Dubstep  

120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

Even Drumstep (DnB + Dubstep), i dont like.

I dont like DnB for a reason, most sound similar to other ones + it isnt what i thought it would be like.

Same as techno, I thoought last friday, hm let me listen to it, if someponies in my school like it, let me listen to it. I listened to it, here was me after.

Wtf was that? =S And yet this is more popular than dubstep and trance and hip hop.

Well everypony is different I guess, so Im the type of person that doesnt like techno nor dnb ;P

Aight, I can respect that. (Brostep and hip hop are WAAAYYY more popular than techno btw)

I myself like practically every genre, minus brostep, pop and Grindcore, those three are just utterly stupid! But perhaps I could sway your opinion? :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIqiJCqyKc

Give 'em a try, maybe you've been listening to the wrong DnB!

Aight, I can respect that. (Brostep and hip hop are WAAAYYY more popular than techno btw)

I myself like practically every genre, minus brostep, pop and Grindcore, those three are just utterly stupid! But perhaps I could sway your opinion? :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIqiJCqyKc

Give 'em a try, maybe you've been listening to the wrong DnB!

This is where I went for DnB:

http://vtialfm.com

http://youtube.com/vitaldnb

I got it from VtialFM and UKF, sorry that I replied too late also. I was showering, and everypon that knows me knows that I take like 20 minutes to 3 hours xD

This is where I went for DnB:

http://vtialfm.com

http://youtube.com/vitaldnb

I got it from VtialFM and UKF, sorry that I replied too late also. I was showering, and everypon that knows me knows that I take like 20 minutes to 3 hours xD

Hehe nothing wrong with that! Also, that channel rocks, and you don't like it? Heh, well DnB ain't for everypony I guess, happy music listening friendo! 

• Brohoof 1

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THAT DEADMAU5 IS NOT DUBSTEP FFS

HE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE DUBSTEP AND PEOPLE STILL MISTAKE HIM FOR IT FFS

YES THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU. I thought I was the only one around here that got this.

He has produced dubstep in the past, but only because his fans were begging him to do it. Not that I don't like those 4 tracks, but yeah. His main genre will always be progressive house, IMO.

Also, this thread needs more non-farty dubstep (aka the better kind):

• Brohoof 1

I love music in general, but especially EDM(Electric dance music). Dubstep is a personal favorite of mine, and I love how creative and expansive it's gotten recently.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Dubstep!? Hells yea! I'm a full-on dubstep junkie, I was a die-hard death metal and grindcore fan and I never thought anything would ever change my taste in music yet dubstep did! I love dubstep, the synths, the wobble bass, the stabs and the use of other instruments. All mixed together into that one masterpiece.

Oh, favorite artists? Hmm..

Pegboard Nerds, Vinyl Scratch, Medik, Excision, Liquid Stranger, Official Omnivore. Oh and DUBSurce of course!

Actually, I like every artist except for Stephen Walking, I don't know why but I just don't like his music. Every artist has that little special thing in his music that makes him/her unique, something that makes you go "Oh! This is totally Medik's sound!".

I can understand why people wouldn't like it, I mean, everyone has their taste in music. But I do want to make everyone understand that no matter what music we listen to, we shouldn't talk trash about other music. Music is a universal language, so why do we only swear in this wonderful language?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love, make, and worship the amazing genre known as dubstep.  I listen to dubstep on a daily basis and I even make it.  That's right, I am.  I am Black Rainbow for dubstep and Elkraps (in name of thread) for pony dubstep.  Below, to get you started there is a really good song below.

Now here is a bit of cool pony dubstep.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and hopefully reply to it.  Long Live DUBSTEP!!!

Dubstep is an alright genre

It's definitely not my favorite

Genre of electronic music

But still some of it can be great

I wouldn't necessarily call it

The greatest and not the worst

But in between good and bad

Edited by Moog Voyager

At first, I thought Dubstep was amazing. But I've gotten over it, and now I think it's just okay. It's not my favorite genre, but there are some good Dubstep songs out there.

Not really into it, I like Skrillex and mlp dubstep remixes, but that is about it.

Any normal dubstep song to you: Meh

Any MLP dubstep song to you: OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

So if you take any normal dubstep song and add one or 2 lines from the show, you automatically like the song?

• Brohoof 1

I tried getting into Dubstep really hard, but I just haven't been able to. I do listen to some Dubstep influenced genres, sometimes Glitch is influenced by it, for example, and I can tolerate a bit of Brostep.  

As far as wubs go, they're awesome. The wubs in Dubstep however, kind of annoy me most of the time. JmPL5.png

I listen to a fair share of Dubstep.  Mainly Brostep though (don't hate me!).  However, I'm more of Drum n Bass fan.  Once I found it, I abandoned all other EDM for about a month.

:3

I think I'm one of the rare cases where Dubstep helps me fall asleep. It relaxes and pumps me up. I'm mostly into DJEphixia, and TheLivingTombstone. I usually look around for some cool ones and ever since I heard the one in Far Cry 3, "Make it Bun Dem" I fell in love with it.

I'm just going to re-iterate my love for Dubstep.

Its still the most listened to genre on my Ipod. :D

I literally cannot get enough of it! X)

Bar 9, Dubba Jonny, Datsik, Genetix, and Ephixa are my favorites. <3

The case with me is that I don't mind an electronic sound in music, I actually like techno here and there, it's just, from all of the dubstep I've heard, it's just so poorly done. There is no real melody, only random power tool sounds that seem like they were thrown together in 5 minutes. The same usually goes on and on for the entire song, and the vocals are very... random, and weird.

