Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

alicorn outrage!

Muffins

The writers themselves have acknowledged that the idea was pushed onto them by Hasbro. There was nothing they could do to change it. That's almost indisputable now.

I'd like to see proof of that, I've seen several Tweets from the staff stating the exact opposite, and it's been forshadowed since at least the beginning of the season, maybe even longer. 

Apparently Lauren Faust originally planned for Twilight to become Celestia's successor. And Tara Strong said Twilight is staying in Ponyville. So yes, I'm trusting the writers.

I trust the writers all the way, it is Hasbro that I don't trust. So long as Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs everything will be fine, hopefully the polarizing response to this has made Hasbro realize that it is the writers who should actually write the episodes.

• Brohoof 3

I'd like to see proof of that, I've seen several Tweets from the staff stating the exact opposite, and it's been forshadowed since at least the beginning of the season, maybe even longer. 

img-992320-1-tumblr_mewn33fbjf1rdfpvto1_

Aside from Derpy which I'm told now has been reversed (still not concrete) the rest was entirely accurate. People were quick to say this was only a rumor. The staff now tweet almost every day about things not being true. Its not really a surprise because who ever leaked this was certainly on the inside. I think the show's writer's are clever enough to write Alicorn Twilight out of the show or at least make her interesting.

Apparently Lauren Faust originally planned for Twilight to become Celestia's successor. And Tara Strong said Twilight is staying in Ponyville. So yes, I'm trusting the writers.

Lauren Faust planned for only two alicorns in the show Celestia and Luna. The last bit of development work she had on the show involved Cadence. When she developed Cadence she was not intended to be an Alicorn. That only happened after she left because Hasbro changed Cadence into an Alicorn the same way they are doing Twilight. I think the show's writers are very good at what they do but I highly doubt that it was always -their- intention to make Twilight an alicorn.

Do I blame the writers for making Twilight an alicorn no. That would be like blaming a pilot for crashing a plane after all of the engines burst into flames. It's someones fault, but they are doing the best they can to cope with other people bad decisions. We can only hope that they manage to land the plane safely (this time and many times in the future).

The writers themselves have acknowledged that the idea was pushed onto them by Hasbro. There was nothing they could do to change it. That's almost indisputable now.

Oh my goodness, nothing could be farther from the truth. Like Shoboni up there, I have seen tweets from M. A. Larson (he wrote the finale) saying that the idea people have of Hasbro being an evil overlord and forcing things on the show just wasn't true. Could you link me to some proof of your statement? :)

• Brohoof 1

* Face Hoof times 1000 *

WHAT is WRONG with Twilight being an ALICORN??

Its like you guys think the series is DEAD because of it. I think it just opens new doors to adventures never before accessible.

And its not like she changes her personality or place of residence.... in fact the only MAJOR change is that she has WINGZ.... She drank a Red-Bull.

And then theres the "Shes a princess now" thing,...... Who cares?... Really....   HAVE AN OPEN MIND PEOPLE.

Rant OVER

• Brohoof 2

Wait and see.. is what you should be focused on. Just because Twilight is an Alicorn, doesn't mean its the end of the world. That will happen when  my first child is born :)

Anywho, Did anyone else notice how rarity says 'Twilight you're an Alicorn!' when NO ONE else in the entire series even mentions Alicorns at all.. its like, 'oh im gonna mention this, but no one else even says it at all!' Anywho, if Derpy Hooves is coming back than AWESOME!

I'd like to see these tweets suggesting that Alicorn Twilight was the writers' idea and not Hasbro's, because that's completely counter to the way things are usually run. For a franchise like MLP, toys dictate the show, not the other way around.

This topic doesn't really have a whole lot to bring to the table, it's like a snapshot of the issue as a whole. If you look at the very forum this topic is in, you'll find an assortment of twilicorn topics. I feel this topic in of itself could be a blog or status update, and that most of the discussion could actually be done in other threads.