Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Challenging riddles

Phoenix Wright

Hahaha.... Yes indeed.... When I first heard that one, it took me 3 days to figure it out.... Clever word play.... It works better when it's spoken though lol

It's kinda like the hotel one. When you hear it rather than read it, it will stump you  :okiedokielokie:

I see how you would think that, but that's not the answer, let's just say....a bust is also involved

Oh, and here's another good one

It is a Sunday morning. The wife went to the store, came back and her husband was dead. The kids said they were playing with the dog. The maid said she was getting the mail. The chef said he was making Lunch. Who did it?

It was the maid, in the kitchen, with the candlestick! The mail doesn't get delivered on Sundays (at least not in the US)

(edited)

Well put it simply... There is no answer. In Alice and wonderland, the mad hatter uses this same riddle, and never gives an answer. The entire joke is that there is no answer.

This is phun :)... I knew my literature class would come in handy some day

Tsch tsch tsch...it's not that simple, my version does. Actually, your lit. Class might help Edited by Kaymenblooblood

A poor man is sitting in a pub. He sees that the man next to him is extremely rich.

Poor man: I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed.

The rich man laughs.

Poor man: I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a popular song that includes a lady's name of your choosing.

The rich man laughs again. He thinks of all the obvious ones, like Barbara Anne and Billie Jean, before deciding on a name that hasn't been used in a song before.

Rich man: OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?

The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

I see how you would think that, but that's not the answer, let's just say....a bust is also involved
If your writing desk is perched upon a bust of Pallas, you need to see a psychiatrist.

Possible answer: They both have quills (well, writing desks used to have quills...) 

A poor man is sitting in a pub. He sees that the man next to him is extremely rich.   Poor man: I have an amazing talent; I know almost every song that has ever existed.   The rich man laughs.   Poor man: I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a popular song that includes a lady's name of your choosing.   The rich man laughs again. He thinks of all the obvious ones, like Barbara Anne and Billie Jean, before deciding on a name that hasn't been used in a song before.   Rich man: OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?   The poor man goes home rich.   What song did he sing?

If your writing desk is perched upon a bust of Pallas, you need to see a psychiatrist.

Possible answer: They both have quills (well, writing desks used to have quills...) 

Actually, I didn't think of that one...but...no, the desk isn't perched on it...

I remember this one from Labyrinth. :)

You ask the red guard if the blue guard would say that the red door leads to freedom. If he says yes, that means the red door leads to certain death. If the red guard is telling the truth, he will say that the liar would say the red door leads to freedom. If the red guard is lying, he will say that the blue guard would say the red door leads to freedom, even though that's not what the blue guard would say since he's the honest one. The same logic can be applied if he says no.

I hope I explained that right  :muffins: But even if I didn't it's the right answer.

The logic is a little tortuous, but yes, that's right. The simpler (to me) version is this:

Go to either guard and ask "If I asked the other guard which door is safe, what would they say?" Then just go through the opposite door to the one they answered. If you picked the liar, he will lie about the truth, and if you picked the truthful guard, he would truthfully tell you the lie the liar would have told. Either way, the answer you get is a lie, so do the other one. Assuming the guards know which one is really the safe door and they weren't told the wrong one by accident!  :lol:

As much as I love you for using this answer, it's not right.

He sang happy birthday. It can have anyone's name in it!

• Brohoof 2

What have I got in my pocket...?     ("What HAS it gots in its POCKETSES!")  
That one has a familiar ring to it, so to speak.

Voiceless it cries, Wingless flutters, Toothless bites, Mouthless mutters. 
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

That one has a familiar ring to it, so to speak.

Voiceless it cries, Wingless flutters, Toothless bites, Mouthless mutters. 

I love you.

My answer:

The wind

Edited by IcyHaze

Very good.

This is one straight from my grandmother. It irritates me to no end, as I don't actually know the answer  :huh:

Three men came to stay at a hotel, and when they went to the desk to check in, they decided to share a room to save money.

The manager assigned them a room and charged them $30 altogether. Each paid $10 for his share, and then they all were shown up to their room by the bellboy.

A short while later, the manager discovered that she had overcharged the three men for the room she had assigned them; it was actually only $25. She took $5 out of the till and instructed the bellboy to go up to their room and return the money to them.

The bellboy saw an opportunity to make a little extra tip. He rationalized that $5 was difficult to split three ways, and decided to take up $3 to the men, giving each of them $1 return, and pocket the other $2 for himself.

So the men each put in $10 and got $1 back. So that's $9 times 3, which is $27, plus the $2 the bellboy took makes $29. Where is the other $1?

I think I can explain this one so it's a bit easier to understand. The problem is in the last sentence where it says "plus the $2 the bellboy took makes $29." The point is that he took $2 which means it doesn't make $29, but actually $25 - which is exactly what the men had to pay for their room.

I hope this is helpful (and correct.)  ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
What is greater than God, but more evil than the devil? The rich need it, but the poor already have it. If you eat it, you will die. Anyone can lift it, and no one can put it down.

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Cero.

There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word?

Edited by Akuma Homura