Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should all of the Mane Six become alicorns?

DR Leper Lupinstein

Alicornified Mane Six  

161 users have voted

1. 1. Should the Other Mane Six Members Become Alicorns?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Take it away Big Mac!!!  B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rendXsIH8

Yeah, I don't see how that would, or could, possibly turn out well, or be necessary for that matter.  I mean, I guess AtomicBassCannon's idea of it happening at the very, very end of the series would be OK, but that's the only scenario of them all turning into alicorns that I could ever see working to any degree.  Aside from that, N-, O-, NO, none of the others should ever become alicorns, and that's that!!!  -_-

Edited by Batbrony

Well, we really don'y NEED alicorns. The reason Twilight became one is because she fully proved that she was capable of handling it, and because of her great knowledge in magic and friendship. 

The other mane six are great too, but aren't as skillful in magic. They know about friendship, but Twilight is the most powerful element of all: Magic. So she's basically the leader. It would kinda be random/pointless if all of them were to become alicorns. Celestia isn't just going to hand out wings like free food samples. Twilight earned it, so she gets wings. 

Plus, I wouldn't want ALL the mane six to have wings and horns. Meh, it'd just ruin it. I don't mind Twilight becoming an alicorn, but all of them? Nah. Bleh. Unless the writers were super duper bored. 

• Brohoof 1

You guys do realize that the reason why Twilight became an alicorn is because she can perform extremely powerful magic, right? You know, like Celestia, Luna, and Cadance can...

Rarity is the only other one of the mane 6 who can even perform magic right now. But her magic skills are fairly basic, and the most special thing that she can do is find gems. The others simply aren't qualified to become alicorns/princesses on that fact alone.

Sure, they all learned about friendship, but it is Twilight who can perform magic on a similar level to the other three alicorns. So it wasn't just about the friendship lessons that they all learned. The other mane 6 helped Twilight achieve the highest level of magic that she could as a unicorn. That is why Celestia could make her an alicorn. Magic is something that is learned, not magically given, even if Celestia could give, say, Fluttershy a unicorn horn. Fluttershy wouldn't know how to use it. Twilight has been studying magic for years and years and years and was always an extraordinary student. The rest? Not exactly.

Well, we really don'y NEED alicorns. The reason Twilight became one is because she fully proved that she was capable of handling it, and because of her great knowledge in magic and friendship. 

The other mane six are great too, but aren't as skillful in magic. They know about friendship, but Twilight is the most powerful element of all: Magic. So she's basically the leader. It would kinda be random/pointless if all of them were to become alicorns. Celestia isn't just going to hand out wings like free food samples. Twilight earned it, so she gets wings. 

Plus, I wouldn't want ALL the mane six to have wings and horns. Meh, it'd just ruin it. I don't mind Twilight becoming an alicorn, but all of them? Nah. Bleh. Unless the writers were super duper bored. 

Hahaha, you beat me to it...

And zombronie, we do know why you are making your point. And really, it's not an unfair question to ask. It's just that most of us don't see it as making sense. In fact a lot of us don't even see Twilight becoming an alicorn as making sense. At least, in my opinion, Twilight becoming an alicorn makes sense. But at least right now, it doesn't make sense for the rest of them to reach that high of an honor, at least not until Applejack grows a unicorn horn and starts bucking apples with magic. Then we might see a possibility.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 1

That would be a bad idea, Twilicorn makes scene to me because, well she earned it.  The other mane 6 are/should remain where they are, because besides wielding the elements of harmony, they really haven't done anything.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.  :angry:

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest pro-Twilicorn people out there. But all of them? Definitely not. It was Twilight's destiny to become a princess (hello, magic cutie mark?), not any of the mane six's. They were meant to befriend Twilight and help her on her journey towards becoming a princess.

What if they set things up in the beginning of season 4  so that the rest of the season is about them finding their destiny, and they show that magic isn't the only way that they become alicorns?

• Brohoof 1

What if they set things up in the beginning of season 4 so that the rest of the season is about them finding their destiny, and they show that magic isn't the only way that they become alicorns?

But how would magic not be a requirement for being an alicorn? What would be an alternative to that?

Awesome flying? Then the Wonderbolts would qualify for alicornication.

Simply understanding the magic of friendship? Then the mane 6 would have all become alicorns at the end of the finale.

Leadership? Then Mayor Mare and other non-alicorn leaders in Equestria should be alicorns too.

Think about it for a minute. Which alicorn does not use powerful magic?

Why would we give Applejack a unicorn horn if she will have no idea how to use it to help rule Equestria? Why would we give Rarity the same princess responsibilities when her most powerful magic is finding gems underground?

The only source of magic that they have is through the elements of harmony. But it is Twilight's magic that sparks that power. True that they are useless with even one of them missing (like RD in the Discord eps) but if Twilight somehow lost her magical abilities then even if she were present with the elements, they would not be able to work.

It is Twilight's friendships that are magic, and they have aided Twilight in performing the most powerful magic that any regular unicorn could do, but it is Twilight who performs the magic.

I hope I don't offend you or anything but this is what I hope and feel...