Not only that, there is just too much bass. So much that you can hardly hear what little melody there is. So much that it hurts your ears and makes your heart feel really weird. And the bass is very random as well.

I don't downright hate dubstep, I just think that dubstep artists should work a little harder making "music" that doesn't sound like it was automatically generated in FL Studio.

There can never be enough bass. ;)

And if you wanna complain about just randomly generated music, go yell at today's rap/hip-hop artists. the ones you hear about all over the radio ie Lil Wayne and such.

No. In fact, I loathe it. It sounds like a broken printer that's being smashed by power tools. It requires no talent to make. Seriously, all you need is a fucking macbook.

Just for the fact that you said it requires no talent, you're opinion is now void and worthless.

Have a good day.

I hate it. It hurts my ears :( I prefer artists who can actually play instruments like guitars and drums. Real music. Like The Offspring, Paramore, McFly etc.

Who says that Electronic artists and Dubstep artists more specifically can't play an instrument?

I dabble in Dubstep and I play drums. Quite decently Id say so myself.

Thats a horrible assumption to have.

Dubstep? Fuck yeah.

Brostep? Fuck no.

Lemme give ya kiddies a lesson!

MMMAAANNNYYYY moons ago, like, before Skrillex was Skrillex and was still in that gay Angst "metal (Not really metal)" band moons ago (So long ago, right!) There was dubstep, but wait, if there wasn't any Skrillex making WAB WAB then how'd there be dubstep? You see, reggae has that other name "dub" and so, some dude was like, "Whoa, what if we made music that had elements from reggae and we just... Made it dancer? Yeah!" So then dubSTEP, a genre for reggae music with an electric shock to it in a (usually) 140 BPM. This was in like, what, 2003, 2004? A time where EDM was very low in popularity, and no drops or anything existed. Shortly after, dubstep started going through this experiential phase, flutes, drums, wubs, everything. Then this dude Rusko thought, "Yo we should like, drop something, like the bass!" There is your drops, then you get Skrill, after leaving his stupid band and started going, "YO L33t HAX LEMME DROP DIS 4 U FAGS LAWL" And released something on Bandcamp or w/e. This is the mainstream popularity of Dubstep, which was horrifically defaced from it's original roots, like Skream. Hence the BROstep (Americanized dubstep of which is popular) Now, don't get me wrong, I like wubs and drops in dubstep, Like Pegboard Nerds, Knife Party and the ilk, that could still be considered dubstep as there is still some musical structure of which some thought process is shown, but Skrillex, (The new) Rusko, etc. is just shit, drops can be very effective if the other parts of the song are good, but if you've got drops that are just loud and meant to sound "brutal" with an excuse of a buildup for 2 minutes just to drop it horribly, is shit. Not to mention how pathetic it sounds, but when you've got songs that have great melodies and drum patterns, then drop it very intellectually (See IDM dubstep) it's quite an amazing experience, however you can NEVER go wrong with Skream, the amazing beast that set the standard for the OG dubstep:

http://www.youtube.cotch?v=9v-GFK9EykI

I fucking love you for this.

Seriously. I'll have your babies if you want. No homo.

Edited by ~Chaotically Fruity Haven~
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just going to re-iterate my love for Dubstep.

Its still the most listened to genre on my Ipod. :D

I literally cannot get enough of it! X)

Bar 9, Dubba Jonny, Datsik, Genetix, and Ephixa are my favorites. <3

There can never be enough bass. ;)

And if you wanna complain about just randomly generated music, go yell at today's rap/hip-hop artists. the ones you hear about all over the radio ie Lil Wayne and such.

Just for the fact that you said it requires no talent, you're opinion is now void and worthless.

Have a good day.

Who says that Electronic artists and Dubstep artists more specifically can't play an instrument?

I dabble in Dubstep and I play drums. Quite decently Id say so myself.

Thats a horrible assumption to have.

I fucking love you for this.

Seriously. I'll have your babies if you want. No homo.

My body is ready!

Also, you have good taste! Those artists are very defined,  I also checked out your profile System and Killswitch! Whew! Young Jeezy is sick, too. But I digress.

Yeah, problem with people today is a simple math formula this is just plain wrong; brostep= all dubstep

It just ain't right! 

• Brohoof 1

My body is ready!

Also, you have good taste! Those artists are very defined, I also checked out your profile System and Killswitch! Whew! Young Jeezy is sick, too. But I digress.

Yeah, problem with people today is a simple math formula this is just plain wrong; brostep= all dubstep

It just ain't right!

:lol:

Why, thank you good sir!

And it really isn't. :/

Though, I'll be honest, due to me not searching out Dubstep as I should, it's still somewhat hard to pick out the Brostep from the Dubstep just by ear. From the Wiki it just says anything that uses a higher pitched bassline instead of lower bass-y one. Anything else that distinctly defines it?

I've pretty much just started assuming that everything I find nowadays as Brostep. More particularly anything found on Soundcloud.

:lol:

Why, thank you good sir!

And it really isn't. :/

Though, I'll be honest, due to me not searching out Dubstep as I should, it's still somewhat hard to pick out the Brostep from the Dubstep just by ear. From the Wiki it just says anything that uses a higher pitched bassline instead of lower bass-y one. Anything else that distinctly defines it?

I've pretty much just started assuming that everything I find nowadays as Brostep. More particularly anything found on Soundcloud.

Since brostep is a 'term' and not an actual 'genre' you can group it differently if all you hear is a pathetic melody for an excuse for a bad bass drop. Lack of music theory, I guess. XD

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoy some various parts of dubstep, and there are other parts I cannot stand. All in all I generally prefer other types of electronica music better such as Pendulum (with their weird electronica/industrial mix) and nightcore