120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

Not all dubstep sounds like

a giant, heavy robot laying a massive wet turd into a wood chipper on the max setting.

Which is what Skrillex sounds like... There's a bunch of other good artists out there besides him, which some people don't understand... he didn't invent the genre

Although, I'm more of a techno house kinda guy myself...

I love music, and Dubstep is part of that love! (I espescially like the group Arkasia)

DROP THE BASS!!! :wub:

I am very much into dubstep! But does Deadmau5 count?

>I am very much into dubstep! But does Deadmau5 count?

>But does Deadmau5 count?

>Deadmau5

>dubstep

Posted Image

You serious bro?

• Brohoof 2

music needs real instruments and a voice. For me it loses the point otherwise so I'll support demi's notion he described it perfectly :P

except dubstep is nothing like techno at all.

and i'd like you to elaborate why music needs "real instruments and a voice", please.

>I am very much into dubstep! But does Deadmau5 count?

>But does Deadmau5 count?

>Deadmau5

>dubstep

Posted Image

You serious bro?

might have been better just enlightening him on his ignorance than calling him out like this, brah.

Can somepony recommend some good dubstep artists? Preferably a variety of styles.

>dubstep

>variety of styles

Asking for variety in dubstep is like asking for a burger without mayo on it at McDonalds.

might have been better just enlightening him on his ignorance than calling him out like this, brah.

They tend not to listen.

so you find it better not to enlighten him that deadmau5 is a house producer that have made a couple dubstep songs, and instead call out on him like that?

Yeah.

He's also only made one dubstep song, and it's only dubstep for half of the song.

(edited)

No instruments, but still music (and better than dubstep imo)

How about music made with instruments that doesn't sound like it was?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnR_U8K1rs

That song was made entirely with a guitar.

Edited by Mr. Wobbels

(edited)

well, since this is a dubstep thread and all, figure this might be relevant to post here:

edit: noticed that this isn't really a dubstep mix, but whatevs, is still good.

Edited by Princess Diadem Skystrom

except dubstep is nothing like techno at all.

and i'd like you to elaborate why music needs "real instruments and a voice", please.

I know dubstep is nothing like tecno where in my post dis I say that they are alike

And It just my personal opinion maybe for the voice part I was exagherating a bit cause yea you can have music without it but I just cant see it as well real. That point aside There are songs that do not have instruments that I can enjoy it just that I prefer the one with them.

Not really. I find most dubstep to be the sound equivalent of an artillery bombardment on my ears.

Though there are many exceptions. I'm not into any type of music in particular.

If a genre produces something I enjoy, I'll listen to it.

I know dubstep is nothing like tecno where in my post dis I say that they are alike

this is techno:

this is dubstep:

not exactly similar, are they?

And It just my personal opinion maybe for the voice part I was exagherating a bit cause yea you can have music without it but I just cant see it as well real. That point aside There are songs that do not have instruments that I can enjoy it just that I prefer the one with them.

how is it 'not real'? and frankly, why do you disregard it as 'not having instruments', for?

from wikipedia it says: "A musical instrument is a device created or adapted for the purpose of making musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can serve as a musical instrument—it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument."

you're perfectly capable being able to produce sound with synthesizers, drumkits, samples, and using tracking, sequencing or modulation softwares on a computer, are you not? therefor, they are just as much instruments as anything you regard as being instruments. thus, you're being very ignorant referring to these tools as not instruments because, well, they ARE instruments, just more digital and electronic ones.

• Brohoof 3

from wikipedia it says: "A musical instrument is a device created or adapted for the purpose of making musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can serve as a musical instrument—it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument."

you're perfectly capable being able to produce sound with synthesizers, drumkits, samples, and using tracking, sequencing or modulation softwares on a computer, are you not? therefor, they are just as much instruments as anything you regard as being instruments. thus, you're being very ignorant referring to these tools as not instruments because, well, they ARE instruments, just more digital and electronic ones.

Like one of these:

I actually own one.