Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music How important is music to you?

ReGen

Aaahhh, music. It’s been around for as long as I know.

Which is like, a million years.

I’m immortal.

Highlander.

Anyways, music plays a very vital role in every society. But how does it affect you?

For me, music plays a very big role in my life. Listening to it always put me in a good mood, be it Drum and Bass, House or even Orchestral, I LAAAWWWVE musique. I even have a natural talent for playing the Trumpet! img-1192385-1-mlp-dawesome.png

Omg I play trumpet to *Brohoof's* :D.

Anyways, Music is pretty important to my life, it adds mood to movies, (I mean seriously imagine a movie without epic background music :(.  BORING) Its fun to dance to sometimes, listen to when your bored, or when your feeling down, music is also one of the only things I have much of any talent for :P.

Music is awesome though, its pretty important in my life i'd say, since I'm either playing or listening to it almost daily more or less. Music is such an amazing thing, it can speak when words can't, and portray emotions and words you can't explain, not to mention it just has this magical feeling to it.

Tl;dr Music is awesome :D.

• Brohoof 1

Music I do like to incorporate into my life a whole lot

But I tend to not have my emotions affected by it

And I usually listen to whatever I feel like

Though sometimes when I'm sad I tend to listen to

Dark Ambient, Experimental Noise and all of that other crazy stuff

But when I'm really energetic I'll listen to

Hardcore genres, really upbeat electronic music

And when I feel really angry

I'll turn on some Hardcore music, Industrial and all of that stuff

Though most of the time I feel that I'm in a normal mood

So I'll just listen to whatever I feel like listening to

• Brohoof 1

Music means the world to me. If music didn't exist, I'd be so much less creative. I wouldn't have music to help me out of ruts, and I'd go insane not being able to listen to music I've come up with in my head.

• Brohoof 1

Man, my life revolves around music.   I listen to an average of eight hours a day, and when I have a lot of free time, it's usually more.   

It keeps me sane, too.  

Ever since I was like 12, I've come home and blasted some music.   It's a ritual for me, and one that I need.  

So, yeah.  Pretty important.  

• Brohoof 1

Music is and always has been my main form of emotional stimulus. It makes me smile, it makes me cry, it shocks me, it comforts me, it gives me energy and helps me get to sleep. It allows me to be someone else, living a different life, experiencing something I would never experience but I know how it feels because the music tells me how it feels.

My father, various cousins and aunt and uncles are or have been professional musicians. When I was a kid I loved nothing better than hanging out with my Dad's band-mates. When I'm feeling depressed and self-pitying, I'll get rip-roaring drunk, put on my favourite tunes and feel those emotions instead of the ones I was feeling before.

For better or worse music has guided the development of my personality. It's the only thing I have that can't be taken away from me (provided I don't go deaf, which would be about the most tragic thing that could happen to me. I'd give up my vision before I gave up my hearing.)

"Without musiclife would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Brohoof 1

I make music so I guess you could say it plays a very big part in my life.  I listen to music in school (Not during class of course), on the bus, when driving, and at home.  It also helps I am very open to every form of music.  I love music.

• Brohoof 1

Music is very important to me. music has been one of the major influences in my life that has made me who i am today. i don't know where or who i would be in a world without music. i could only picture the world being a very horrible place without music.

• Brohoof 1

Music is like my life. I listen to music everyday and it's even inspired me to play guitar, which I'm getting better at. My favorite non metal band would be Nirvana and my favorite metal band would either be Carcass or Death. Anyways, I think it's a much better passtime than video games. I can't remember the last time I got mad for listening to music.

I fuckin' love Death.

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 1

I would say music is important to me, seeing as I usually listen to it whilst I do my homework and I've been a part of my school district's band program for about four years (4 years with a trumpet, one trimester with the baritone). I wouldn't say that music is my life, but it does relax me and sometimes it helps to me keep focused.

• Brohoof 1

I listen to music pretty much whenever I can, and even when I shouldn't. It helps me get through boring days, it inspires me, it helps me relax... I love music. It's also awesome to have a lot of different musicians in this fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I love music! I've been playing piano for over half my life and percussion for over six years. My favorite genre is rock (of all sorts; classic, hard, progressive, alternative, etc.), but I also love video game music, as well as most other genres. 

