Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anyone else catch this?

Argumedies

I wish I had a clip to share but...

I was re-watching the latest episode when right after the very first song and Twilight was talking to Rarity and Rarity was working on the cloud patterns when she said.

"Doesn't my sky look fabulous or what?"

Then as everyone was getting mad at her she came up with the line.

"Too last season?"

I had not heard that line before and I had one of those moments where ya go WWHHHAAT!!! (moan groan, Oh my sweet Celestia!, this is why I love Rarity)

Too last season. As in a reference to when Discord in season 2 "last season" turned things into a checker board pattern much like the sky Rarity just created, leading into the chaos that was about to begin this story into Twilight's ascension.

DID ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS! cause I'd hate to think I'm going nuts by myself.

• Brohoof 18

Not sure if this is just over thinking, or the best catch in a while. Quick! Someone put this on memebase! Maybe I should make it into a comic? :P

• Brohoof 4

Hah! A triple joke! Well done, I hadn't caught that before. 'Too last season', referring to the fashion term, the weather term, and last show season.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think that was a bit of fourth wall humor.

I think that Rarity asks about how the clouds look (as she would do with clothing) and subsquently asks "Too last season?", worrying that the ponies thought her design was too much like a previous fashion season.

But of course, the writers could have always thought of a genius way to make one sentence have multiple meanings, one of them maybe a reference to Return of Harmony.

Coincidence? Possibly… Well its not too far fetched of an idea that this is a subtle joke and from an unexpected source. Your right, I could be over thinking it but then… who knows. Either way it has made my day

Seriously, stop talking and someone make a meme for MLB or something. Before I do x3

I'm doing one right now, hopefully it'll make it to the voting page. 

I think I'll start making content for MLB more often, my first one went pretty well.

• Brohoof 1

Haha, I didn't notice this. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers did actually do this on purpose. I hope they did, because that's too good to do on accident. :)

• Brohoof 1

That is pretty neat, intended or not. I (like others) took it to mean something in fashion terms as in "sooo last year" but you could be completely right since she could have said anything along the same lines...hmmm

That's called a pun. The show's writers seem to be fond of them, as they have been everywhere in the show from the beginning.

Anyway, nice meme. Keep up the good work.

Coincidence or intended pun? Who knows.

Either way, nice find I never noticed it myself.

Also, here's a video clip for reference:

Curse me and my terrible ability to catch small details like this :P.

Anyways, I don't care if its just coincidence or not, I'm going with it being a reference anyways :D.

Your awesome for this discovery btw :)

Edited by Zygen