Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much have you changed in a year?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Oh,i have changed ALOT over the year.The thing that changed me is becoming a brony.I draw,watch this awesome show,and this forum changed me,too.I now have more things to do :).

I am actually somewhat decent at math, that's one major thing that's changed about me. I was completely hopeless in highschool, but going through it in college seems so much easier despite the bar being set higher.

Also, my leadership skills have increased through my summer job. I am now the most experienced person at my post and I was pretty much thrust into leadership position as the others had no experience. I had them all trained in a month and had them all following proper procedures, something I can say the first group that all quit didn't do.

Oh, and becoming a brony was also a bit of a change too :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I haven't changed in any major way. I feel like I've been this same person for at least 6 years now; I've just been picking up new interests and skills along the way. "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Maybe my changes have been too gradual for me to notice though. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Edited by Cota

Over the past year i noticed i have become more dark, malicious, and cynical. to explain further i alsway find the evil in the most happy things. I also usually find myself thinking, i have to listen to your B.S. while i could be doing better like going to the bathroom.Yeah im a joy to hang out with. I also care less about the world and societies expectations of people. So when i tell people that i like certain things or tell them my sexual preferences when they ask and they feel it necessary to critique me i usually tell them to sod off. Before i would all self conscious and start arguments with people with different opinions

Well i'd say alot considering I became a brony in 2012 and stuff :P. I also had only been in public school for 8th grade so I'm starting to fully adjust a bit more and I guess feel a bit more comfortable to talk to people, I'm still kinda shy, but atleast i can talk to people. Although I'm still a bit awkward I guess about it sometimes :P. Still not the most socially knowledgeable. but eh better then when was homeschooled :P.

I guess I'm also less depressed, I seriously had some pretty depressive episodes last year. I'm much better off now. Especially with y'all :D.

I'm a bit more self confident I guess, and I can actually kinda draw now :P. When i didn't have any experience before, I'm a bit better at trumpet and I'm trying to learn guitar so yeah.

I guess a bunch of many other little changes, but those are the more major ones I can think of right now :P.

• Brohoof 1

What changed.....OH! Three things. This one is Short, my voice changed. Two, I've learned to completly ignore anyone who tries to make fun of me for being who I am. And that helped me alot because being a brony last year was hard. I was made fun of and bullies, called "gay" and "homo" but I don't care anymore. When people say i have no friends, I think about how many friends I actually have (26). It was then that I signed into this forum and posted about my trouble, and I found a way out. Plus, a few of my friends are Bi-Sexual, gay, or lesbian. I realised that they get made fun of all the time so I decided to forget about what other people think of me and help others, that made me feel alot better. This also made me apreciate people more. For example, I don't LIKE Justin Beiber, but I just don't care for him and I won't critisize him either.
 Three, I've gotten' alot better at drawing.

So those are my three things!!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I became agnostic, experienced severe depression, grew a beard, became a vegetarian, became a brony, changed majors and quit a job I'd worked at for six years.

Depression is under control and I love my new major. All is well.

Edited by Circadian

Basically, tried to do a lot of things, only to fail at everything and being left worse off than where I started. Sorry for being depressing but I don't have much to be happy about right now.  <_<

For a good change, I guess my art and music have both improved in the last year. Still terrible, but atleast I know it won't be that way forever.

• 8 months later...

In the last year I have got a job, become a brony, started university, become more confident and outgoing, started drawing. So much has happened this year, and I have grown as a result. Compared to every other year of my life, this is the one where I have gone through the most personal growth and development.

I'm more positive, but that's because I started watching MLP this year (June).

I also have become slightly more mature and also I have grown a tad bit. I also realized that Call of Dutys balance is terrible. That's why I play Battlefield and Team Fortress 2 instead of COD and Halo (4).

I also have determined my exact sexuality, not just the fact I am a bisexual, but even the nitpicky details. I also became a pure PC gamer, but I do still play Xbox for BF4 and Borderlands (I play the original one. From what I'm hearing the 2nd game isn't quite as good.)

I digress.