I think music can be a sort of backbone to other artistic works, like movies and animations. Imagine any TV show or movie you've seen without some sort of music going on in the background (even silent films, which often featured live orchestral performances). It'd be pretty lame. MLP certainly wouldn't have the same charm it currently has.

I'm sure we could survive without music, but it wouldn't be a very fun world to live in. That's all.

• Brohoof 1

Music plays a huge role in my life, I play piano and without it I would be not the person I am today :P
I am totally addicted to music and there isn't a day in my life when I didn't listen to music that I can remember. I'm especially interested in  Rock, hard rock, alternative rock and a bit of metal. A strange combination with piano but I just luuuuuuve it! And perhaps the most difficult question of all; "who's your favorite band?" I don't have one because I can't choose between all of the good ones. But I can tell you what bands I love: AC/DC, Metallica, Snow Patrol, Graveyard and Biffy Clyro are just some of them. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0UBA-a0fX5E

This link is one of the songs of Biffy Clyro and I'm in love with it!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Music keeps me going. More specifically, my love for my favorite Korean girl groups. Every time I feel down, I just listen to their songs or watch their performances and I'm automatically put in a good mood. I just love them so much! My boyfriend always teases me about it but really they're so very special to me.... I've always loved music a lot, like my entire life, but I've never been so in love with the singers themselves before until I discovered Girls' Generation & Dal★Shabet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAskad_NnI

• Brohoof 1

i seem to have missed this thread, even though i got mentioned once in the first page.

music is an important part of my life, for sure. the first time i really got interested in it was when i got to play drums in 6th grade. ever since then, i wanted to get a drumkit for so long. however, there was never enough money, or space, to get one... i ended up abandoning that dream eventually. well, somewhat. i had made all kinds of crazy beats and blip-blops in my head during that time. i never really stopped doing that.

time passed by, in 2010 i was severely depressed. my lowest point in life for sure. i had almost given up hope. but i decided not to give up entirely just yet. i reached out on a forum, found help from only ONE GUY there (who's in my signature in case you're wondering), and... i found this song, from watching a gameplay video.

this, was when my interest in music began renewing itself. i abandoned my hopes and dreams for music, simply because i had no idea how to fulfill them. but thanks to this song, this artist, i finally found the niche in which i could prosper in: electronic music.

not shortly after i started listening to a bunch of this artist, and eventually, i opened up to a broader love for music. i still grained myself because i didn't know how to actually make music even though i wanted to. it was a bit tough... but ever since autumn last year, i finally got into it, and i've made a soundcloud account (as well as a deviantart one), and well, here i am now.

how important is music to me? the answer is very much so.

Ah music... What can I say? I love singing, obviously when Im alone, and I would not resist in a world without music. Its like the second most important thing in my life. (I don't know which one is the first one lol :P )

Music is very important to me. I listen to music on the way to school every day it helps me to get going in the morning and if I don't listen to music at all during the day, my day would terrible.

Well considering I spend a good amount of the day listening to music, I would say it's pretty important to me. In fact, I probably spend almost all of my free time listening to music, whether I'm on the computer or playing xbox or something.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Go ahead and call me a weirdo.

But i don't really have a favorite type of music, but i do love game soundtracks.

Like Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead 2.

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 2

I absolutely wub music! I mean like, who doesn't?

Music is everything and it beings harmony to everyone of us! I play piano so I know what it feels like to hear the notes play and so... I mean like- music should be learnt and sung by everyone!

Music is very important to me personally.

Im into such a massive variety of music, both old and new...

for instance, some of my favourite songs...

Frank Sinatra - Blue Moon

Frank Sinatra - Witchcraft

Toto - Africa

Pendulum - Tempest

Florence Welsh - Im not Calling you a Liar

Florence Welsh 7 Lions Remix - Cosmic Love

Skrillex - Syndicate

and many others :3

Good music gives me chills and actually makes me feel, and helps me to write Fan Fiction ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Music is a very, very central part of my life. I listen, I play, I write, and I create. I believe that music is the one universal language that any human being, no matter where they're from, can connect with.