Dubstep  

120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

I did listen to dubstep for about a week a couple of months ago, but I quickly realized it was doing my head in. its impossible to concentrate while listening to dubstep.

Eh, simple music is still music. Metallica is just CHORD A CHORD B CHORD A CHORD C CHORD B CHORD A CHORD B and some random vocals, and it's not really my thing, but it's still music.

a rule of thumb, if there are no real instruments, its not music, that's my view

which is kinda ironic now that I think about it, wellwell.

Edited by Sunnymilk

I like all music. Dubstep is no different to any other music. I mean back in the 50's people said that rock was devil music and didnt have the traditional instruments to be considered music.

and yes I also like country.

I was looking through some topics, and I didnt see anything about this anywhere, so I thought I would ask, who here likes Dubstep?

For those who dont know, Dubstep is a genre of Electronic music, using a lot of basslines and, what I can only describe as "wompy" noises (If anyones got a better definition, throw it out. I am not very music savvy)

If you HAVENT heared it, I really reccomend looking it up and taking a listen. Some is a lot better than others, but I really think that everyone should give it a try.

So what are your opinions?

I really like dubstep, full volume with my home theater and it's so freaking awesome.

I didn't know what Dubstep was, until I realized I just thought of it under another name. "Annoying loud crap".

Sorry! Maybe being 33 means I'm too old for it!

Why do so many people insist loud means good in music?

Music itself can't really be loud, since you can just change the volume. However, people do like to turn up things they like. Also, I know that I like being able to feel the bass in my chest, and I imagine other do too, and that is best achieved by getting some really bassy electronic and turning it up really loud. Dubstep happens to be the latest genre that people use to do that.

That's how I see it, at least.

yes, i like dubstep. yes, a lot of it is awful, because of how mainstream and all over the place it is. there is good stuff in it, just like in pretty much every genre of music, and there is bad stuff in it. you just have to know where to look.

i'm just gonna post 2 songs of good dubstep here:

I just don't think that WUB WUB WUB WOMP WOMP WOMP, PUMP UP THE BASS, and some random vocals is music...

now, i don't CARE about whatever YOU like about music and what you prefer to listen to, but saying that dubstep isn't music is ignorant. who are YOU to judge what is music and what isn't? who gave YOU the right to dismiss an entire genre of music as 'not music' just because YOU didn't like it? if you're gonna keep thinking like that, please, reevaluate your ways of thinking.

a rule of thumb, if there are no real instruments, its not music, that's my view

which is kinda ironic now that I think about it, wellwell.

just because they don't play the guitar, drums, or any kind of acoustical instrument at all, it's not music?

i'm sorry, but WHAT? you can't be serious about that statement, can you?

if we're gonna be THAT dismissal, then how about this: the music in MLP isn't music, because it isn't composed by actual instruments, but by one person who uses a computer with a bunch of samples on it. and thus, by your logic, all the music in MLP isn't music, because it has not been performed by actual instruments.

• Brohoof 2

Some of it's really good, some if it's really bad, like with any genre. Honestly, most of the "real" instrument music is horrible nowadays, way worse than even bad dubstep, if you ask me. New instruments will always come into music and there's nothing we can do to stop it, there's no need to stick to the past and be a hipster. Don't be a hat0r.

Music itself can't really be loud, since you can just change the volume. However, people do like to turn up things they like. Also, I know that I like being able to feel the bass in my chest, and I imagine other do too, and that is best achieved by getting some really bassy electronic and turning it up really loud. Dubstep happens to be the latest genre that people use to do that.

That's how I see it, at least.

I don't want to feel your bass in my chest...

Uh, wait, that came off sounding pretty weird!

I love dubstep, it's a very creative genre... the sound designs are just amazing.

Though, if there's one artist I can't stand it's Skrillex.

Dubstep was never meant to become as mainstream as it is nowadays.

I still listen to it though, but rarely.

Here's two dubstep tracks I like:

Edited by ProjectRKA

It honestly really depends on what my mood is at the moment.

Like the 100 song list at everfree forest has some dubstep in there, and I love it.

I just cannot listen to the actual artists, like deadmau5 or skrillex.

It honestly really depends on what my mood is at the moment.

Like the 100 song list at everfree forest has some dubstep in there, and I love it.

I just cannot listen to the actual artists, like deadmau5 or skrillex.

Deadmau5 is actually not a dubstep artist. He's an electro house artist.

Though he makes dubstep occasionally. :P

Deadmau5 is actually not a dubstep artist. He's an electro house artist.

Though he makes dubstep occasionally. :P

Besides the point ;)

I said artists like them.

He still makes some of it.

just because they don't play the guitar, drums, or any kind of acoustical instrument at all, it's not music?

i'm sorry, but WHAT? you can't be serious about that statement, can you?

if we're gonna be THAT dismissal, then how about this: the music in MLP isn't music, because it isn't composed by actual instruments, but by one person who uses a computer with a bunch of samples on it. and thus, by your logic, all the music in MLP isn't music, because it has not been performed by actual instruments.

of course I was not serious about that, I was just playing on the people considering some genres for not music, I listen to a lot of electronic music myself actually :P

I *love* electronic music. My favorites are House (especially classic and French stuff) and Triphop. Looking up dubstep I recognize the beats from some of the songs I listen to and think it can be used to great effect. As an overall genre I don't see myself listening to it all the time, but I'm glad it's out there for those who love it.

Edited by RainbowDolly

I *love* electronic music. My favorites are House (especially classic and French stuff) and Triphop. Looking up dubstep I recognize the beats from some of the songs I listen to and think it can be used to great effect. As an overall genre I don't see myself listening to it all the time, but I'm glad it's out there for those who love it.

Trip hop, you say ? You've got style man. Very nice genre x)