Underground to know if I like it or not; definitely love AoStH and I do like Sonic X but I wish it would come out in collections like the other Sonic series'.

As for the comics, I really wish they would put all of the previous issues on back order. I've more or less had to go an illegal route to read them, I'm up to around issue 110 or so and I absolutely adore them.

I downloaded a complete (at the time) set of the comics a couple years ago, in a fit of boredom and madness. It had some really good moments, but the directions they took the story seemed to get more and more overly contrived as time went by... but then again, I guess that's unavoidable when you're dealing with a series of that length, moreso when the source material as as simple as it is.

As for the games... I was an SNES kid growing up, and never had a Genesis so the Sonic games always had a special appeal to me since I only got to play them once in a blue moon... unfortunately I've more or less lost my taste for most platforming games in recent years.

I think my favorite game would be Sonic heroes since it was my first sonic.

Glad to know there's other fans of it. Though it has to be said, "We'll show that creep the REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!" just might be the worst video game line ever.

As a kid born in 89', I can say that Sonic really did have a major presence in the media. He even took up half of that giant screen at Best Buy! (anypony else miss that?) Definitely remember reading the comics in my school's library and watching the cartoon with the voice stylings of Jaleel White.

Of course, the games really were where it was at, and many wonderful memories were made blasting through Sonic 2 at my aunt and uncle's place (sometimes with cousins, one of which owned a SNES). Even at a very young age, I knew the Chemical Plant was a classic for its music, it's purple goo (and blue goo snakes), the steep drop in the second act, that twisted satisfaction I got from watching people drown. Suddenly I'd gone from this lush green paradise to a factory, so now anything was possible. It was glorious. It was Sonic. What a crucial moment it was when I finally got a copy of Sonic Mega Collection Plus and took to my spinball dash again.

Here's the best remix of the theme I've ever heard:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUNyIHH39A

As for Adventure, my best memory with that was playing it at Nickel Nickel on their Dreamcast during someone's party. Fun stuff, that.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

I love the Endgame portion. Don't remember it so well anymore but I definitely adored that part.

The only thing I don't like about the comics is that they spread the stories out to like five other series/mini-series' and if you only read the Sonic ones you are likely to miss a ton of stuff.

But I still think that the story of the comics is amazing and far better than the story of any other medium that Sonic is on.

I never had an SNES or Genesis. I didn't really start gaming a lot until PS1 and N64 but I will say that Sonic 2 is my favorite oldschool Sonic game.

And I love Sonic Heroes and to this day the only final boss theme and fight I like more is from Sonic and the Black Knight.