NO

Of course there are possibilites, but I'd like to think Twilight becomes a Unicorn due to something, but more Mane 6 Alicorns is just cruel, Twilicorn Haters (I'm not one, I'm indifferent about it :D ) have gone through enough now. :lol:

But how would magic not be a requirement for being an alicorn? What would be an alternative to that?

I've always felt that if any one pony could become an alicorn rather than being born as one, it should have been based on a test of character of some sort, rather than magic, because it's a little unfair that only one of the three species even has the potential to become one. 

But then I've always really preferred the idea that alicorns are living gods, anyway, and thus no pony could really "become" them.

• Brohoof 1

What if they set things up in the beginning of season 4  so that the rest of the season is about them finding their destiny, and they show that magic isn't the only way that they become alicorns?

thank you, i thought i was the only one who thought this way. but, i don't think they should all become alicorns in season 4. Rather, they need to stretch it out over some seasons. in other words, each season, one pony becomes an alicorn after facing many challenges regarding friendship.

Edited by zombronie

(edited)

My guess is that in the S4 premiere, as Twilight struggles to run Equestria, her friends pop on in to help her along the way. After that, Twilight then transforms her friends into alicorns, as a token of gratitude for helping her keep Equestria in order, and teaching her that she doesn't have to rule Equestria alone, just as Celestia couldn't rule the kingdom without Luna. Though, in order to turn her friends into alicorn princesses, Twilight would have to get permission from Princess Celestia to do so.

I mean, that already happened before at the end of the G3 direct-to-DVD cartoon, Princess Promenade. You know? Wysteria becomes a lonely princess, so she turns her friends into princesses so that she could be with them again.

Plus, the near entirety of the show wasn't just Twilight's journey. It was also that of her friends. They've learned just as much about friendship as Twilight, and I felt they need compensation as great, if not greater than her ascension to alicorn princess. And, if that means turning them into alicorn princesses, so be it.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

tumblr_inline_mhx63l3w6s1qz4rgp.gif

That would be the end of it for me... I'm okay with Twilight being a princess but that would not make sense at all, if that's how monarchy worked in Equestria, everyone would be princesses and that would be the stupidest thing since G3.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

tumblr_inline_mhx63l3w6s1qz4rgp.gif

That would be the end of it for me... I'm okay with Twilight being a princess but that would not make sense at all, if that's how monarchy worked in Equestria, everyone would be princesses and that would be the stupidest thing since G3.

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm still in denial over Twilight becoming a princess. I can't wish for her to return to a unicorn at the end of the S4 premiere, and I couldn't wish she could shape-change between unicorn and alicorn. If I can't see Twilight turn her friends into alicorns, then what should I wish for at all regarding Princess Twilight? Edited by Commander_PonyShep

Just accept it. It's no use making up plotlines that will never happen. It's not exactly the end of the world and I'm sure the writers will give us an awesome S4 premiere that will reassure all the fandom about Twilight being superior to her friends or anything. If they don't, then we can panic.

• Brohoof 1

Fuck no. I don't think any of them want to change their...pony type...anyway, let alone become Alicorns. Twilight I feel was a one time deal, and I don't want it to happen again.

Fuck no. I don't think any of them want to change their...pony type...anyway, let alone become Alicorns. Twilight I feel was a one time deal, and I don't want it to happen again.

Well, what do you want Twilight's friends to do, get left in the dust like the near entirety of the supporting cast of Dragon Ball Z who aren't saiyans or half-saiyans?

Twilight was an equal to her friends, leadership skills or none at all! You make her vastly superior to her friends by turning her into an alicorn princess, and it's Dragon Ball Z all over again!

Well, what do you want Twilight's friends to do, get left in the dust like the near entirety of the supporting cast of Dragon Ball Z who aren't saiyans or half-saiyans?

Twilight was an equal to her friends, leadership skills or none at all! You make her vastly superior to her friends by turning her into an alicorn princess, and it's Dragon Ball Z all over again!

I'd rather have Dragon Ball Z than MLP G3 honestly. And it is not going to happen, yeah she's a princess, toys get sold, then the show slowly continues in its initial way. The only difference will be episodes about her princesshood. If you can't bear that, how could you bear the whole Mane 6 dealing with princesshood?

cm-28682-0508ea92588705.jpeg

Nope, sounds stupid and I don't think that could ever be executed properly. 

And if they did try to do that I would probably drop the show like a child with toys after he discovers the Wii.

• Brohoof 3

Hello!

Oh dear, Twilight Alicorn was bad enough for me, and seeing everypony else in the mane 6 become one's.... - End of the world! Voted No of course.

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely not! It would dampen the imperious and godlike image of the Equestria monarchy, and besides, Im cool with just Twilight. The whole mane 6 becoming alicorns would wreck me mentally. :(

I loved Twilight becoming an alicorn princess.  It works because she seems smart and responsible, she's been studying under Princess Celestia, and she's the main character, so it makes sense that she would become the most powerful type of pony.  But I don't think it would work with the other ponies.  Applejack with wings doesn't work to me, and neither does Fluttershy with magic.  Also, why would Pinkie NEED magic?