Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Challenging riddles

Phoenix Wright

Okay, seeing as I'm bored to hay, I'ma test out everyponies knowledge.

Riddle me this...

A man walks into work one day. He tries to access his computer only to find out that his password had been changed. He then remembers that the password resets every month, for security measures. He goes to his boss and conversed.

"Sir, my password is out of date."

"That's right. The password is different, but if you listen carefully, you should be able to figure out the new one. It is nine letters long, the same number of letters as your last password, but only 4 of them are the same."

"Thanks, boss."

He then entered his password correctly.

What was his new password?

BONUS: What was his old password?

When first I appear I seem mysterious

But when explained, I am nothing serious

\When unknown to you, I am something

When known to you, I am nothing

What am I?

Edited by Pony Joe

A riddle

Hm, answer in white. Too easy.

Riddle me this...

The Pope, Beyonce, Barack Obama, and Bill Gates are on the same plane. There are only 3 parachutes left for the 4 of them. Obama says: "As the President, I think I should have the right to have a parachute, because I rule millions of people in the greatest nation of all." Beyonce says: "As one of the greatest singers of all-time, I think I should deserve to be safe. I bring tears and laughter to millions of people, and I'm an important contributor to pop music." Bill Gates says: "As one of the richest successful company owners, I think I should live because I'm on top of the economics cycle, creating jobs and incomes for millions of people. I am a wealthy and intelligent man." Finally, the Pope says: "I'm an old, religious man. I lived a life that's full, I helped millions of people find their way through God, I'm ready to let go of a parachute and to face my fate." Which one of them will abandon the parachute and die?

None of them. You never said that the plane was crashing.

^ Answer in white.

Here's a good one:

John either always lies or always tells to truth. Regardless of which it is, there is one thing that John can never say.

What is it?

• 2 years later...

On my way to Saint Ives I met a stallion with seven wives,

And each wife had seven sacks, in each sack seven cats

And each cat had seven kits.

Kits, cats, sacks, and wives.

How many went to Saint Ives?

(edited)

On my way to Saint Ives I met a stallion with seven wives,

And each wife had seven sacks, in each sack seven cats

And each cat had seven kits.

Kits, cats, sacks, and wives.

How many went to Saint Ives?

Ooh, I know, I know! Pick me!

Just 1, you. The rest are all coming FROM St. Ives.

Here's one. You're in a room with two exits, one blue door, one red door. At each door stands a guard, in a blue or a red uniform, depending on which door they stand in front of. One door will lead to certain doom, the other to freedom. You know that one guard will always lie, and the other will always tell the truth, but you don't know which one is which. You may only ask ONE guard ONE question (that's one in total, not one to each guard). What is the question you have to ask to be certain of leaving the room safely?

Edit: Added some vital information I forgot. Gomen!

Edited by Sunny Fox
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A man gave a son 10 cents and another son 15 cents. What time is it?

Hε gαvε 10 ςεητs αηδ 15 ςεητs, mακιηg 25 cent. Ηε gανε α qυαrτεR to two (sons), 1:45.

Edited by rainbowdash1452

A man gave a son 10 cents and another son 15 cents. What time is it?

!ANSWER!

Hε gαvε 10 ςεητs αηδ 15 ςεητs, mακιηg 25 cent. Ηε gανε α qυαrτεR to two, 1:45. Sorry, I don't know how to do show spoilers.

Put the words "spoiler" in square brackets [ ] at the front, and "/spoiler" in square brackets [ ] at the end. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I probably have the nerdiest riddle of all. (It's not really a riddle as much as it is awareness of a physics principle.)

If it takes 10 pounds of fuel to lift a 5 pound rocket, then the rocket weighs 15 pounds. But in order to lift the 10 pounds of fuel, an additional 15 pounds of fuel are required. Now the rocket weighs 30 pounds. More fuel is needed to lift that additional weight, and so on and so forth.

How can rockets fly if this proportion continually grows?

What travels all over the world, but never leaves it's corner?

The directions of a compass?

Edited by Blue

Here's one. You're in a room with two exits, one blue door, one red door. At each door stands a guard, in a blue or a red uniform, depending on which door they stand in front of. One door will lead to certain doom, the other to freedom. You know that one guard will always lie, and the other will always tell the truth, but you don't know which one is which. You may only ask ONE guard ONE question (that's one in total, not one to each guard). What is the question you have to ask to be certain of leaving the room safely?

Edit: Added some vital information I forgot. Gomen!

I remember this one from Labyrinth. :)

You ask the red guard if the blue guard would say that the red door leads to freedom. If he says yes, that means the red door leads to certain death. If the red guard is telling the truth, he will say that the liar would say the red door leads to freedom. If the red guard is lying, he will say that the blue guard would say the red door leads to freedom, even though that's not what the blue guard would say since he's the honest one. The same logic can be applied if he says no.

I hope I explained that right  :muffins: But even if I didn't it's the right answer.

What is it?

I lie.

What travels all over the world, but never leaves it's corner?

A stamp.

What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

• Brohoof 1