I almost committed suicide twice, and I realized it wasn't worth it. My legs have grown hairier. I can't wait till I live on my own. That will change then.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

Within a year I know I've learned new forms of humility, what its like to work for people who dont really appreciate nor understand your circumstances or care to know. I learned how to keep holding on to a dream...to a hope...despite the hurtles or obstacles that came my way. I've learn the importance of taking care of your body as well. I'm on my way to losing weight and getting healthier. I guess I learned quite a bit within a year.

if anything i am nicer than i was in 2012. back then i just didn't seem to care, but ponies and my girlfriend melted my ice cold heart and now i am a better person because of them.

I'm so much more happier than I was a year ago.

My mother seems to be getting better after a long battle with cancer, I have a new music project going on, my relationship with my dad has been almost completely restored after two years of mutual distrust and animosity, and, most important of all, I'm madly in love with the most beautiful being I have ever laid eyes on, which I honestly never thought would ever happen again after the disastrous train-wreck that was my previous relationship.
Can't say I've noticed any other changes, though. Then again, happiness is kind of a big factor.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

A year ago:

I barely knew that bronies were a thing

I had about 8 subscribers on YouTube

I thought I was cool and social and stuff

I didn't get a ridiculous amount of homework (8th grade)

Now:

I am a proud brony

I have over 400 subs

I know that without Internet I would probably die

I get a ridiculous amount of homework (9th grade)

• 1 year later...

A lot, I'd say. In this past year, I've become an agnostic bisexual (well, that's more of a discovery rather than a change, huh? :ooh:) brony with shoulder-length hair- it was way too short before now- that can make do without glasses and is only just beginning to get an understanding and experience of what friendship (and love <3) is all about. Rather than just feeling empty or nothing all the time, my emotions have become a lot more obvious to me, mostly in a good way, though not always. I'm nowhere near as productive as I was a year ago, and yet... I feel like I'm closer to my calling in life than ever before.

Also, I'm now a Vinesauce addict. No complaints from me~ B)

• Brohoof 1

Well for me I think I have been able to start liking myself a little more and have improved my self-esteem just a little bit. Also I have been able to handle balancing my issues with my friends. Although I still get overwhelmed sometimes..

I've changed a ton over the past year. I've become a lot tougher mentally and I'm able to stand up for myself better, but unfortunately I've also become a lot more aggressive and angry. I've also become much stronger physically (liftin dem weights brah ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ)

The mental shit has resulted through a combination of me going through a ton of bad shit in a relatively short period of time, like getting in a car crash, getting tonsillitis for like 2 months (almost had to get them yanked out, pain was so bad I had to get some real shit from the doc), being hurt deeply by a friend, going through a breakup, dealing with assholes at school, family problems, got in trouble with the police over a misunderstanding, dealing with my social phobia, OCD, and depression, dealing with some horrendous shit when I was an active duty admin here, and constantly exposing myself to extreme violence (both real and fictional) on the internet, in movies, etc for a variety of reasons, one of which being to toughen myself up if I ever end up joining the military, security, law enforcement, firefighting, or EMT, all of which I'm considering.

• Brohoof 2

29th March, 2014: I join MLPForums.

29th March, 2015 (today): I'm still on MLPForums. :c

I've changed a bit, I've become happier and a little less serious. I used to get worried and nervous more easily, but because of preparatory school, everyday is like:

fine.png

There's been a lot of changes from a year ago. I've finished school and gotten my degrees (the program I was in had a bit of overlap with another, so I took both), and shortly after graduating I was able to find work at a local company, because they needed people who could use SolidWorks. It's been almost a year since I've started working there, I'm still the only one who can make prints with it (what we make is very difficult to make models of, and takes months to get the hang of), so I'm having to show the others what I've learned so they can start using it as well.

I've finally found an apartment I like, and I'm moving out the week after next. I've been wanting to live on my own for so long, and I can't wait.

Around this time last year is when I really got into collecting MLP toys.  There were huge sales everywhere around that time, and I had a bunch of $5 coupons printed out that could be used on any pony toy except for EqG and the regular brushables, so I got a crapton of toys.  I also started buying EqG dolls then, since they stopped looking creepy to me and started looking cute. Especially once the Rainbow Rocks ones came out, those were soooo much better than the first peg-leg ones.

I became more active in the MLP community, both with bronies and the older fans. As a matter of fact, I joined a collector forum about this time last year.  Last month, I even hosted a meetup, although it didn't go exactly as planned.

I've started collecting die-cast cars and aircraft, but they are dwarfed by my ponies.

Also, I've started drinking, albeit within limits.