Dubstep  

120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

i find "older" dubstep alot better than the new ones.

i had my foot resting on the subwoofer and i listened to Skrillex - Ruffneck bass (full flex) it was meh.. some bass there but i tried some older dubstep, Black sun Empire - Hyper Sun. it have tons of bass! now thats true dubstep!

well heres the song i am talking about

now, i don't CARE about whatever YOU like about music and what you prefer to listen to, but saying that dubstep isn't music is ignorant. who are YOU to judge what is music and what isn't? who gave YOU the right to dismiss an entire genre of music as 'not music' just because YOU didn't like it? if you're gonna keep thinking like that, please, reevaluate your ways of thinking.

That was pretty rude; calling someone ignorant because they don't agree with what you like. Anyway, it's not like I said that you should stop listening to it entirely, I merely expressed my opinion.

post-1372-0-46505200-1329163177_thumb.gif

• Brohoof 1

How's it rude? He said ignorant, not dumbass or retarded.

And it's not because you disagreed. He just thought you were playing judge.

Not telling you to shut up and stop expressing your opinion. Just saying, don't state it as fact. *shrug*

Anyway, can we ACTUALLY get back to the subject of dubstep please?

It's not really my thing, most dubstep songs I've heard are too fast-paced and repetitive in my taste. But I definitely like some of the pieces, to the point of listening to them while studying, or even drawing inspiration from them (as in the case of "In For The Kill" by Skrillex).

Edited by Derth Fader the Ponith

That was pretty rude; calling someone ignorant because they don't agree with what you like. Anyway, it's not like I said that you should stop listening to it entirely, I merely expressed my opinion.

post-1372-0-46505200-1329163177_thumb.gif

yes, i did word it like that because i had just woken up, felt like hell, and saw your post, which made me blind of rage.

i apologize for coming out as lashing out on you, but my point still stands. you call dubstep not music just because you don't like it. and that is ignorant. music is still music, whether you like it or not, and dubstep is not an exception.

you can hate dubstep as much as you want, i'm fine with that; after all, it IS your opinion, and i respect it. but going so far as to call something 'not music' just because you happen to not like it, that i have a problem with.

i find "older" dubstep alot better than the new ones.

i had my foot resting on the subwoofer and i listened to Skrillex - Ruffneck bass (full flex) it was meh.. some bass there but i tried some older dubstep, Black sun Empire - Hyper Sun. it have tons of bass! now thats true dubstep!

well heres the song i am talking about

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=yf_YWiqqv34

Dude... fuck yes ! Old dubstep > New dubstep x)

I don't like dubstep, I love it. This may be a little backwards but most music outside the electric genre sounds the same to me. I don't I guess I've been listening to dubstep/hardstyle/techno for so long where I can tell the difference haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I only like hardstyle dubstep, as in Mt Eden and what not, the only new wave I listen to is mainly the Going Quantum Podcasts. They are pretty legit.On a side not, Skrillex ain't dubstep... inb4haterzhate

Edited by Derpyshy

I only like hardstyle dubstep, as in Mt Eden and what not, the only new wave I listen to is mainly the Going Quantum Podcasts. They are pretty legit.On a side not, Skrillex ain't dubstep... inb4haterzhate

it's called 'dubstyle', and yes, it's an amazing subgenre.

Skrillex isn't purely dubstep. he makes some dubstep songs, but he's mostly been making aggressive electro-house songs. only in later stuff, like the More Monsters and Nice Sprites EP, and the Bangarang EP, has there been a lot of dubstep songs in it.

but yes, dubstep wise, you should check out SubVibe, Klaypex, and Excision. those artists are producing dubstep. Skrillex only made dubstep so mainstream it is possible to.

My opinion is, to each their own. I'm not a fan of dubstep because it doesn't sound elegant to me. I have a very distinctive taste when it comes to music. I am not a huge fan of the signature sounds used in dubstep.

Also to anyone stating that concentrating while listening to dubstep is hard. I personally can't shift my focus away from the music I like. And I get annoyed when I hear music I don't like.

To contribute to the topic. Deadmau5 is only famous because Notch likes him.

(edited)

I dare say i have an unusual range or genres that i like.. Dubstep and other electronic genres (DnB, Trance, etc..), Rock, Metal, Classical, Jazz and even some rap songs if the lyrics make sense to me. But it is not like i like all dubstep songs, all metal songs and so on. To be honest, my playlist is missing hundreds of songs, but i am too lazy to add more variety atm. Maybe once i get bored enough.

Oh yea, i guess i should put here some dubstep i like.. lets start with Pony related :P The first one has "soft" wubs or atleast it should bother less compared to many dubstep songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EciDe5-qjs8

Edited by Jormaz

I'm more of a Breakbeat and old-school Drum & Bass head myself, but I still do enjoy the odd 140-beat bass line to mix things up a bit. To rally a few artists off the top of my head, I enjoy listening to the likes of:

• Benga
  • Mt Eden
  • Bar 9
  • Rusko
  • Caspa
  • Skream
  • Vex'd
  • Dygital Mystikz
  • Zed Bias
  • Nu:tone (predominantly DnB, but worthy of a mention)
In a nutshell, artists that focus on reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, smooth vocals and the occasional wobble bass over that of brute hardness and intense beat down sections, is what a tend to lean towards. To recapitulate my musical preferences, have a music clip:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMxXq0fevls