Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hard, hard, hard!

~Sugar Sprinkles~

What has been the HARDEST part of a video game you have played. Out of all you have played, what has been the hardest part? A part that has ticked you off so many times that you have rage quit and tried again later and then rage quit again.

For me I would have to say...I have many

1. In the game StarFox Adventures, there was two. One was when you had to do that strength test against the Light foot muscle guy..and you had to rapidly press A as fast as you could and any slip, you would lose. And then it was the Krazoa test of Fear when you had to keep that bar in the green and not get distracted (If you have played this game and know what I am talking about) I RAGED soooo much on them parts and they still TICK me off to this very day.

2. would be when I played Legend of Spyro : Eternal night, it was the bosses. Any of them were hard and I raged...a lot

3. Would be when I played the game Alice: Madness returns and these enemies were hard as hell and sooooooooooooo annoying because they could kill you easily.

4. Would be on Sly 3: Honor among thieves, that Pirate level where you were on the ship and had to blow up the other ships and not get shot down..yeah that was too much on my hands. There was so much at once, I quit a few times and finally got it.

5. Paper Mario 1 and 2, final bosses. Bowser and Shadow Queen. Only because when you battled them and they would regain health...OMG it ticked me off SOOOOOOOOOO much and then I would get killed, run out of items, etc. I raged a lot!

Edited by Sugar Sprinkles

I struggled with the Lightfoot strength test thing too, so much that I actually bought the guide, just because I was hoping there was some sort of secret to it or something.

I can't really think of anything else that was as hard as that, but some of the races in Need for Speed: Most Wanted, were pretty rageworthy.

Ah the test of fear from Star Fox Adventures *cringes in disgust* I hated that part it was so ridiculously hard for me since the bar would end up moving so fast. Another game that was hard for me was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars cause you had to grind your levels sooooo much. If you didn't you would most certainly die during either a random battle or a boss battle and that blasted Lava Dragon grrrr. SO....MUCH.....RRAAAGGEEE!!!!! :angry: 

Both Maridia and Lower Norfair in Super Metroid. A few times I've gotten low on health and accidentally saved, making it impossibly hard to progress any further without dying.

Taking down Long'guis (I think thats what they're called) In FF13 without overdrive limit things or instant death spell.  Continuing to play Harvest Moon for over 50 hours thinking I'm about to get somewhere but never making any progress. Playing any Fire Emblem game on the highest difficulty setting.

Probably the hardest challenges I've attempted are the difficulty 9 stages of Kid Icarus Uprising.  Took me like 20 tries to beat the second level

Defeating Cid Raines in Final Fantasy XIII

This one level toward the end of Super Mario Bros the Lost Levels where you have to time these jumps absolutely perfectly, they were insane even by Super Mario Bros standards.

Pretty much every second of Battletoads

Everything in Dark Souls. Beside that?  I would say the boss fight with Sindragosa in The Ice Crown Citadel in World of Warcraft. That fucking projectile she shoots just whipes the whole raidparty, and we had no idea how to dodge them. We wiped like 10 times before finding out that we need to hide behind the ice tombs. I would say that even The Lich King was easier

And that debuff can just go to hell, especially if you are a mage -_-

EDIT: I can't believe I almost forgot to mention the granddaddy of all difficult things in video games: Molten Core, the most difficult raid in history of World of Warcraft. You could easily wipe by trash mobs, and the bosses were next to impossible to take down. And it was every healers worst nightmare with that debuff that reduces healing with 75%

Edited by Soundgarden

I tend to not have difficulty with games, and I rarely play them offline anyway, I would say the hardest thing I did was attempt to play through call of duty: World at War campaign on veteran... Using only a pistol and/or knife. I got through a fair few missions but gave up.

I can't really remember how difficult many of the older games I played were so I'll have to go with something more recent, The final boss of Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! That gold cube that flies around shooting projectiles is really annoying and would constantly knock me off the edge where I would fall to my death. I was playing standard mode as the normal prinny.

Next we have final boss of Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy. This guy was an absolute beast, sporting over 120k hp (the max damage you can deal at one time is 9999) and his hp attacks would drain your gauges. I had sub par gear so fights against him were extremely long as I would whittle his hp down only for him to kill me in two hits. I spent so much time in repeated battles against this guy that I would end up singing the song that I had come to memorize in the fights and became more bothered about him killing me before I could finish the first round of the song than losing to him. Eventually (3 weeks later or so) I gave up on trying to beat him legitimately and just cheesed him with Yuna.